Start by marking “L'omino verde” as Want to Read:
L'omino verde

L'omino verde

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Barney ha trent'anni, è divorziato e padre di un bambino autistico. Curiosando nella sua soffitta, tra i giocatori e le macchinine della sua infanzia, ritrova una statuetta di giada, l'omino verde, dall'altissimo valore economico e affettivo. Sarà proprio quella statuetta che riunirà i vecchi amici, quelli con cui è cresciuto. Una volta ritrovati, inizia un gioco che premi ...more
Paperback, Narratori della Fenice, 294 pages
Published February 14th 2003 by Guanda (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about L'omino verde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'omino verde

Dark Lord
Ok until the awful, awful, lame ending. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to waste the several hours I spent on it.
Ian Mapp
This book has sat on my shelf for a staggering length of time. I have subsquently seen the author, in his poetic guise, on the Book Show on Sky Arts.

This is very good blokish book, that is better than the premise - 70's nostalgia gone man. Its a bit of a cliche used by poor stand up comedians to list loads of discontinued 70s sweets for a cheap laugh. Armitage uses this exact plot, although there is a far more sinister undercurrent at play here - the broken promise of adulthood.

Barney is a 30 so
I read this book about 2 years ago when I was doing my GCSE's as we had to study an anthology of poetry and there were several by Simon Armitage. I thought they were witty and something that a typical 15 year old could understand without reaching for the neares dictionary. In other words it was in language that was understandable. I even went to see him at this poet fest and that was very good too. Anyway, I thought this book was very interesting. I would not have guessed the outcome, I had an i ...more
Tanya Tanya Tanya!
If it wasn't by Simon Armitage I would have thought more highly of this book. Is that a bad thing to say?

All of his poetry that I have read so far has floored me, and I guess that I was expecting a certain degree of that amazement.

It was a good book - a story that kept me hooked with interesting turns, real characters and good character development. It reminded me in many ways of a Nick Hornby novel.

But I hold Armitage on such a pedestal - and this book just wasn't up there with him.

A hard, harsh read showing that sometimes the past is best left there, this is compelling novel that drags you forward even though it's hard to have any sympathy - or even empathy - with the characters. Richly written, this is highly recommended.
Un bel libro, ben scritto, appassionante e scorrevole, ma mi aspettavo di più. Forse semplicemente speravo che la vicenda andasse a finire in un modo diverso.
Maria is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2015
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Helena MacCormack
Helena MacCormack marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Janice marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Melody marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Nicola marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Galia marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Angela added it
Feb 05, 2015
  • It's a Kind of Magic
  • Mahalia
  • Little Me: The Intimate Memoirs of that Great Star of Stage, Screen and Television/Belle Poitrine/as told to
  • This Is Your Life
  • The Mersey Sound
  • Trucicielka
  • Honour Thy Father
  • Dart
Simon Armitage, whose The Shout was a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award, has published ten volumes of poetry and has received numerous honors for his work. He lives in England.

Armitage's poetry collections include Book of Matches (1993) and The Dead Sea Poems (1995). He has written two novels, Little Green Man (2001) and The White Stuff (2004), as well as All Points North (1998),
More about Simon Armitage...