Start by marking “Don't Die, Dragonfly (The Seer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Don't Die, Dragonfly (The Seer, #1)

Don't Die, Dragonfly (The Seer #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  2,989 ratings  ·  247 reviews

After getting kicked out of school and sent to live with her grandmother, Sabine Rose is determined to become a "normal" teenage girl. She hides her psychic powers from everyone, even from her grandmother Nona, who also has "the gift." Having a job at the school newspaper and friends like Penny-Love, a popular cheerleader, have helped Sabine fit in at her new school. She h

Published September 8th 2004 by Llewellyn Publications (first published January 8th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Die, Dragonfly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Die, Dragonfly

Amateur de Livre
I have always been drawn to anything involving the mind and have always been fascinated by psychics. Having been born in the caul, and having a Great-Grandmother that read tarot cards, I was ready to jump on board and read a book that dealt with the powers of the psyche. And I was not disappointed.

Don't Die Dragonfly is the first book in The Seer series. Sabine Rose is sent to live with her maternal Grandmother, Nona, after a boy dies at her school. Plagued with visions, she feels as if she let
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
16-year-old Sabine has a secret – she gets visions and warnings about the future – although they’re always about other people.
Her latest warning is about a girl with a dragonfly tattoo, although she’s not really sure what she’s supposed to be warning her about.
When someone puts the janitor in the hospital after a break in at the school, Sabine is determined to find out who did it, especially when it seems the culprit is trying to frame her.
Who injured the jani
Susan
I'd recommend this to a reader on the young side of young adult. Although the first person protagonist Sabine Rose is a high school student, the writing is rather simplistic for that age. The plot line is not that unique, either.

What makes the book interesting and worth reading are the characters of Sabine and the people around her, and their interactions. Many teenagers are convinced that, if others discover their secret self (even if it's not that they're psychic), they'll be rejected and lose
julieta
It was an entertaining book. Simple and quick to read. The characters were cool and it didn't get me all confused like the books I've been reading lately.
But...

I sorta spoiled myself some things. Not much but enough to make me question if I will keep reading this series.
Although, the next book looks quite promising, this book lacked of the things I was looking for: all the coven stuff and circles, that kind of thing. There wasn't much about actually being a witch, the way I wanted it to.
Plus, wh
Papia aziz
This is the first book of the sequel "The seer" and so far I really liked this book. Sabine Rose was kicked out of her school and sent to live with her grandma,Nona. Sabine have a psychic gift that lead her to get kicked out of her school.She's trying really hard to prove that she was innocence of killing a girl at her old schoo. She can sense dangers and many other things. Now in her new school shes trying to be normal like a teenage girl would. But when she starts having deadly visions of a g ...more
Manda
This was a book that I nabbed free on Kindle long ago and stashed away for a rainy day. Without knowing the premise or even bothering to check, I jumped in and was quickly sucked into Sabine's not-so-ordinary world. It's a fast paced, get-to-the-point kind of book, and aside from being a bit predictable, I enjoyed it and will probably continue with the rest of the series.

Dragonfly dealt mostly with the high school social dynamic. I enjoyed the Singleton's style of writing and how she presented
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Original Review Date (posted on www.paperbackswap.com): 8/6/2010

I read this young adult book in one day! Maybe because I am twice as old as the suggested reader. I don't care though, because it helped me escape into a world of the paranormal. Sabine is a young girl trying to find her way in life with a secret that she hides only to protect herself from becoming the outcast she was in her former school. She finds her way through her mundane life and finds love, friends and people who really like
Kristy
I was pleasantly surprised by how interesting this book was. It is by a local author who visited my daughters school. She was autographing books, so I bought 3, one for each of my older three daughters. Although I was intrigued by this author from the get go (she has the same first and last [maiden:] name as my mother, the middle is different)I assumed her books were written for younger reader, even though her genre claimed to be YA.

The MC, a 16 year old girl named Sabine, has inherited her gra
Kelly
There were parts of this book that I really, really enjoyed- namely Sabine's visions and the mysterious Dominic- and then there were parts that I never quite connected with.

To start with, Josh is the most freaking perfect person EVER. The guy volunteers at a Children's Hospital for Pete's sake. He doesn't lose his temper. He doesn't have any vices that were mentioned. He's... perfect. And let's face it, Mr Perfect would be nice in real life but in a story he's just boring. That right there was t
Marsha
May 06, 2010 Marsha rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adults
Recommended to Marsha by: Countrygirl_TN
Don't Die, Dragonfly is 288 pages of a fast pace adventure. 17 year old Sabine Rose is starting over. After foretelling the death of a high school student, Sabine is ostracized by her peers and her community. Therefore, her controlling mother sends her to live with her grandmother who seems to understand her unique abilities. Rose is fitting in her new environment just fine until her grandmother hires a young man, Dominic to assist with the farm and a girl at school becomes obsessed with a star ...more
This was an interesting book, but it was sort of difficult to work past the grammatical and flat-out word errors in this book. At one point, Sabine's love interest tells her that he will need to take up fishing when she shows up wearing some hook-type earrings, implying that he will need to do it to catch her. She responds with, "You're already caught me." It should have said you've already caught me. I can't really blame the author for these errors.. that's what the author pays her editors to c ...more
Diana Marie
Sabine is sent to live with her grandma. Tired of feeling like an outcast she decides to keep her psychic powers to herself,even from the one person who can help her-her grandma. When she get's a job in her school's newspaper,being friends with popular cheerleader Penny love, and when Josh DeMarco starts to show more interest in her, she finally feels normal and fit's in. But everyday she's reminded she cannot be normal because she can never get her bossy sprit guide, Opal out of her mind or the ...more
Sandra Lopez
Sabine is a typical high school girl with a not-so-typical psychic gift. Like most 16-year-olds in that awkward stage, she’s underdeveloped (no boobs) and acts like a giddy fool in front of her crush.

