Start by marking “Tall, Dark and Deadly: Get Lucky\Taylor's Temptation” as Want to Read:
Tall, Dark and Deadly: Get Lucky\Taylor's Temptation

Tall, Dark and Deadly: Get Lucky\Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #9-10)

New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann has thrilled audiences with her tall, dark and dangerous series. Experience it here, with two more classic tales of heroes who face the most daring adventure of allfalling in love.
Get Lucky
Navy SEAL Lucky O'Donlon was the original love-'em-and-leave-'em guy used to women swooning at his feet. So how could
Published April 26th 2011 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tall, Dark and Deadly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tall, Dark and Deadly

Buggy
Opening Line:"It was like being hit by a professional linebacker."

You can’t really go wrong with any of the books from this series, they’re all super good with fun, sexy, exciting storylines, memorable characters, and sigh worthy endings. Of course then there’s the larger then life Navy SEAL heroes, capable of anything it seems except falling in love easily.

Here we get books 9 & 10 from Brockmann’s Tall Dark and Dangerous series (re-released as a 2-in-1 with a WAY better cover) Using proper
Pamela(AllHoney)
A 2 for 1 deal. I liked them both but I think my favorite was Get Lucky. I'd probably give it close to 5 stars. I enjoyed the story and loved the characters. The story drew me in quickly and held me. It moved at a comfortable pace without a lot of extra nonsense to take my attention away. On the other hand, Taylor's Temptation was closer to a 3 star for me. I can't quite put my finger on why but I just didn't connect with the characters as easily as I did for Get Lucky. Still, it was a good read ...more
Tasha
Get Lucky and Taylor's Temptation

Two more solid reads. I appreciate the older women hooking up the younger SEAL, I mean who on the brink of 40 wouldn't right? It was fun and always nice to see a guy having to back peddle and put in that extra effort.

Bobby is perfect! Love the whole best-friend's sister thing. Makes for some really fun verbal exchanges and it's always appreciated when I guy wants to do the right thing. You also have to appreciate Colleen's dedication and determination. Well done.
JazzRizz
Sep 05, 2014 JazzRizz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, ebook, kindle, 2014
I'm so sad that I'm almost finished with this series :(

I gotta say ... I really loved both of these stories. Lucky has always been a favorite of mine, and I was really excited to meet the lady who knocks him on his ass.

Sydney is awesome. Her humor and wit were a great match to Lucky.

Bobby and Colleen ... what a great story.

I can't wait to see what's in store for Wes though.
Flo Tinsman
Okay

This book was a nIce read. Not as good as the others in the series but not a bad read.
Tina
Jun 13, 2017 Tina rated it it was amazing
2 great stories. 2 sexy SEALS. 2 fierce, independent women. I enjoyed this book. It was my first by Suzanne Brockmann. I'll definitely read more of her work.
Mom
May 23, 2017 Mom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this series.
Jo-Anne
May 17, 2014 Jo-Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tall, Dark and Deadly

Tall, Dark and Deadly is actually two books in one. First we have Get Lucky about Navy SEAL, Luke O'Donlon, with a really good story line and characters. I gave this one a 5 star rating. Then there is Taylor's Temptation with Bobby Taylor who is also a SEAL. That story was not as gripping but I did like Bobby's character. I didn't like Coleen nearly as much which brought my rating down for this book to a 3 star. Since the books were so different from each other, I wrote sepa
Anita
Jul 22, 2014 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get Lucky Luke O'Donlon, Lucky, meets his match in this installment of Suzanne Brockman's SEAL series. You have absoutely got to love these men in uniform. The character of Lucky got his nickname by being... lucky with his women. Always seen with a stacked, blond, blue eyed babe, usually a decade younger than him, Lucky has the California life down pat. It is fun to seen how he grows in this book and comes to see the value of a solid relationship built on friendship first and sex second.

There is
Sammie
Mar 13, 2016 Sammie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bobby-colleen
It was totally awesome ,i loved every second of this book i could not put it down.

Get Lucky.
I fell in love with Luke (Lucky) O'Donlon from the moment i met him in this series,i have waited for him story and it was pure awesomeness ,he is so hot and super funny and i can not get enough of him,i loved watching him fall in love with Sydney ,it was great that he met someone to spend his life with ,they make a great couple.

Sydney is pretty awesome,i really liked her and i was so glad that she met Luc
May 14, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Get Lucky, 3.5 stars. SEAL Lucky O'Donlan and reporter/writer Sydney work together on solving the mystery of a serial rapist in the San Diego area who might be a SEAL. Lucky is the perfect "Ken doll" and Syd is a kind of plain girl. They make an unlikely couple, but very funny dialog between the two. A sweet story with a nice amount of action.
Taylor's Temptation, 3.5, is a contemporary romance until the end when some action intervenes. Bobby Taylor and Wes Skelley are best friends and fellow SE
Kaje Harper
3.5 stars. These two books are part of Brockmann's Tall, Dark and Dangerous series. They are better than her early more formulaic romances (which aren't bad; I don't think Brockmann does bad) but not as complex and interesting as her Troubleshooter books. There's a little too much of "I love her but I know she doesn't really love me" mutual misunderstanding in these. You know, where both people think they're the only one who is serious about the relationship. I get irritated when that goes on to ...more
ms bookjunkie
GET LUCKY 3.5 stars

I liked the story, but it felt somewhat dated. The relationship part was okay, but the suspense part… felt like it lacked originality, maybe even authenticity. It was predictable. (Well, the book is from Y2K, so there have been plenty of years for me to read different versions of this same plot…) That said, I have no doubt whatsoever that had I read Get Lucky when it first came out, I would've loved it to bits and begged for more.

