Start by marking “Rodeo Queen” as Want to Read:
Rodeo Queen

Rodeo Queen (Kylie Jean)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Kylie Jean must learn tricks so she can be Rodeo Queen.
Published January 1st 2011 by Picture Window Books

To ask other readers questions about Rodeo Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rodeo Queen

Dena (Batch of Books)
This is the second Kylie Jean book that I have read with my daughter. I have to admit, that I am becoming more of a fan of these sweet little books with every page I turn.

I've never been one for hot pink covers because the stories are usually just fluff and rather pointless, but that is not the case with Kylie Jean. In Rodeo Queen, Kylie decides that she wants to compete in the rodeo but she has to learn a new skill in order to do so. Not everything comes easily to her, though. She tries steer r
Jacque Stengel
Kylie Jean is a second grader who wants to be the queen of all, and in the process learns a few things. Rodeo Queen is Kylie Jean's journey to become the queen of the rodeo by learning rodeo tricks. She has to figure out where her talents lie and how hard it is to work to try and succeed.
My Review
What made me smile:
The instant I saw the cover I got a smile on my face. She is an adorable eight year old. The book was written simply enough for a new chapter reader to read but had a few challenge w
Kate L
I cannot tell you just how much I loved this little book! Well actually, maybe this can give you a clue: I am very cheap/broke (aren't we all right now?) and after reading the digital copy from NetGalley I am going to head straight out to the book store today to get the print edition of this book and the rest of the series (reviews to come later) to give to my little nieces for birthdays and Christmas. I'll probably get a set for my daughter too, even though she is too young for the series :) Th ...more
Angie
Seriously. How cute is this? I am not one to go for the sparkly pink titles (though I know my students TOTALLY do!) and I still enjoyed this beginning chapter book.

Kylie Jean dreams of becoming a beauty queen. In this particular title she decides one way she will accomplish this goal is by participating in the rodeo. As a fellow Texan of course this automatically caught my attention.

I can't help it. I loved the line when she visits the library to get a book on rodeo rope tricks. The librarian s
Jessica
My daughter and I have never read any other Kylie Jean books before. Now I have a list of all the ones my daughter wants to read. She loved this one! I mean, what 6 year old girl wouldn't like a book with pink and glitter on the front right?

This was a great beginning chapter book. My 6 year old is an advanced reader so she was able to read this one very easily but she enjoyed every minute of it!

The story was a cute, fun story. Kylie Jean is sassy and funny and her dog has a great name...Ugly Br
Donna
Mymcbooks
Kylie Jean is a series of chapter books for girls. If your child loves reading Judy Moody or Ramona Quimby then these books will keep your child’s attention. Kylie Jean loves taking part in any competition going on in her school or in the community. The books also shows how close Kylie Jean is with her family especially her Ugly Brother the dog…and don’t go telling him he’s a dog…lol!

I love that Marci Peschke tackled bullying in the Drama Queen book and showing Kylie Jean’s kind and thoughtful s
Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)
I'm reviewing this for NetGalley.

Rodeo Queen is one of the books about Kylie Jean, a young girl who aspires to be a beauty queen. Kylie Jean goes to a cowboy parade with her family. This parade is a kick start to the Wild West Rodeo that will happen later. Kylie Jean dreams about becoming the rodeo queen of the Wild West Rodeo. She decides she is going to participate in the rodeo so she will be named rodeo queen. Kylie Jean tries several things. Will she be good enough to be named rodeo queen.

On
Aileen Stewart
My daughter picked out this book and started reading it to her father and I. She picked it originally because her cousin's name is Kylie, but soon she kept reading it because the Kylie Jean of the story was cute, and girlie, and interesting. We all thought it was quite fun that her dog's name was ugly brother, and her determination to become a rodeo queen make her a good role model. It's not so much about Kylie Jean wanting to be a rodeo queen as it is about working hard to achieve a dream and n ...more
Allison
A perfect short chapter book for girls who love: pink, tiaras, and ponies.
Zoey
really really awesome. I love horses. I am glad she got to be rodeo queen.
Julianna-Marie
Julianna-Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Emeli
Emeli marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
 Prabhjot Kaur
Prabhjot Kaur marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Jayson Sloane
Jayson Sloane marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Rosesviolets
Rosesviolets marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Martha Bautista
Martha Bautista marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Kylie Jean (4 books)
  • Blueberry Queen (Kylie Jean)
  • Drama Queen (Kylie Jean)
  • Hoop Queen
Blueberry Queen (Kylie Jean) Drama Queen (Kylie Jean) Hoop Queen Cupcake Queen Dancing Queen