Start by marking “Everything Is Going to Be OK” as Want to Read:
Everything Is Going to Be OK

Everything Is Going to Be OK

A little inspiration goes a long way. It's the end of the naughties, and things are starting to look up: cropping up everywhere are messages of sincerity, optimism, and hope, and the good cheer has spread to the world of art and design. This pocket-sized volume is filled with artwork bearing mottos of encouragement and affirmation. Featuring work from a diverse roster of i ...more
Published March 9th 2011 by Chronicle Books (first published February 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Everything Is Going to Be OK, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything Is Going to Be OK

Inge
Apr 07, 2015 Inge rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A nice little booklet with reassuring quotes, such as "You're exactly where you need to be", joined by artsy drawings and photographs. Definitely worth looking at for when you need an extra kick in the butt.
Annina
Jun 03, 2012 Annina rated it liked it
Wasn't really what I expected -- I certainly did not expect to see so many blank pages and spots (I mean what a waste!) -- but the pictures were nice. Tumblr, however, offers loads and loads of better, more inspiring pictures every single day, for free - so I kind of feel like this was a waste of money. I've seen it all. But (!) since the book has so many blank spots, I might as well make the book worth the money I spent and fill the pages with my own things. Because the thing is, this book will ...more
Julia Brumfield
This was an interesting book that I came upon through my sister and one that I couldn't quite figure out how it would turn out to be. Would it be an inspirational picture book or was it a self-help type that would tell you how many times to repeat a mantra to yourself in the mirror in the morning, meditate before lunch, etc. Instead it turned out to be a bit of its own book that stands in the middle of both ranges.

The book's creativity range as a story captured my eyes first. Basically all the
Krista
May 11, 2012 Krista rated it it was amazing
A sweet little book of artistic messages about life and living. Kate gave it to me for Christmas. It sits on my nightstand next to "All My Friends Are Dead." Together these two books can't manage almost any day. This one is great for little pick-me-ups and reminding what life is all about. I think my favorite page is 18 - "The Journey is the Destination." Also amazing, page 49.
Michelle Cano
Nov 01, 2015 Michelle Cano rated it did not like it
1.5
Weatherly
Aug 01, 2015 Weatherly rated it did not like it
This is basically like scrolling through the 'inspiration' tag of Tumblr or Pinterest, not really what I was expecting, also glad I got it for free on Scribd rather than on Kindle? It's just a collection of motivating/'inspiring' pictures and quotes and things.
Not sure I'm the target audience, as I'm an avid Tumblr/Pinterest user and also I am not one to turn to mush over inspirational short quotes that could be made into bumper stickers. Not sure whether to even count this in my 'books read' b
Jane
Sep 01, 2015 Jane rated it it was amazing
A great little book of thoughts and quotes. I opened it and immediately found quotes that brought my Mum and a died-too-soon friend to mind. And then a picture of a place I've been to with R. And the a thought that means the same as a phrase a super-supportive new friend has started to use. In short, reassures me that maybe, just maybe "everything *is* going to be ok"
Rebecca
A small volume of positive messages as interpreted by different artists, this is a perfect little gift book. PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives fans would enjoy the format, and I think this would be a fun teen program idea.
Thita
Jun 14, 2016 Thita rated it really liked it
It's the type of book you need to read when you're having bad day and/or reading slump and/or need a bit boost. Full of inspirational quotes and pretty pictures (which I know can be found in Tumblr, but sometimes you just need a pretty book with them), it's an instant read that will bring a smile to your face.
Christina
Jan 20, 2015 Christina rated it did not like it
Shelves: artsy
This book is stupid. It is basically a badly curated Pinterest board. The art quality is uneven and the words are all cliche and it feels like freshman art students trying to be hip. This book is a shameless money grab. Nope.
Samantha
Feb 16, 2015 Samantha rated it liked it
Have you ever had a bad day? A day where nothing is going right, and you feel horrible and upset and you just want to stay in bed. This little tiny book is perfect for one of those days. Filled with photography, typography and gorgeous artwork.
Melissa
Jan 02, 2015 Melissa rated it it was ok
I wanted this book for it's pretty cover and expected things to be equally sweet inside. Lackluster artwork, wasted space, overused quotes. Unfortunately this was less appealing than scrolling through a random tumblr account, but it looks cute on the shelf...
Annie.
May 23, 2013 Annie. rated it it was amazing
WHAT A WONDERFUL BOOK! omg, it's so inspiring, it's the cutest book I have, it has a lot of pictures, they are all beautiful, I love this book. ♥
Omeima
Oct 18, 2015 Omeima rated it it was ok
It was more a collection of inspirational quotes than a self help book.
Some had really good advice, but it was not what I expected
Camilla
3.5 stars! // Cute. I liked some of the art better than the others, but all in all this is a pretty little book to just look through.
Whitney
Aug 14, 2015 Whitney rated it it was amazing
A wonderful little book of pictures and inspiring quotes that my good friend Amanda Townsend gave me several years ago.
Nicole Abijero
Nicole Abijero rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2015
Eva
Eva rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2012
Allie Lefevere
Allie Lefevere rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Lindsay McCarty
Lindsay McCarty rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016
Hope Trent
Hope Trent rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
Anandi
Mar 30, 2012 Anandi rated it it was ok
Cute, but could have been a lot better designed and laid out.
Edison Mscl
Edison Mscl rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2013
Katelynn
Katelynn rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2016
Ley Ann
Ley Ann rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Selkie
Mar 31, 2015 Selkie rated it it was amazing
A lovely little book with short inspirational sayings to brighten your day.
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Mary Alexandra
Jun 23, 2014 Mary Alexandra rated it it was ok
Not super comforting or inspirational.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • My Future Listography: All I Hope to Do in Lists
  • One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
  • 1,033 Reasons to Smile
  • 8,789 Words of Wisdom
  • Visual Storytelling: Inspiring a New Visual Language
  • An Optimist's Tour of the Future: One Curious Man Sets Out to Answer "What's Next?"
  • The Happy Book: A Journal to Celebrate What Makes You Happy
  • Etcetera: Creating beautiful interiors with the things you love
  • Unstuck: 52 Ways To Get (And Keep) Your Creativity Flowing At Hom
  • I Hate Everything
  • List Your Self: Listmaking as the Way to Self-Discovery
  • The Non-Planner Datebook
  • To-Do List: From Buying Milk to Finding a Soul Mate, What Our Lists Reveal About Us
  • Creative Walls: How to display and enjoy your treasured collections