Start by marking “L'atro antro” as Want to Read:
L'atro antro

L'atro antro (A Series of Unfortunate Events #11)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  71,887 Ratings  ·  1,367 Reviews
Il volume contiene svariate sgradevolezze, quali una pinza gigante, un uomo con una nuvola di fumo al posto della testa, un ipnotizzatore, un terribile incidente che provocherà diversi feriti, punizioni severe, muffe sgocciolanti, esami sterminati e saggi di violino. È inutile sperare che la serie vada migliorando, né, mi spiace dire, ci sono prospettive che essa migliori ...more
Published 2006 by Salani (first published September 21st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about L'atro antro, please sign up.

Cadgas I would have asked your address, bought a copy and shipped it to you "4" free but Aunt Josephine would not like it.
Taj If u are reading to people try to add enthusiasm as to boring old word by word technique.were as if u are reading to urself u are free to choose how…moreIf u are reading to people try to add enthusiasm as to boring old word by word technique.were as if u are reading to urself u are free to choose how to read it
(less)

Deborah Markus
Dec 30, 2013 Deborah Markus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy
I’m listening to this as read by Tim Curry, which is all things awesome. However: if you’re doing the same, you might want to grab a physical copy long enough to look at the last several pages. Snicket includes six “To My Kind Editor” letters, and Curry doesn’t read them. Which is not his fault, because nothing is his fault, because Tim Curry is a rock god and if you don’t understand that you need to leave my house right now.

The reason Curry doesn’t read these letters is because he can’t. No, he
Lauren
UPDATE: 19/Jan/2017
I am getting sick of updating my reviews for all these books but for the last time I liked this book more that I did when I first read it.

1/Jan/2017
As my first book of 2017, I can't say I'm disappointed as I wasn't expecting much. I am so ready for this series to end because it has been going on for too long. I wasn't that interested in this book because I've lost a lot of my interest in this series. Also last year I only read these books to catch up on my reading challenge.
Katie
Feb 20, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gasped so loud on the last page that I woke up the hubby! Oh man, what a turn of events. I'm so proud of the Baudelaire orphans! Standing up to Mr. Poe like that, figuring out all the complicated riddles... so proud!! :)
Richard Denney
Listened to this one on audio read by the amazing Tim Curry in a few hours and it made it a whole lot better. I feel like this was a bit of a filler book but I still enjoyed it. I don’t like Fiona (the tiny bit of romance in here was completely unnecessary and icky to me lol I'm not one for romance in MG.). That twist with the hook-handed man was pretty cool and Count Olaf was just as fucked up as he always is. I think I might check out more audio books in the future. I thought they weren’t for ...more
Mark Lawrence
I continue my relentless 3*ing of the series, though this volume was significantly better than the previous one (The Slippery Slope).

Much of the action takes place on submarines. These submarines appear to contain cavernous, often rectangular rooms, although the first of them is encountered in a mountain stream... Later a submarine's window (yup, window) is repaired with chewing gum.

My science is further hurt by the claim that sonar of the type that puts a tracking dot on the screen works by lis
Kate (GirlReading)
3.75* ooh, that ending! I feel as though (or am at least hoping) we're going to be getting some answers soon...
BAM The Bibliomaniac
Best.beginning

"A man of my acquaintance once wrote a poem called 'The Road Less Traveled' describing a journey he took along a path most travelers never used....and he was probably a bit nervous as he went along, because if anything happened on the road less traveled, the other travelers...couldn't hear him as he cried for help. Sure enough, that poet is now dead."
Leah Craig
Jan 18, 2017 Leah Craig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
"People aren't either wicked or noble," the hook-handed man said. "They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict."
Asha
Feb 04, 2017 Asha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two more!
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #11), Lemony Snicket
عنوان: غار غم انگیز: مجموعه ماجراهای بچه های بدشانس #11؛ نویسنده: لیمونی (لمونی) استیکت؛ مترجم: رضا دهقان؛ تهران، ماهی، 1385؛ در 240 ص، مصور؛ مجموعه بچه های بدشانس کتاب یازدهم؛ شابک: 9789647948999؛ چاپ سوم 1386؛ چاپ چهارم 1387؛ چاپ پنجم 1389؛ موضوع: داستانهای خیال انگیز از نویسندگان امریکایی - قرن 21 م
عنوان: غار غریب: مجموعه ماجراهای ناگوار #11؛ نویسنده: لیمونی (لمونی) استیکت؛ مترجم: فرزانه کریمی؛ تهران، قدیانی، بنفشه، 1393؛ د
Tilly
Aug 01, 2016 Tilly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had everything I missed in a few of the previous books and reminded to the fact how awesome this series can be. The plot was exciting, it has interesting new characters and I really loved this whole underwater scenario. The backstory of Fiona and her stepfather was very well fitting to the rest of unfortunate events through the whole series and I really enjoyed their description of their life in a submarine. I was also happy to meet Phil again, the optimist from "The Miserable Mill", ( ...more
Nadine
Mar 29, 2016 Nadine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"How can someone so wonderful do something so terrible?"

