Start by marking “Christmas with a Vampire” as Want to Read:

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  195 ratings  ·  27 reviews

Published December 1st 2010 by HQN (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas with a Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas with a Vampire

Merline Lovelace's A CHRISTMAS KISS was a solid little vampire novella. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing out of norm, just a straightforward little story of a Oklahoma Stat Trooper falling for a female vampire despite her strange lisp due to her recent trip to the dentist. ;)

Lori Devoti's THE VAMPIRE WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS was the strongest story of the bunch, still toward the end it slipped and didn't regain its balance. There was just something annoying about an "angel" trying to reform a vam
Ashley Gooding
Christmas with a Vampire

Description: ( Prepare for an exhilarating journey across the boundary of death into a shadowy, daring new world. As darkness falls on another year, five fanged rebels are ready to celebrate like never before.

It's a time for bloodlust and stolen kisses, for clandestine bites and forming new bonds beneath the mistletoe. Succumb to the forbidden as these powerful vampires give you a Christmas you'll never forget….

From My Point of View: Christmas with a Vampire is an
Jessica Uzzo
This rating is only for the vampire Who Stole Christmas. The plot of this short had quite a bit of potential but overall ended up being rather lackluster as a whole. The heroine is almost too much of a good thing...too good it comes off as a little annoying rather than super sweet. The hero is a basket case. He has tons of issues and is super broody but not in a hot way so much as im a sociopath and will kill my enemies kind of thing. The romance was rushed and underdeveloped and the sex scenes ...more
This is an anthology of five different stories by five different authors about vampires and love. Each one was different and each one was either good or bad.

A Christmas Kiss by Merline Lovelace was the first story in the collection. Overall it was an okay story, but it had some problems.
First of all, the characters were a bit unbelievable. I didn't feel connected to either of the main characters. Brett, the officer, seemed to be less of the rough and tough character I believe he was meant to be
I quite enjoyed 'A Christmas Kiss.' I thought it was sweet that they helped out the young family, though the ending was quite predictable. Delilah was a strong character and very entertaining. 'The Vampire Who Stole Christmas' didn't really interest me. There wasn't much of a story, and all the characters were self absorbed and dull. It also had nothing to do with Christmas... at all. Past of me wishes 'Sundown' was a full book. The plot was very solid, and the story had a lot of substance. I fo ...more
My thoughts:
This was a great read! I enjoyed each story very much. I found myself falling in love with the characters from the start of each new story. I kept thinking, "Oooh, this one is my favorite!" and then I would turn to the next one, fall in love with those characters and think that about that again.
I love vampire stories but had never read anything by any of these authors so I was excited to read "new to me" authors. (I am still trying to decide who I think is on the cover). Each short
In A Christmas Kiss, Delilah Wentworth never expected that an unfortunate fang-chipping accident would completely change her life. On the way to a mandatory meeting of her conclave, she finds herself lost and alone in Oklahoma,... until she meets Brett, a state trooper with baggage of his own. Neither one would have foreseen the changes that their chance meeting would mean for their lives.

The novel opened with humor after Brett comes upon Delilah, stumbling about the road in the snow, seemingly
Erin H
A series of fluff stories that are perfect to read if you are actually home on a cold winter night with absolutely nothing to do. The first couple of stories were fun, light reads that were both ridiculous and enjoyable. Merline Lovelace's story was by far the best, a little cheesy at times but the characters were fun to read about!
Wasn't too impressed with the writing in these stories. Half of the stories weren't really Christmas stories either, only mentitionning in passing that it was Christmas.
Not much to say about this one really. I didn't even finish it, to be honest - I found it was too much sex and not enough story. Just seemed like pointless smut to me.
Pretty ok short stories....something to pass the time while you have your ipod at work and down time but have to be discreet about it!!!!!!
festive based vampire sex stories, often featuring cops as well. yes I KNOW. Available at amazon, probably very cheaply now xmas is over ;)
I only read the Lori Devoti and Linda Winstead Jones story. They were ok, nothing spectacular, but entertaining.
This book is a reprint of Holiday with a Vampire 2 and 3. It was delightful, but I'd read it already. =\
Christmas Kiss- Merline Lovelace 9/6/2010

The Vampire who Stole Christmas- Lori Devoti
not normally some thing that i would read but i enjoyed it but not something i would read again
This was a fun group of short stories, just right for this time of year.
Really liked the one by Merline Lovelace, the rest were just ok.
Carol Weldon
Vanak story - vampire & werewolf, morphs, Adrian & Sarah.
I'm almost embarassed that I bought this.

Steamy collection of vampire love stories!!!
Lorraine Lesar
Not bad. A one off read for me
Sharre Jones
need to read!!!
brianna marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings / Fate Calls (The Calling #6.5)
  • Christmas Getaway
  • Jingle All The Way
  • Holiday with a Vampire III (Secret Vampire Society #2)
  • Winter's Desire
  • Holiday Hideout
  • These Boots Were Made for Strutting: And Stunning and Knocking 'em Dead
  • Lord of the Desert (Immortal Sheiks #1)
  • The Naughty List
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • Unwrapped
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Santa Baby
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After) (Harlequin Blaze #447)
  • The Bite Before Christmas
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)
After a 23-year AF career, Colonel Merline Lovelace launched a second career as a writer, basing many of her tales on her own experiences in uniform and on her travels all around the globe.

The USA Today best-selling author now has more than 11 million copies of her books in print. Her works have won numerous awards, including the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA. Merline is especially
More about Merline Lovelace...