Start by marking “Complete Slow Cooker Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Complete Slow Cooker Cookbook

Complete Slow Cooker Cookbook

2.86 of 5 stars 2.86  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews

REDISCOVER THE JOYS OF FAMILY DINNERS AND TOGETHERNESS

Slow cookers are for more than soups and stews. Slow cooking is bringing thousands of families back to the dinner table for hearty, homey dinners that are delicious, nutritious, and easy to prepare.

The Complete Slow Cooker Cookbook is filled with more than 200 slow cooker favorites the entire family will love, with e

Published December 1st 2008 by Sourcebooks, Incorporated (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Complete Slow Cooker Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complete Slow Cooker Cookbook

Ben
A good but not great cookbook. There are a lot of simple recipes, but none that were really all that exciting. The recipes seem mostly submitted by non-professional cooks, which means most are pretty simple. However, the downside is that many of the recipes use lots of prepared or packaged ingredients, and I have an irrational prejudice against those in recipes.
Angie
Down to earth recipes, or at least not that fancy. I like that. Though I won't try but a few recipes in here, it certainly gave me ideas. I had never thought to put so many types of recipes in a slow cooker.
Dolly
Jan 11, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who enjoy reading cookbooks
This is a decent crockpot cookbook that offers many of the standard recipes, as well as some fancy dishes and variations on non-crockpot favorites. I think that far too many of the recipes call for the all-too common cream-of-something soup as well as onion soup mix or italian dressing mix, but I liked that the book has a solid number of go-to recipes and doesn't try to be too fancy. Overall, it's a solid reference for everyday slow cooker dishes.
Brooke
Brooke added it
Jan 11, 2015
Denice
Denice marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Mark
Mark added it
Nov 24, 2014
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Nancy
Nancy is currently reading it
Oct 29, 2013
Tonya
Tonya added it
May 20, 2013
David Martin
David Martin marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
Sep 20, 2010
Kelly
Kelly added it
Aug 15, 2010
Delectable Desserts Offerings from the Oven: A Collection of Recipes for Every Occasion Zomerster Complete Slow Cooker Cookbook The Sensational Skillet Cookbook: Create Spectacular Meals in Your Electric Skillet