That ending!!!! What?! I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book. Only two left and I think we're finally going to get some answers.
The Grim Grotto is action packed. The Baudelaire's find themselves on a submarine then in a grotto with poisonous mushrooms only to be left wondering what to do next and who to trust.

Full series review: https://todaysechos.wordpress.com/201...
Constadina
Jun 12, 2012 Constadina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
What can I say about these books?? For me they're so much more than children's books. Sure a child will probably enjoy them but I think you have to be older to fully appreciate the cleverness of these books and the genius that Lemony Snicket is. I think he's one of my favorite authors because he's clever, he's intriguing and mainly because he's sarcastic. One of my favorite parts of his books are the little poems he writes for Beatrice and of course his failed attempt to make us not read his boo ...more
Jamieson
Feb 05, 2009 Jamieson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the eleventh book in “A Series of Unfortunate Events”, we find the three young Baudelaire siblings in a grim bit of trouble, escaping from the nefarious Count Olaf by riding a toboggan down the Stricken Stream, hoping to find a sugar bowl before he does.

The Baudelaire siblings don’t know what is so important about the sugar bowl, only that it may mean the end of their troubles.Unsure how to get out of the Stricken Stream without drowning, the three siblings contemplate their fate. Violet, the
Octavia
Jul 25, 2016 Octavia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
Mini Review: Not my favorite, because I do think this one dragged a bit at times, but I think it was better than a lot of the earlier ones. So close to finishing the series, excited to see how the last two play out!
melanie
Feb 20, 2017 melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Rest here,” Sunny said, curling up at the foot of the stove.

“Will you really be comfortable on the kitchen floor?” Klaus asked.

Sunny opened one exhausted eye and smiled at her siblings. “Near you,” she said.

description
Marianne
Dec 29, 2014 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Grim Grotto is the eleventh book in A Series of Unfortunate Events by American author, Lemony Snicket (aka Daniel Handler). As we once again join the unlucky Baudelaire orphans, they find themselves sailing down the Stricken Stream on a toboggan towards the ocean. Is it coincidence that they are rescued by a submarine whose crew (Captain Widdershins and Fiona) are on a mission to find a certain important sugar bowl, one the Baudelaire orphans also seek?

Having narrowly escaped a burning hospi
Natt BookEuphoria
I love underwater adventures, and this book had one of them. I loved the submarine and the Captain and I shipped Fiona and Klaus so hard. Mind you I also ship Quigley and Violet and it really frustrates me that there is practically no romance since this is middle grade. It was very spooky for me to read theyre underwater cave chapter. The ending was as always quite heartbreaking and the betrayal was unexpected. I really loved Fiona and I was very worried for Sunny in this book. God bless her coo ...more
Camilla
3.5 stars! // I enjoy this series so much that I wish I'd read it as a child. That would have been so much fun. I still really enjoy them now as an adult - and one of the things I love the most about it is the authors writing and humor. So incredibly good.