[Read: 1.5.2011]

TAYLOR'S TEMPTATION 4 stars

I d
Micheeeleeee ❤️
I don't even know where to start ywith this book . I am absolutely amazed at this author. I was in love, suspicious, scared , sad all while reading this book . I like the perfect / imperfect couples. Lucky O'Donlon was perfect and everyway then you have Sydney the odd dressed reported and they clashed like vinegar in water which made it much more interesting. I love the anxiousness and curiosity while reading This. Then their is beautiful Native American Bobby Taylor and Amazonian Colleen Skelly ...more
Kristina
Sep 05, 2015 Kristina rated it liked it
I thought that this was an okay book. The first book of this book left me unimpressed. I thought that Lucky was a huge jerk to put it politely. the second book was much better. Bobby is a heartthrob. the thing I didn't like about the second book was that the characters were talking about doing some relief work for the whole book but spent only one or two chapters there and then the book was pretty much done. I dunno the second part of the book is worth reading the entire book.
Christen Orbanus
I'm giving this book 3 1/2 stars. I read Get Lucky years ago so I got this book to read Taylor's Temptation. I really liked it and I couldn't put it down... but it wasn't my favorite story of Brockmann's. I thought Bobby was kind of weak. It was really Colleen who moved the story along. Still... if you like Brockmann and you like SEALs, you'll enjoy this bbok!
Mindy
Get Lucky: I really liked it...it was happy, sad, scary and ultimately romantic. Now onto the second book...
I liked it better than I liked Get Lucky. Luke was hot, but the story between Bobby and Colleen is hotter. I love when people who’ve known each other forever and loved each other from afar finally get together.
Karen
Jun 29, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read about the Seals...gotta love the men who protect our country inside and out....can't wait to see what happens in the final chapters!!! This book was just as good as the first one I read...I like finding great reads like this...I recommend this is you like danger and romance...and some SEALS mixed in!!!
Aug 30, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters!

I loved the characters, even though things didn't always line up, a fine tooth comb in editing would've made this a better book, but it was enough of a good characters and good dialogue to overlook the rest!
Lindsey
May 03, 2012 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military, favorites
#9-10 of Tall, Dark & Dangerous series! #9 is Get Lucky & #10 is Taylor's Temptation

My favorite military series so far!! I read these books so fast and had to keep going to the book store to buy the next one because I just couldn't wait to read it. Lots of suspense and romance!
Jill
Apr 09, 2012 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving the action and the love dance within each of her books. She does a great job of setting up the tension before the fire works are set off.
Michelle
This story gets 3 starts mainly because of Lucky's story. I've been looking forward to his and was not disappointed. Bobby's wasn't bad, but would have only ranked a 2.
Dee
Feb 16, 2015 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

Two more of series
Romance with touch of action
Enjoyable books

Older SEAL series
Technology improving
Some cell phones in these
Bernie
May 06, 2015 Bernie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tall, Dark and Deadly review

Tall, Dark and Deadly is a two book set in the Tall, Dark and Dangerous series written by author Suzanne Brockmann. I especially liked Lucky's story.
Shelly
Nov 09, 2011 Shelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute romances. Not as good by far as the Troubleshooters. The characters and stories aren't as in depth.
Kim
May 21, 2013 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
two good novellas.
Mandy
Jul 19, 2012 Mandy marked it as to-read
Won this on twitter and it's ok
Karen
Dec 03, 2011 Karen rated it liked it
I've been enjoying this series of SEAL novels.
LaShawn
Jan 05, 2014 LaShawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First story - 4 stars, Second story - couldn't put it down, the tension was great! 5 stars!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Tall, Dark and Dangerous
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Promises in the Dark (Shadow Force, #2)
  • Close Quarters (Hot Zone, #4)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • High Octane
  • Edge of Darkness (T-FLAC, #10)
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • Tallchief
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
  • Shattered Valor (Red Team, #2)
  • Feel the Heat (Black Ops Inc., #4)
  • The Sheik's Command (Sahara Kings #1)
After childhood plans to become the captain of a starship didn’t pan out, Suzanne Brockmann took her fascination with military history, her respect for the men and women who serve, her reverence for diversity, and her love of storytelling, and explored brave new worlds as a bestselling romance author. Over the past twenty-five years she has written more than fifty-five novels, including her award- ...more
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Tall, Dark & Dangerous (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Prince Joe (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #1)
  • Forever Blue (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #2)
  • Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3)
  • Everyday, Average Jones (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #4)
  • Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #5)
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #6)
  • The Admiral's Bride (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #7)
  • Identity: Unknown (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #8)
  • Get Lucky (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #9)
  • Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #10)