Start by marking “You Are Mine (Wemmicksville, #2)” as Want to Read:
You Are Mine (Wemmicksville, #2)

You Are Mine (Wemmicksville, #2)

4.51  ·  Rating Details ·  3,411 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
Finally, the citizens of Wemmicksville are saying that Punchinello is a good Wemmick! He's always wanted to hear that. But in his effort to please the crowd, Punchinello forgets what his maker Eli has taught him. So when others start collecting boxes and balls, Punchinello decides he wants to have some too. They make him feel so good–until he remembers how his arms ache fr ...more
Published July 18th 2001 by Crossway

To ask other readers questions about You Are Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Mine

fatemeh  motahari
توصیه میکنم برای دبستانیها و راهنماییها بخونید حتما
کلا این مجموعه ومی کی ها مجموعه قشنگیه
Chloey Jones
Sep 05, 2014 Chloey Jones rated it really liked it
The town full of Wemicks, people crated by the woodsman, was a happy town until two Wemicks tried to outdo each other with how much they owned. To them the most luxurious items were boxes and balls and were constantly buying more and more; for the best Wimick's had the most boxes and balls. Not wanting to be a "not-so good Wimick", a small Wimick named Punchinello sold every thing he owned to be the best Wimick around with the biggest and best boxes and balls. Then one morning the best Wimicks ...more
Emily
Jan 24, 2015 Emily rated it it was amazing
Max Lucado is such a wonderful author! I really enjoy all of his books, but especially those written for children. In this book, Punchinello and the Wemmicks are again seen chasing after things that they don't need and actually make their lives more complicated. When one of Punchinello's friends buys a box and then a ball, everyone in the town thinks they too need boxes and balls. They keep buying more and more to keep up with each other. Soon Punchinello is out of a house. He finally finds hims ...more
Victoria Salzmann
Sep 18, 2013 Victoria Salzmann rated it liked it
Shelves: eng216, picture-books
This is a well written picture book especially for children from ages 4 to eight who struggle with insecurities and the pressures of fitting in. This book teaches children that being who you are is much more fun than being the person who others want you to be. They uncover this theme by having Punchinello's friend become one of the cool kids, but as a result she has to stop being friends with Punchinello because he is not "special". She eventually decides to be her own person and hang out with t ...more
Apr 24, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Punchinello is troubled when a new fad spreads across the little town of the Wemmicks. It seems you are not a good Wemmick unless you have lots of boxes and balls, but Punchinello doesn't have a lot of money, and he needs to buy more boxes and balls so that he will be held in high esteem.

This is a sweet little story that Max Lucado tells with a wise and knowing heart. Making the lesson something that even little children could understand, I enjoyed this book and would recommend it.

*Taken from my
Emma
This book has a very sweet message and is a good reminder of what really matters in life. In a world where everyone seems to be competing to have the biggest and the best, this book shows that material things are not what bring happiness. It can be exhausting trying to keep up with that mentality! We need to trust in our maker (Heavenly Father) to know what is best for us. It is in doing what He wants us to do, that we find true and everlasting happiness.A great message for readers of all ages!
Elaine
Nov 16, 2013 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Great story for kids about how chasing after material things just isn't worth it, especially when time, money, happiness and relationships are sacrificed in pursuit of more and more things. The Wemmicks get all carried away buying lots of balls and boxes, which have become status symbols for this little village. I thought it was funny that after we read this, T said to me, "But I really like collecting bouncy balls! They're so fun!" Guess making the abstract connection about what the balls and b ...more
Kaylin
Oct 19, 2011 Kaylin rated it it was amazing
This book has such a good lesson. It tells you that everyone is special- not just your best friend or your worst enemy. This book tells you that yeah you are valuable. Even through it is for younger children this book will really show anybody to look around you to see all the different. Just because your tall doesn't mean your better than everyone who is shorter than you. I'm sure everyone's heard of the saying," You can always make a difference."
Stacy
Aug 30, 2016 Stacy rated it really liked it
Ellen Allerton
Oct 19, 2014 Ellen Allerton rated it it was amazing

