Start by marking “Lookin' For Luv” as Want to Read:
Lookin' For Luv

Lookin' For Luv

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  1,127 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Kevin left behind a chance at the NBA to coach delinquents, but his toughest assignment is find a girl who won't make his mama's church group fall into praying mode. A teacher and a poet, Antoine can make a sister feel beautiful or want to beat him with a blow dryer. tyrone has talent, a bad attitude, and a crush on his boss's wife. And Maurice is all that, if that means r ...more
Published (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Lookin' For Luv, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lookin' For Luv

Kierra J.
Jun 08, 2009 Kierra J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to read a book that's not too serious but has some serious topics addressed in it.
The book begins a little slow, but once you get started and have all of the characters in order, it's pretty good. I re-read this book for the second time and an understand better since I'm a little older. I can see this book as one of those movies like "The Wood", "Baby Boy" or even "Why Did I Get Married". The story has so many surprises in it; once you think you have it all figured out, something else happens! I would recommend this to someone who just wants something not too serious (I even ...more
Jenny Tyler
Jan 18, 2013 Jenny Tyler is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I have just started reading 'Lookin for Luv' by Carl Weber. This is the story of 3 male best friends Kevin, Tyrone, and Antoine as well as their boss Maurice. Kevin has recently moved from Virginia to New York where he is a gym teacher, Antoine is an english teacher and Tyrone is a security guard. They all are great friends who come across a hotline 1-900-Black-Luv. Each of them are searching for something different when they call the hotline. Kevin is searching for real love, Antoine is searchi ...more
Addie
Sep 30, 2016 Addie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. Tons of drama! Nobody's perfect, but everyone is fun! Loved the ending and epilogue! Hehe.
Tally
Aug 02, 2013 Tally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before Reading: Aww yea it's Carl Weber I'm bout to tear this book up!

While Reading: I couldn't put the book down. I was so addicted!

After Reading: I absolutely love Carl's writing. He keeps you interested in the story throughout the book with just enough plot twists to get you hooked and not confused. I wish other writers did that with their books instead of rambling on about unnecessary scenes.

Kevin: Like Antoine said, You forget that Kevin is really 23 by how mature he is. I wish most 23 y.o
Tamara Evans
I was somewhat shocked when I found that this book was supposed to be for juveniles.After reading this book,I find it extremely hard to believe that this book was meant to be read by a younger audience.While I found it in the Adult Fiction section of the library I felt it was the correct place to be. Not only did it contain references about drug use, but also, it also had several sexual relationships in it.

The reason why I liked this book is because to how real it is.By this I mean that the cha
Vacirca Vaughn
Sep 07, 2010 Vacirca Vaughn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this older work by Mr. Weber. Three friends--Tyrone, Antoine, and Kevin--are all searching for a good woman. They end up calling one of those dating chat lines that were so popular in the nineties. As a result, they end up on a series of adventures (and mishaps) during their quest to hook up with the perfect woman.

I enjoyed the humorous dialogue. It was true to the NYC culture back then. I appreciated how the characters were all professional black men, but down-to-earth. The fe
Stephanie
Mar 10, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have read any of Weber's other novels, than you will notice how far his writing skills have come. It is quite evident that this was one of his first projects, and although this was a very interesting novel, it definitely wasn't one of his greatest.

As I may have mentioned before in one of my earlier reviews, Carl Weber is one of my favorite African American male authors. I don't think that there are many writers in that genre that can perfect such realistic situations and intrinsic charact
Wanda
Loved it like I knew I would! Every time I read a Carl Weber book, I know what to expect from it and I know the crazy will not disappoint. I hadn't read this one even though it was his first novel and I've been a fan for a while. He has really grown a lot with his writing comparing this to his current stuff.

For this book specifically, some surprises were predictable, some definitely were not. The situation with Denise was lazily wrapped up, but overall loved the ending. What ends up happening w
Angela
Carl Weber is Carl Weber...you hear his name and know that you have a good book in your hands. No matter what he writes about, keeps you interested from the first page to the end. And, even at the end you are still wanted more pages to read.
Heather
Jan 09, 2013 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, audio
For the most part, it was a good story... if you can get past the author's serious lack of sensitivity toward transsexuals and his disdain for interracial relationships. I, for one, am incensed by his attitude. This was my first and will be my last book by this author.
Carl Weber
Apr 25, 2011 Carl Weber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Follow me on Twitter. http://twitter.com/CarlWeber_UB

Connect with me on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carl-We...