I am getting really close to the end of the series now, and even though I don't want it to end, I really feel like it's time to get some more answers - and I'm really looking forward to that!
Abby
Jun 07, 2016 Abby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We're so close to the end of the series, so it makes sense that all the pieces are falling together. The Grim Grotto leaves the reader on the edge of their seats wondering if the Baudelaires will find the sugar bowl or if Sunny will survive being poisoned by a deadly mushroom. Just two more books, which I do not remember, so it'll all be new and exciting to me.
Mel
Jul 06, 2012 Mel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. I think I am tied for this one and book 6 for my favourite!
I just can't wait to be done this series.. my goal is to finish it before the clock strikes 12 on Thursday.
Marina
Puedo afirmar con un 95% de seguridad que voy a llorar cuando me termine esta saga.
Tudor Vlad
Jan 15, 2017 Tudor Vlad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This weekend will probably my most unfortunate one. After watching the first six episodes of the Netflix show I decided that it’s high time to finish this series. We’ll see how it goes.
Iris
Feb 02, 2011 Iris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kat Thomas
Mar 01, 2011 Kat Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a series these books are incredible. The formulaic plot that is repeated in every book satisfies the child who is being read to's expectation of what's going on, right and wrong and the band of simple characters.

Where the books become really clever is the additional bits of plot woven into the anecdotes, dedications and acknowledgments, written for the older reader, whether parents reading aloud or older children.

The humour is clever, beautifully insightful and infinitely quotable. Type Lem
Celine
Jun 10, 2013 Celine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Though somewhat lacking in tension plot-wise, The Grim Grotto has incorporated moral ambiguity in an understandable and interesting way. I feel like the quality of these later books is higher than the middle bunch of the series - the jokes wittier, the writing tighter, the themes more complex. And again, an ending that leaves me wanting to know what lies in store for the Baudelaires next...
Melissa
Jan 22, 2015 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereads, read-2015
Only 2 more books to go in this series! I'm really enjoying rereading these books now I'm in my twenties, around 10 years since my original read. Am finding them a little slower, now I'm older, but still a lot of fun! Would recommend this entire series to people of all ages.
Darren Hagan aka snazzlebooks
Another good book in the series. Only 2 left :(

I enjoyed this book (again) but I feel like it was a bit less exciting than some of the others. It had a few good twists and turns though. Looking forward to seeing how it ends :D
Moujan Taghavi
Aug 26, 2016 Moujan Taghavi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
حدود یک تابستان من در سن 14 ، 15 سالگی تنها به ذوق رسیدن روز اول هفته برای خرید جلد بعدی این مجموعه کتاب بود. عالی بودن . اون زمان که خیلی از خواندنش لذت بردم.
Jackie

My favourite novel of the series so far.
Around the Year i...: The Grim Grotto, by Lemony Snicket 1 11 Jan 16, 2017 02:48AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: A Series of Unfortunate Events - Starting'The Grim Grotto' on April 2nd 2015 115 88 Apr 11, 2015 01:03AM
The Nooks of Books: The Grim Grotto 1 3 Jan 28, 2015 03:53AM
The ASOUE Challenge: Books Alluded 1 3 Nov 08, 2014 09:17AM
best book in series 35 121 Jul 23, 2014 01:13AM
The Grim Grotto 4 27 Apr 07, 2014 12:13PM
quotablebookquotes: The Grim Grotto: An Overview 2 2 Jan 13, 2014 11:05PM
  • Dreadful Acts (The Eddie Dickens Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wrath of Mulgarath (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #5)
  • The Edge Chronicles 5: Stormchaser: Second Book of Twig
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • Molly Moon Stops the World (Molly Moon, #2)
  • Charlie Bone and the Time Twister (The Children of the Red King, #2)
  • May Bird Among the Stars (May Bird, #2)
  • The Tenth City (The Land of Elyon, #3)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #2)
  • The Shattering (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #5)
  • Loamhedge (Redwall, #16)
  • The Vicar of Nibbleswicke

For A Series of Unfortunate Events:
www.lemonysnicket.com

For All The Wrong Questions:
www.lemonysnicketlibrary.com
More about Lemony Snicket...

A Series of Unfortunate Events (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1)
  • The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2)
  • The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3)
  • The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #4)
  • The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5)
  • The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #6)
  • The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7)
  • The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #8)
  • The Carnivorous Carnival (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #9)
  • The Slippery Slope (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #10)

“People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict.” 6611 likes
“It is one of life's bitterest truths that bedtime so often arrives just when things are really getting interesting.” 2682 likes