Start by marking “The Prodigy Project” as Want to Read:
The Prodigy Project

The Prodigy Project

When the seeds of death are sown into the very blueprints of life, no one is safe.... Someone is trying to resurrect ancient viruses hidden deep within the human genetic code to create a biological weapon so specific that it can target an individual . . . or an entire race. When two young prodigies discover their “medical research” is being used to build this weapon, they ...more
Paperback, first, 235 pages
Published November 15th 2010 by Prescott Publishing (first published November 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Prodigy Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prodigy Project

Vaughn Ohlman
May 28, 2014 Vaughn Ohlman rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vaughn by: The Author
I liked it. Look, I have this problem when writing book reviews. I tend to see only the parts of the book I don’t like, I want to be better, etc etc yada yada and write my reviews on that. And I loved this book (as did my daughter). So if you’re reading this review to see whether this random person on the Internet, whom you don’t know from Adam, liked the book and recommends it, the answer is *Yes* and *Definitely* and you can stop reading now. Thanks.
For those of you who are still reading, and
Dana
Feb 09, 2012 Dana rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic book! It is kind of like the Duggars meet the Spy Kids, except that the dad is the spy and only the older kids really get involved in the spy stuff although the younger ones have their own little adventure too. Jon Gunderson is a doctor, a father of nine children who his wife homeschools, and a spy. His masters degree in microbiology makes him a good candidate to fight biological warfare and, with his unsuspecting large family in tow, he fights crime surreptuously on their ...more
Donna
Feb 20, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it
“The Prodigy Project” by Doug Flanders, MD is a wonderful science fiction read! Lt. Col Gunderson has a secret that he keeps from his family - he is an American spy! Though he often takes them with him on his missions, until this very important mission, they don’t know a thing. With a wife and 8 kids along, you just know there is going to be both conflict and excitement.

Suddenly the American government wants Gunderson to help with an extremely important assignment in Hong Kong, and this time the
Linda Nelson
Apr 07, 2011 Linda Nelson rated it really liked it
Shelves: family-spy-novel
I can't say The Prodigy Project is another Clive Cussler, but it was an overall good read.
A spy novel for the family, written by a family, should be classified in a category with Spy Kids. This book was mediocre suspenseful and contained some good action. It does have some humorous parts to break up some of the suspense. Imagine taking a family of 9 children on a spy mission without them knowing. I am not sure if this is the author's debut novel, but if it is, I think he will be able to turn ou
Everybookhasasoul
Feb 27, 2012 Everybookhasasoul rated it really liked it
I found the first couple of chapters of this book hard to read as it was to a slow a pace for me however I am glad I stuck with it as this turned out to be a great read.

The characters are brilliantly thought out and all of them have a purpose within the book. The plot is well thought out and is consistent throughout the novel.

This book has a unique plot which won't be found in any other books at the moment. I recommened this book to everyone it is a great read that I think everyone will enjoy.

A
Dan
Feb 11, 2011 Dan rated it it was amazing
I received an Advance Reader's Copy (ARC) from LibraryThing members and I will post a review after reading it.
I really liked this book because it grabbed me by the throat at the Prologue, and didn't release its grip until the Epilogue; it's THAT kind of a book.
The author uses the KISS method (it means Keep It Simple, Stupid) in his writing: the story is told simply and to the point.
I highly recommend this book to whomever loves a well written story.
Jennifer Osterman
Feb 16, 2011 Jennifer Osterman rated it liked it
As many others have mentioned, this book was very slow to start out. While I enjoyed the plot of this book, I found the execution of the story suffered a bit from too much "telling" and not enough "showing" of key plot points. I liked it enough to give a second try to this author when he writes his next book.
Bertha
Dec 21, 2010 Bertha rated it liked it
The book started out slowly but once you get a few chapter into the book the story picks up . I'd recommend this book .
Nora
Aug 11, 2011 Nora rated it it was ok
Unfortunately this book moved to slowly for my liking although that may be due to the amount of scientific detail that was given throughout. Perhaps a bit too much info dumping.
Paige L
Paige L rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Jennifer Flanders
Jennifer Flanders rated it it was amazing
Cath Thorley
Cath Thorley rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2012
Francis Baraan
Francis Baraan rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
Esther
Esther rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Danyelle
Danyelle rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2011
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2010
Landy
Landy marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2010
Karen
Karen added it
Sam
Sam added it
Nov 10, 2016
Earlene Glasgow
Earlene Glasgow marked it as to-read
Karolyn
Karolyn marked it as to-read
JERRY TRAILOR
JERRY TRAILOR marked it as to-read
Jaque Richards
Jaque Richards marked it as to-read
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Kasey
Kasey marked it as to-read
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Sarah Jacquie
Sarah Jacquie marked it as to-read
M
M marked it as to-read
Janie Luten
Janie Luten marked it as to-read
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Gloria Roach
Gloria Roach marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2010
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2010
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2010
Navi
Navi marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2010
Bert Edens
Bert Edens marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2010
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2010
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2010
Jennifer Defoy
Jennifer Defoy marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2010
Silly
Silly marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2010
Regina Walck
Regina Walck marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2010
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2010
Ann Marie
Ann Marie marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2010