Start by marking “A Lesson in Patience (Lesson #3)” as Want to Read:
A Lesson in Patience (Lesson #3)

A Lesson in Patience (Lesson #3)

Book #3 of the Lesson Series They say that third times a charm, but that couldn't be further from the truth for Ginny. In her latest adventure as a modern day woman trapped inside the body of a romance novel heroine, she finds herself in the late 19th century, on the frontier of America. In this body, Ginny has no memories from her heroine, forcing her to think on her feet ...more
Published September 8th 2010 by J Connors Publishing (first published August 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Lesson in Patience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lesson in Patience

Karen (Kew)
This is the third novel in the enjoyable "lesson" series. I found this novel a little deeper and more thoughtful than the first two A Lesson in Passion (Lesson Series) and A Lesson in Forgiveness (Lesson Series). In the first novel Ginny is involved in a road accident and wakes up to find herself caught up in the world of the romance novel. In each novel she is a different character in a different genre. In real life Ginny is no romantic heroine so she makes many mistakes which "mess up" the sto ...more
Aisyah
Jan 25, 2011 Aisyah rated it really liked it
This was my best of the series. They soo belong together, ginny and Cole. It was sad when she had to leave. Even sadder when ginny left Ian.
Melinda
Dec 14, 2011 Melinda rated it really liked it
MK
May 04, 2013 MK rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f, time-travel
This book also tested my patience, especially to Colby, which acted like a real jerk almost half the book. The story is more than halfway when the he realizes his mistakes and falls in love with Ginny. I'm sorry that Ginny really falls in love this time and almost forget fantasy to reality. And will have to leave when all is done.

There is only one sex scene at this story that makes me not content with it. This book is concerned more with the emotional aspect of a story, on relationships and fam
Jane Geltzer
Oct 07, 2013 Jane Geltzer rated it it was amazing
This book in the series was one of my favorites. It was more than a romantic novel as it dealt with themes not abundant in the other lessons. Educational theories are explored as well as bigotry take up a great deal of Ginny's new life. I loved watching Colby's personality change as he falls for his new wife. The twist of Ginny's amnesia and her memory returning was just a final plot line that added to my enjoyment.
Julie
A profound romance. An odd description to apply to a romance, but one that is oddly accurate. Ms. Connors continues to create remarkable worlds for her stunningly heroic heroine. Truly touching lessons within every story. I was really torn at the end of this story knowing it had to end, and wanting this ending since it is what has to happen in order to begin the next story, but craving that this would be the "real" and final happily ever after for this worthy heroine.
Jessica Wertz
Jun 21, 2013 Jessica Wertz rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this series! I loved how much history was wrapped up into each book. They are easy reads and I found myself laughing quite a lot!! Great story lines and I can't wait till the next book comes out!
Missy Winegarner
May 28, 2016 Missy Winegarner rated it it was amazing
Great Book!! Book 3 or 9. This time Ginny had more patience then I did with her hero, Colby. There were few times in the book I would have kids Colby's butt!!
Kelly
Mar 26, 2014 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this

This series is so good. I couldn't put it down.

This is the third book in the Lesson Series. You should read the others first. It does reference them.

Worth it!
 Mummy Cat Claire
This book wasn't my favorite so far in the lesson series by Connors. I just couldn't connect with Colby. I liked Ginny and the other characters but the story just was okay for me.
autumn jones
autumn jones rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2011
Sareena
Sareena rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Jackie Ball
Jackie Ball rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2016
Katrina
Katrina rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2015
shannon Whelan
shannon Whelan rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
miss s l trillow
miss s l trillow rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2017
Deloress June
Deloress June rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Antoinette
Antoinette rated it really liked it
May 30, 2011
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2011
Margaret (Margot)
Margaret (Margot) rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2012
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
May 12, 2012
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Shelly Hasselbring
Shelly Hasselbring rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Sally-Adrina
Sally-Adrina rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Amy Wheaton
Amy Wheaton rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
  • A Civilized Mating (ALPHAS #5)
  • Freedom (Delroi Prophecy, #1)
  • My Heart's in the Highlands
  • The Power Of Three  (Triad, #1)
  • Dancing In The Athenian Rain
  • Alien General's Chosen (Brion Brides, #4)
  • The Sea King
  • Tricked (Demon's Mark, #2)
  • Taken (The Vampire's Concubine, #2)
  • Sixpence Bride
  • A Moment In Time
  • The Pirate Bride (Viking I, #11)
  • Wishing For a Highlander (Highland Wishes #1)
  • Untouchable Lover (Worlds of Lemuria: Earth Colony, #1)
  • The Bride of Willow Creek
  • 3013: Renegade (3013, #2)
  • Midnight Captive (Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles, #2)
  • Mated (The Sandaki, #1)
I started writing fiction at the age of 12 for my friends. Of course, in those days, I was the heroine, saving dashing rock stars from their ruin. Now, somewhat older, hopefully wiser, I decided to finally put down my ideas on paper and write about a heroine not unlike myself (personality wise, certainly not realistically).

After finding my own soulmate (which is just another word for the only man
More about Jennifer Connors...

Lesson (6 books)
  • A Lesson in Passion (Lesson, #1)
  • A Lesson in Forgiveness (Lesson #2)
  • A Lesson in Friendship (Lesson Series, #4)
  • A Lesson in Presumption (Lesson #5)
  • A Lesson in Trust (Lesson, #6)