Start by marking “Hard Goals: The Secret to Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be” as Want to Read:
Hard Goals: The Secret to Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be

Hard Goals: The Secret to Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"Ever felt like you weren't reaching your goals as fast as you would like? "HARD GoalsK" shows you how to change your thinking and get on the path to tremendous achievement!"
--Marshall Goldsmith, world-renowned executive coach and author of the "New York Times" bestsellers "MOJO" and "What Got You Here Won't Get You There"

""Hard Goals" is full of fascinating insights regar
Published November 10th 2010 by McGraw-Hill (first published October 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hard Goals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Goals

Carlene Walter

The introduction explains why some goals are achieved and others are not. The book outlines each of the HARD attributes and how to put each to work in order to achieve the desired results.
Cindy
I thought that this book was really very insightful and I found it to be something that I think I can use in my life. The author's premise is that most goals fail because they are not HARD - an acronym for Heartfelt - Animated - Required - Difficult. He thinks that those SMART goals are the antithesis of what a good goal should be and in fact discusses research that shows that most of the verbiage used is likely to result in less buy-in, not more. It is a very interesting, quick read.
Rolando Gill
Goal setting has been written and talked about so many times. I am surprised so many people have opinions on it. This book resonated deeply with me. In writing this book Mr. Murphy demonstrated to me that he has had all consuming goals and was able to effectively describe them so that I would recognize that I also have had HARD Goals. I know that this is what real goals are about. Understanding what a goal is helps me to now be able to set them and pursue them. Awesome book, Highly recommended.
Kathleen Rainwater
People set goals all the time… remember how good it felt when you accomplished one of the more difficult goals in your life? Research for this book revealed that that people who set difficult “hard” goals are up to 75 percent more fulfilled than people with easy goals. What makes one goal more satisfying than another goal? According to the author, “Hard” goals are emotional; motivated by your vision; have a sense of urgency; and difficult to achieve.
Bonnie
This was an okay book....seemed like 'more of the same thing.' I got a few new pointers out of it, but didn't love it. Lately - when I read a book like this, I want it to reach out and grab me. This just didn't do that. But it does have good information in it and would be good for someone just getting into self-help and goal-setting books.
Jenny (rapid tortoise)
I got some interesting ideas out of this book. I think it would make a nice tandem with "This year I will".
Lynn
Many old ideas, worth a read if you have a hard goal.
Pokes Mashao
Pokes Mashao marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Vanessa
Vanessa is currently reading it
Dec 28, 2014
Nilson Alegre
Nilson Alegre is currently reading it
Dec 25, 2014
Jonathan Mcguire
Jonathan Mcguire marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Fernando Grangeiro
Fernando Grangeiro marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Karen Rhodes
Karen Rhodes marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Dawn
Dawn is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2014
Shashidhar Bc
Shashidhar Bc marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
KR
KR added it
Jul 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Hiring for Attitude: A Revolutionary Approach to Recruiting and Selecting People with Both Tremendous Skills and Superb Attitude Hundred Percenters: Challenge Your Employees to Give It Their All, and They'll Give You Even More The Deadly Sins of Employee Retention Dialogue: The Fine Art of Conversation What Great Managers Do