When I first started reading this, it reminded me of those Goosebumps book series I was so into growing up, with scenes drawn out of bedtime stories that had monsters in the closet and whatnot; then, as I continued, it transcended into something more like those Sweet Valley High books I used to alw
Maryse Primeau
First of all, here's my resume of the book.

***DON'T READ IT IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS.***

Sabine Rose was kicked out of her home by her own mother after predicting a boy's death. Sabine can see ghosts and sometimes has premonitions. Now she's living with her grand-mother and everything is going fine because no one knows about her powers. Everything changes when she has a vision of a girl with a dragonfly tattoo and lots of blood. Things become even more weird when she meets that girl named Dani
Yareinis
This book is about Sabine and how she got kicked out of her previous school because she predicted that a football player from her school was gonna die and then that same prediction happened.So the school thinks she killed him, then Sabine is triying to find out what DID kill him,so she goes into the school at night at the crime scene and search for clues then thats when she sees HIM.Hes alive..or not.This book is good and I found it in Ms Lacy books.
Ashley
This book was amazing, i stayed up to 3am reading this. Every time a book ended, i was so excited to read the next book. this series will make you laugh, it will draw you in, and its a perfect escape. I read this series during my senior year in high school, and it made the time pass by. If you havent had the opportunity, to read this book, go to your library and start. its fantastic!!! its a great paranormal read.
Omi
This book is geared toward young adults but I enjoyed those feelings of young crushes and first time love. The conflict Sabine feels as to whether she is blessed or cursed by her gift comes across to the reader. Only thing I didn't like is that the ending leaves you hanging and if you are interested in learning more need to read the next 4 books in the series.
Amy Lynn
I loved this book I thought it was so good!

Sabine is an average girl with one power no one else has. She sees the future. When Sabine starts having visions of this girl with a dragonfly tattoo. She goes on the search to find this girl. Will she risk everything she has worked for or will she help this girl before it's too late?
Karla
ok this book is so awesome! i feel sorry for those who havent read it yet! this story is about a girl who can see well ghosts! she helps them pass on to the other life i guess but along the way she has a small romance part well maybe a big one anyway u people should read this!
JoAnn
Apr 13, 2010 JoAnn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to JoAnn by: friend at school
Shelves: favorites
this also fused a lot of things i like into one really good book. it was like realistic fiction and fantasy blended together with a bunch of stuff that seemed irrelevant but made the story much better than it could've been without it.
Kathryn Shiverdecker
this book was pretty good. good mystery, drama, and characters. I liked how it's showing her progress in building confidence in herself and how she is starting to see being different is a good thing. definitely a fun and easy read.
Amy
This book was awesome! It was a great start to a series and I can't wait to read the rest! I only wish that there was a little more information about what happened at Sabine's previous school.
Laura Beth
Wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but ended up really enjoying it! Just ordered the next one in the series from the library...
Michelle
Pretty good book. Fast read, kind of a different story line. But I like books about witches. Can't wait to read #2.
Denisa Howe
A bit of magic, family; moving to gran-mas, new school and MYSTERY... Wonderful read.
Fast paced and very interesting! I enjoyed the series a lot.
Macy Schimmel
I really liked this book. It is worth the read.
junebug
Wow, I forgot how much I enjoyed this cute, short read! Sabine Rose is such a well written character! I sometimes have a hard time imagining the main characters of other books as being 16 or 17 because of the way the talk of act. Sabine felt, talked, and acted like a 16 year old to me. It was refreshing and enjoyable to read about her adventures.

I loved Dominic. He was quiet, self-assured and handsome. None of this made him seem unreal to me though. And his ability to (view spoiler)
Debbie
This book was re-issued and also contains a short story, Dominic’s Volcano, that explains the back ground of Dominic, the young man Sabine’s grandmother takes on as her apprentice. The short story in itself was great and I love that we see more of what Dominic and Sabine just allude to regarding his history. The main story was an interesting concept and a nice change from the vampire theme that is currently so popular. Don’t get me wrong, I love my vampire books, but variety is the spice of life ...more
Coming in 2009 -- New format & bonus story! 6 27 Aug 15, 2011 08:29AM
  • Sweetie
  • Wish (Wish, #1)
  • Raising the Dead (Past Midnight, #1.5)
  • Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Love, Unexpectedly (Wild Ride To Love #2)
  • The Queen's Dollmaker
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Oleander House (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #1)
  • Soul Catcher (The Outsider #1)
  • The Pursuit of Pleasure (Dartmouth Brides, #1)
  • Chosen Ones (Aedyn Chronicles #1)
  • Catch of a Lifetime (Tritone Trilogy, #3)
  • Origin Scroll (Targa Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker, #0.5)
  • Alice at Heart (Waterlilies, #1)
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • Bridge To Happiness

The Seer (6 books)
  • Last Dance (The Seer, #2)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • Sword Play (The Seer, #4)
  • Fatal Charm (The Seer, #5)
  • Magician's Muse (The Seer, #6)
Last Dance (The Seer, #2) Witch Ball (The Seer, #3) Sword Play (The Seer, #4) Fatal Charm (The Seer, #5) Dead Girl Walking (Dead Girl, #1)