Start by marking “Beauty's Curse: Book Two in the Boadicea Series” as Want to Read:
Beauty's Curse: Book Two in the Boadicea Series

Beauty's Curse: Book Two in the Boadicea Series (Boadicea #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In this reversal of the Sleeping Beauty story, gorgeous Galiana Montehue—resisting her family's efforts at arranged marriage—scorns all her suitors and finds true love only after she awakens an injured knight from a deep sleep.

As the novel begins, Galiana has come to view her beauty as a curse, and she fears for her future. Wishing for an adventure, just one, before she is
Published November 1st 2009 by Medallion Press (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty's Curse

Emily
I tore through this book in a day and, when I wasn't reading it, wished I was, and yet, at the end of it all I confess myself disappointed.

The setting for the story is good; Galiana is a likeable enough heroine and her situation puts a classic twist on the standard "plain sister meets a guy who loves her sparkling personality" story element. At the beginning of the book, Galiana would pay someone to notice her sparkling personality; all any dude can seem to grasp is that Galiana is a hottie. As
Dawn
Beauty with no powers, Handsome spy with no sight, Only together they find the stone.
Paranormal Romance
After hitting the hero in the back of the head with a rock to save her brother, the heroine finds herself and her home under siege from the hero and his knights. He's been sent by the prince to gain her hand in marriage but he's only one of three so he must marry her quick. Despite this, he finds himself engaged in a battle of wills with his would be bride. She's rational, mannerly but possesses a stubborn streak and a quiet willfulness. I did find myself frustrated with just how calm and compla ...more
Jessica
I think I am liking this series more as I get into it. The story was still a little familiar. Maybe they base it off something and I just missing it but I am enjoying it anyway.
Stephanie
Three chapters into the book I got disgusted with all the vulgar language and the ogling. Couldn't finish.
Shannon
Meh. I had a hard time believing that a supposedly strong, bright woman would instantaneously become weak-kneed over the dude that is occupying her castle and imprisoning its occupants. Seriously. And didn't Hall use the "getting married by orders of so-and-so" in the first book in this series.

I'll pass, thanks.
Annette
I liked Galiana, Rourke and the visions of Merlin. I feel the whole 'fainting' bit over done.
It held my attention enough that I'll check the library and see if they happen to have another in the series.
Stacy
I really enjoyed this book. It is nice to have a strong woman character that is not dependent on the man to get the job done! Looking forward to reading the next.
Christen
It kinda failed on the more lurid points (they seemed out of place and unnecessary), but the story was entertaining and I liked the characters well enough.
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
D.A
D.A added it
Apr 18, 2015
Sherry Hoernig
Sherry Hoernig marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Beth
Beth added it
Feb 19, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Natalie Gaba
Natalie Gaba marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
India O'brien
India O'brien marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Traci Hall
Nov 13, 2014 Traci Hall rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
My name is Traci Hall and I love to write...sounds like the beginning step of a program!However, I am not sorry that I love to write, so I guess I'm in it for the long haul. Finger cramps, slumped back and numb feet from sitting all day aside, there is nothing I would rather do than tell stories. Hearing back from readers makes it all worth while.
Cool stuff to know: I've been interviewed on radio
More about Traci E. Hall...

Boadicea (3 books)
  • Love's Magic (Boadicea, #1)
  • Boadicea's Legacy (Boadicea, #3)
Love's Magic (Boadicea, #1) Her Wiccan, Wiccan Ways (Rhiannon Godfrey, #1) The Queen's Guard: Violet (The Queen's Guard, #1) Something Wiccan This Way Comes (Rhiannon Godfrey, #2) Wiccan Cool (Rhiannon Godfrey, #3)