An excellent book for 3rd grade and up. It illustrates the consequences of selfishness and materialism through a very good story ending with the main character understanding that he lost happienss and his ture self by hording material things and that his maker forgave him and loved him for who he is not, what he has. God is never mentioned by name but but the maker can be seen as God or a higher power or not so it has wide appeal.
Evelyn
Aug 07, 2015 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
I liked how punchanellio made a house out of his balls and boxes
when I saw the wimmicks climing the mountain with their balls and boxes I reminded me of the Spartan race the sand bag carry
I like the books when It all starts with a person and then everybody else joins in. in this it started with tuck
Crysta Xue
Oct 27, 2014 Crysta Xue rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Loved this one just as much as "You are special." by the same author. However I particularly love that this one focuses on materialism and comparison to others based on that. I think that is a big hindrance to many in the world today, so it is nice to have a book that helps take that negative impact down a notch. I would feel safe using this in a classroom.
Heidi-Marie
This was given to me by my roommate on my 19th birthday. I hadn't known there was a sequel. I liked the book as well as the first. But it was not until I looked further into this book that I came upon so many deeper meanings, not just the obvious symbolism. It is a testimony builder and a mood-lifter for me. I wrote a paper on this book for English 314 and really enjoyed writing it.
Kacey Kendrick Wagner
Dec 27, 2010 Kacey Kendrick Wagner rated it really liked it
My husband gave me this book for Christmas as well. I didn't love it as much as "You Are Special," but this sequel is still a great book. The wooden people of Wemmicksville become obsessed with collection boxes and balls. Flaunting their collections of toys becomes more important than anything else. This book is a great reminder that your possessions are not who you are.
Dannica Zulestin
Aug 16, 2014 Dannica Zulestin rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Pretty much any age
The story is adorable, about dolls and dollmakers, and how people label each other. And how you can't let these labels matter to you.
That said, this is a story with a moral, and it sure isn't subtle. So if you feel like reading a cute feel-good fable, head right on, but if you're looking for something that doesn't outright state the moral or is a little less blatant, look elsewhere.
Videoclimber(AKA)MTsLilSis
Teaches a great lesson about how material things do not provide happiness. I know a lot of people who should read this. Max Lucado has such a great ability to reach into the heart and soul. Recommended for all ages.
Audrey
Mar 26, 2014 Audrey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march
This book was adorable. I am a Max Lucado fan, and this book did not disappoint. It had a good message about material goods and how we sometimes sacrifice important things to look good to others. It was thought-provoking to me.
Madison
Feb 12, 2015 Madison rated it it was amazing
I have always really loved this book. The connection between Eli and his little wooden people to our Creator and us is magnificent. We don't need to do things to make ourselves look good in the world, because we were created special by our loving Heavenly Father.
Anna
This story is a lot about competition and trying to be better than other people. Also it hits on coveting other peoples material things. It also tries to break the stereotype that people with little are not as good or important as people with a lot.
Charles Perkins
Apr 01, 2014 Charles Perkins rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march
I really liked the message from all of Max Lucado's books. I disagree with the idea that you can use these in a general education classroom due to the OBVIOUS God reference included in each of these books. However these would be a good choice for a home library.
Shelley
Jan 05, 2015 Shelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: character, age-4
I didn't think I'd like this at first because it reminds me of his "Green Nose" book and I didn't think there needed to be two similar books. But, it ended nicely and well said. So Overall I liked it...but not as much as his "You are special" book.
Lluvia Almanza
Sep 19, 2014 Lluvia Almanza rated it really liked it
The Wemeck's want to own as many balls and boxes as they can so that they can be the best Wemeck in town. A Wemeck named Punchinello sells everything he owns so he can buy all the boxes and balls he can. He learns a valuable lesson after speaking with the Wemecks' creator.
Christian Singer
Apr 12, 2013 Christian Singer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sometimes I need a reminder so I reread this. I love how Max Lucado packed a meaningful message into a kid's story. I highly recommend this book for readers of all ages. It's a message we can all benefit from.
Kristy
Jul 10, 2010 Kristy rated it it was amazing
Wemmicksville is awesome. :P ...this is a remarkable series that I highly recommend. Not even just for kids either; adults can learn from this as well. In this one, the Maker helps Punchinello to see that having more stuff is not going to make him happy and will in fact lead to unhappiness.
Angie
Oct 20, 2012 Angie rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful story about the love of a parent
Jonelle Tiffany Boulter
I love his children's books. So beautifully told.
Jan Sprinkle
Aug 14, 2012 Jan Sprinkle rated it it was amazing
Great book to enjoy with your kids!
Sascha
Nov 29, 2012 Sascha rated it it was amazing
Beautiful messages in an easy format for kids to understand - wonderfully illustrated.
Heather
Jan 20, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Another great lesson presented within a story children love.
Dale Offret
Jun 18, 2014 Dale Offret rated it it was amazing
A light heart story turns into a narration of interest. Some personal and moral issues are discussed here. I think youngsters will self-esteem issues should read this.
  • Daughter of a King
  • I Believe in Santa Claus
  • Franklin's Secret Club
  • The Dance
  • Just Plain Fancy
  • Forgotten Carols: A Christmas Story & Songbook (Book Only)
  • Our Latter-Day Hymns: The Stories and the Messages
  • Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect
  • Elbert's Bad Word
With more than 125 million products in print and several NYT bestsellers, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy. His next book is publishing September 2017 and is titled Anxious for Nothing.

More about Max Lucado...