Start by marking “Beauty's Curse (Boadicea #2)” as Want to Read:
Beauty's Curse (Boadicea #2)

Beauty's Curse (Boadicea #2)

In this reversal of the Sleeping Beauty story, gorgeous Galiana Montehue—resisting her family's efforts at arranged marriage—scorns all her suitors and finds true love only after she awakens an injured knight from a deep sleep.

As the novel begins, Galiana has come to view her beauty as a curse, and she fears for her future. Wishing for an adventure, just one, before she is
Published November 1st 2009 by Medallion Press (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty's Curse

Emily
Oct 31, 2009 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-books
I tore through this book in a day and, when I wasn't reading it, wished I was, and yet, at the end of it all I confess myself disappointed.

The setting for the story is good; Galiana is a likeable enough heroine and her situation puts a classic twist on the standard "plain sister meets a guy who loves her sparkling personality" story element. At the beginning of the book, Galiana would pay someone to notice her sparkling personality; all any dude can seem to grasp is that Galiana is a hottie. As
Paranormal Romance
After hitting the hero in the back of the head with a rock to save her brother, the heroine finds herself and her home under siege from the hero and his knights. He's been sent by the prince to gain her hand in marriage but he's only one of three so he must marry her quick. Despite this, he finds himself engaged in a battle of wills with his would be bride. She's rational, mannerly but possesses a stubborn streak and a quiet willfulness. I did find myself frustrated with just how calm and compla ...more
Dawn
Mar 01, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Beauty with no powers, Handsome spy with no sight, Only together they find the stone.
Shannon
Meh. I had a hard time believing that a supposedly strong, bright woman would instantaneously become weak-kneed over the dude that is occupying her castle and imprisoning its occupants. Seriously. And didn't Hall use the "getting married by orders of so-and-so" in the first book in this series.

I'll pass, thanks.
Annette
Nov 13, 2012 Annette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 1100s
I liked Galiana, Rourke and the visions of Merlin. I feel the whole 'fainting' bit over done.
It held my attention enough that I'll check the library and see if they happen to have another in the series.
Shiloh Mccollum
It had potential that never went anywhere. I kept reading because I thought something might happen and because it was an easy binge. Disappointing overall though. May be a great book for a tween or teenager, less so for me.
Christen
It kinda failed on the more lurid points (they seemed out of place and unnecessary), but the story was entertaining and I liked the characters well enough.
Jessica
I think I am liking this series more as I get into it. The story was still a little familiar. Maybe they base it off something and I just missing it but I am enjoying it anyway.
Stacy
Apr 09, 2012 Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It is nice to have a strong woman character that is not dependent on the man to get the job done! Looking forward to reading the next.
Stephanie
Jun 14, 2014 Stephanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Three chapters into the book I got disgusted with all the vulgar language and the ogling. Couldn't finish.
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2011
Delle Hall
Delle Hall rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2012
Yona
Yona rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2014
A Full Bookshelf
A Full Bookshelf rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2015
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2013
Chloe40
Chloe40 rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2011
Natalia Aoude
Natalia Aoude rated it did not like it
Apr 20, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2011
J. Yong
J. Yong rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2011
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Tegan
Tegan rated it really liked it
May 02, 2011
colin lynch
colin lynch rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Siobhan
Siobhan rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2013
Natalie Hayden
Natalie Hayden rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Loretta
Loretta rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2010
Ella King
Ella King rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Brianna
Brianna rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Becoming Miss Becky (Gardiner, Texas #2)
  • Sunrise Over Texas
  • My Shadow Warrior (MacDonell Brides, #3)
  • The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel, #2)
  • Siren
  • Rhiana (Changelings, #3)
  • Draconus
  • Other Oceans (Hook and Jill Saga, #2)
  • Someone Like You (Night Riders, #4)
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Raven's Heart: A Tale from the World of Secramore
  • Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)
  • The Haunting (Immortals, #7)
  • My Lord Raven (The Ravensmoor Saga #1)
  • Rumpel
  • Temple of Indra's Jewel (Time-Traveling Bibliophile #1)
  • A Faerie Fated Forever (Forever, #1)
  • A Reason to Live (Forrester Brothers, #1)
My name is Traci Hall and I love to write...sounds like the beginning step of a program!However, I am not sorry that I love to write, so I guess I'm in it for the long haul. Finger cramps, slumped back and numb feet from sitting all day aside, there is nothing I would rather do than tell stories. Hearing back from readers makes it all worth while.
Cool stuff to know: I've been interviewed on radio
More about Traci E. Hall...

Boadicea (3 books)
  • Love's Magic (Boadicea, #1)
  • Boadicea's Legacy (Boadicea, #3)