Busy in the Garden

Busy in the Garden

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Amazing Snakes! is the fifth title in an award–winning series of I Can Read Books that features photographs from the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), one of the world's most esteemed wildlife conservation organizations. The exceptional writing and design of the I Can Read Books–paired with WCS's global research and conservation efforts, educational programs, and stunni...more
Published February 28th 2006 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Busy in the Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Busy in the Garden

Esther Barajikian
"Busy in the Garden" is a collection of poems and riddles about planting, growing, dancing, and playing in the garden. Its whimsical illustrations and simple language make it very appealing to primary readers. The collection describes the many actions that accompany gardening - digging, planting, bending, picking, plucking, and tossing to name just a few.

Its light-hearted approach to the joys of gardening take me back to my childhood when I spent time each spring and summer working side by side...more
Fibersian
The poems in this book are centered around what a little one might notice in the garden. Illustrations that appeal to the very young. Lyrical language with rhythm and some rhyme. Individual poems can be read as opposed to the entire book so the reader can honor the shorter attention span for the young child. Many of the rhymes are conducive to acting out so attention can be maintained. THis also helps with vocabulary.
Amy
Feb 28, 2008 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All
Clever poems about gardening. I learned that you can grow Jack-o-lanterns by planting birthday candles with your pumpkin seeds. I particularly like the poem "Hoe Down." All put their work hoes down to have a little fun, except the scarecrow (what a stuffed shirt).
Angela
Great poems and riddles about spring time and gardening. I would use this book to tie into a unit about those topics.
Shaley Dunn
A book full of poetry. Nice colorful pictures and every poem relates to the garden or outside.
Sherry
Great poetry about the garden for pre-K through 1st grade!
Ellen
Includes wonderful riddles to stump the kids with
Melanie
Cute book of poems about gardening.
Rebecca
Darling artwork. Fun poems and riddles.
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Jennifer Andrew
Jennifer Andrew marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Erin
Erin added it
Jun 25, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
h
h marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Andd Becker
Andd Becker marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Aqueous
Aqueous marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Judy Carter
Judy Carter marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Derucie
Derucie marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
Rana
Rana marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2012
Kathleen Maple
Kathleen Maple marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Rabbit's Gift White Is for Blueberry Who Put the Cookies in the Cookie Jar? Tomorrow's Alphabet A Very Witchy Spelling Bee