Check out all my interviews and trailers on. http://www.youtube.com/UrbanBooks
Aisha Isis
Nov 16, 2015 Aisha Isis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the book started off real slow and i was tempted to stop reading. however, as soon as I reached the middle, it caught my interest so much that I couldn't put the book down and I'm supposed to be studying for my midterm tomorrow. I recommend it
Ann
Mar 31, 2016 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This was a smooth flowing, sometimes suspenseful, and sometimes humorous story about finding the right one and about getting what you deserve. I love the way love finds even those who don't think they want it. My first book by this writer. Not disappointed.
Sylvia
May 06, 2016 Sylvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Carl Weber did it again the characters are so genuine! The relationships are so easily relate-able. He is a very clever writer. The best thing about his stories so far are that they evoke emotion from me. Some anger, frustration, but mostly laughter. That is a sign of a great writer to me.
Jesca
May 29, 2010 Jesca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so surprised finding an interest for this book which main character is guys... Reading this book somewhat make me think that there are still guys out there who find ways to get their woman back, and guys who will actually change for their love one.
Paige
Apr 21, 2008 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an oldie but goodie that I have read multiple times. It centers around 4 men who work at the same high school and are (as the name states) looking for love. The story that follows includes plenty of drama but comedy too. Without a doubt this book is an easy read that you'll enjoy.
Shanae
Sep 26, 2012 Shanae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Giving this 4 stars when it really deserves like 3.5. It's an okay read, full of details and kinda slow at some points. It was a good audiobook, but in physical form, I probably wouldn't have finished it.
Vicci Divine
Good solid book by Carl Weber but the back of it certain hyped up the drama to the point of me expecting more adventures. Was surprised that the one who "played" the most was the emotionally unavailable one. Nice quick read!
Kat Dornelly
Jun 02, 2013 Kat Dornelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious, filled with unexpected twists. With this being my first Carl Weber book, I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Kadea
Aug 13, 2016 Kadea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. So much drama it became outlandish, but it kept me entertained from start to finish. Not the greatest book, but not so bad that I couldn't finish.
Monique
Oct 21, 2007 Monique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another good book. I liked Tyrone, he was so funny. He had a bad attitude, but in the end he changed and got to live his dream as a painter. Good read.
Corinne
I have this book, but read some time ago, but I am a fan of all of carl weber books, all of them are good.
Olivia
May 20, 2015 Olivia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written

I loved this book. I loved the development of all the characters. I can't wait to read the second part of the series.
keisha clemmons
Feb 08, 2015 keisha clemmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!!!!

I loved that the stories kept me guessing and sitting on the edge of my seat! I would deff recommend this book to everyone I know.
sharon
Mar 05, 2015 sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow with amazment

Carl Weber has done it again, just when u get comfortable with a good read a jaw dropping awe hit you. If you are a fan of C.W. then this is a must read book
Nardsbaby Reader
Looking for a real book

NOT AGAIN! Okay yes it was semi funny!!! But it was so soft and so predictable it was like an episode of The Jerry Springer show.
Ta
Jan 04, 2012 Ta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok story. A little long for me. It was an ok read. The villain was the most interesting character.
Felicia
Felicia rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
Fenae
Fenae rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2013
Angela Brighthop
Angela Brighthop rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2014
  • It's a Thin Line
  • Shoulda Woulda Coulda
  • Mama Dearest
  • Got to Be Real: Four Original Love Stories
  • He's Just a Friend (Soulmates Dissipate, #3)
  • A Do Right Man
  • She Had It Coming
  • Better Than I Know Myself
  • Married but Still Looking
  • Knockin' Boots
Carl Weber is a New York Times and #1 Essence bestselling novelist.

In addition to his writing, Weber is the founder and publisher of Urban Books and in 2005, he was named Blackboard's Publisher of the Year. He is the owner of the Urban Knowledge chain of book stores and a past recipient of Blackboard's Bookseller of the Year award.

Weber graduated from Virginia State University and holds an MBA in