Start by marking “Robert Louis Stevenson: Seven Novels” as Want to Read:
Robert Louis Stevenson: Seven Novels

Robert Louis Stevenson: Seven Novels

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  44 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Few writers have a collection of stories as original and beloved as Robert Louis Stevenson. From Treasure Island to Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Stevenson has captured and delighted generations of imaginations. Enjoy these and many other memorable stories by this timeless author in the next volume of Thunder Bay's successful Canterbury Classics series.
Leather Bound, 912 pages
Published November 1st 2010 by Canterbury Classics (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Robert Louis Stevenson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robert Louis Stevenson

Mad Russian the Traveller
A few years back I read "Kidnapped" for a father-son reading group; unfortunately the group kept the discussion to simple analysis of the characters and moralistic aspects of the story. I wanted to discuss the social implications in the story, and some other aspects of the novel. I'm now just going to enjoy Stevenson's writing and keep my thoughts to myself. English literature majors don't even like this writer since Virginia Wolfe poo-pooed him. I think he is a better writer than Virginia. :D

In
Ed
Oct 22, 2009 Ed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This omnibus edition unfortunately out of print. While I am currently reading it--finished "Treasure Island", "Kidnapped", "The Master of Ballantrae", all for the second time (at least), reading "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"--which is actually very short--in honor of the scary season.

I read all of these as a kid. At the time I didn't know I was reading real books, only that they were exciting with plenty of pirates, highwaymen and young men having adventures. Didn't understand t
marc
Jun 05, 2012 marc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i think master of language but perhaps less so of art with chief significance or even partly explanation for canonical preservation being in relation of scotland to the empire which is uncertain and maybe more symbiotic than anything else.

ok ok i enjoyed it well enough. but after six books i just couldnt take any more. and it was so tedious to get through so much of one author at once. im never reading another bindup, its single volumes only for me now.
Benjamin Elliott
Apr 26, 2016 Benjamin Elliott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-in-print
Some of the language--particularly the parts written with Scottish brogue--makes it read a little slower than most, but all of the books in the volume are well worth the time. I enjoyed them all.
Helena R-D
May 25, 2015 Helena R-D rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this collection of all the novels and it has certainly brought back my love of both pirates and Scotland into the foreground. I was intrigued by Prince Otto and Kidnapped. Good stuff that has aged quite well.
Kodiaksm
Dec 14, 2015 Kodiaksm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Treasure Island
Stotty
Stotty marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Rick
Rick rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Donald Walker
Donald Walker marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Rebecca Denning
Rebecca Denning rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Rhiannon
Rhiannon marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Tim Sweeney
Tim Sweeney rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Moksh Singh
Moksh Singh marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Bruno Xavier
Bruno Xavier marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Debra Byrd
Debra Byrd rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Catherine Wright
Catherine Wright marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Susan / Dan
Susan / Dan rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Taz
Taz marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
bj
bj rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Nicci
Nicci marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Akshat Solanki
Akshat Solanki marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Ray
Ray rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
RB
RB marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Sara Kreps
Sara Kreps marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Baque Wiggin
Baque Wiggin marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Serenity
Serenity marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Mark Twain
  • Edgar Allan Poe
  • Complete Short Stories
  • The Collected John Carter of Mars (Barsoom, #8-11)
  • Jules Verne: Seven Novels
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Other Stories
  • Tom Swift on The Phantom Satellite  (Tom Swift Jr, #9)
  • Oliver Twist; A Tale of Two Cities; Great Expectations; A Christmas Carol
  • The Collected Works of Oscar Wilde
  • Jane Austen: The Complete Works
  • Charlotte's Web and Other Illustrated Classics
  • Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels
  • A Pleasure to Burn: Fahrenheit 451 Stories
  • The Christmas Wish
  • Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Vanishing Victim (Trixie Belden, #33)
  • The Wyverns’ Treasure (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #3)
Robert Louis (Balfour) Stevenson was a Scottish novelist, poet, and travel writer, and a leading representative of English literature. He was greatly admired by many authors, including Jorge Luis Borges, Ernest Hemingway, Rudyard Kipling and Vladimir Nabokov.

Most modernist writers dismissed him, however, because he was popular and did not write within their narrow definition of literature. It is o
More about Robert Louis Stevenson...