Start by marking “If I Should Die” as Want to Read:
If I Should Die

If I Should Die

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Murder, embezzlement, betrayal, and silence...Peyton Farley, a southwest Montana newspaper researcher, awakens to find a man bleeding to death on her kitchen floor. The stranger draws one last gurgling breath. As Peyton awaits the arrival of the first responders, the man's body disappears. Local authorities accuse Peyton of murder. No sooner is she released from custody on ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published November 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about If I Should Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Should Die

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
If I Should Die is one hell of a read! Thank you to FMB Blog Tours for allowing me to read and review this book and also being a part of this tour. I have to say that when I first started reading it I was like okay I think I know what is going to happen. I have to tell you when you read this just read it don't try to guess or go ahead for spoilers because you will rob yourself of a GREAT read!

Peyton is a researcher for the newspaper and has just moved to a small town when she wakes up and finds
Patricia Esposito
Within the first four pages of If I Should Die, I realized I'd better stop trying to guess what will happen next, because inevitably I was wrong. Christie weaves a concise novel of constant twists. Each new character introduced raises a new layer of mystery to the opening crime scene: a man murdered on a young reporter's kitchen floor. And as each individual character's story unfolds bit by bit, we're thrown a new curve, the plot becoming more and more complex.

These are the kinds of surprises th
Patricia Esposito

These are the kinds of surprises t
Laurie
A very enjoyable read, this book easily held my attention and kept me guessing throughout. Peyton finds herself living a nightmare when she tries unsuccessfully to help a mortally injured man who stumbled into her kitchen.

Peyton, however, is not your usual protagonist. A young widow, she just moved into town six months earlier. She is a quiet homebody whose best friend seems to be Emma, the cat she inherited when she leased her apartment.

I loved the overall tone and voice of this story; though
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
(I received this book for a blog tour and for review purposes.)

To view the full post and other reviews, click here If I Should Die by Sally Franklin Christie

Gore: Yes, a little
Magic: No
Romance: No

Action: No
Pacing: 4 stars
Plot: 4.5 stars

Peyton Farley is a widowed journalist who just moved to town six months ago, who found a nearly dead body in her kitchen, many unbelievable things happened after that. This story is told from five point of views (but it wasn't very confusing, in the first few cha
Gaele
I received a copy of this book from the author for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for this review, and all conclusions are my own responsibility.

What a great read with enough twists and turns that make the “who did it” near impossible to detect until near the end. And even then, there are questions that are not answered until the last page is turned. Filled with both the best and worst of things people do to and with each other, each person encountered has a hand in the decepti
Marva
Peyton wakes up to find a dying man in her kitchen. After he dies, she goes to her bedroom to call 911 and waits for the police to arrive. But when they do, all they find is a mass of blood and no body.

An exciting start to a involved plot dealing with a number of likely suspects and other crimes including murder, embezzlement, lots of lying by more than one party, and Peyton's in the middle of it, suspected of killing the man who wasn't there.

I liked how Ms. Christie interweaves the plots and s
Zakgirl
Jan 10, 2012 Zakgirl rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Zakgirl by: The Writer's Chatroom
If I Should Die, took me two days (I'm a slow reader so gather what you will). This book gave a plot-filled and tension-packed story that had me wanting to know more. The twists and turns were intriguing. As a first novel it did have a couple of minor issues here and there but I wouldn't dare spoil the read for anyone by mentioning them here. I enjoyed the book and I look forward to purchasing her next book, Milk Carton People.
Jesy
Jesy marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Gabriela Victoria
Gabriela Victoria marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Bri
Bri marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Jana Bruen
Jana Bruen marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
E.F.
E.F. marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Deborah Mitton
Deborah Mitton marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Jeannie Chambers
Jeannie Chambers marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Anna Patterson
Anna Patterson marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Becky Ward
Becky Ward marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Diane
Diane added it
Oct 16, 2012
Chandra
Chandra marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Zada
Zada marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2012