Start by marking “Suspicion of Betrayal” as Want to Read:
Suspicion of Betrayal

Suspicion of Betrayal (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #4)

Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana make a combustible mix on many levels. Passionately attracted to each other on a personal level, they are equally passionate defenders of their clients even when their interests don t always work in tandem. Set all this against the sultry background of a Miami that is riddled with crime and corruption, drowning in drugs, illegal immigrants ...more
Published August 30th 2010 by eReads.com (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Suspicion of Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suspicion of Betrayal

Freyja
Jun 06, 2014 Freyja rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Suspicion of Betrayal is a novel about a female lawyer (oh, hey look my dream job) whose life falls apart on the basis of a series of anonymous attacks on her and her family. It is also the first Barbara Parker novel I have read so far.

Since the identity of the villain dangled over my head the entire time, I didn't dare put the book down despite not wanting to finish it anymore due to how slow I think the story progressed. Also, I really wanted to find out whether or not the couple I ship went c
Kathryn Bain
Jun 29, 2013 Kathryn Bain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I thought I knew who the culprit was then I changed my mind. Then I went back to my first guess. It didn't matter, I was wrong on both counts. I like that she was able to fool me.

The only real problem I had with this was the stupid things the heroine did. She put up with a boyfriend who was a jerk. She borrowed money from her law office trust account. Not smart and not a good thing for a heroine.

Overall though, I did like the book and would recommend it. It held my interes
Gramy
Oct 07, 2013 Gramy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gail Conners is a attorney in Miami. She is a single mother of a daughter, Karen. She is romantically interested in a powerful criminal attorney, Anthony Quintana. As the story goes on, twists and turns await the reader, and blood is spilled and fingers are pointed. Anthony Quintana is a Cuban-American, whose jealousy of Gail's ex-husband causes him to overstep his bounds. Gail Connors should be getting smarter as the series goes on, but she still makes potentially dangerous errors in judgment. ...more
Dawn Wsrkentin
This was an ok read for me and honestly did keep me guessing until the end. I received the book as a " pass along" and did not realize that this book was number 4 in a series. Likely will NOT go back to the beginning to book 1 because I am not sure that I like the Gail character enough to care about her beginnings. Will need to do more research first
Jun 23, 2009 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This book was mildly entertaining but did not really capture my attention. I think my main problem with this book was that none of the characters had any redeeming qualities that made me care about them. They were all selfish and immature. I think a more likable character would have drew me into the story more.
Marie
Mar 26, 2010 Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me quite awhile to get into this book. I found when I put it down, I never wondered what was happening, never thought about it. About 3/4 of the way through it got more interesting and turned out to be an ok book.
Marti
Jul 02, 2009 Marti rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i have read other novels by barbara parker, even ones with gail connor, her daughter karen, and anthony quintana, but this one did not seem to me to be as good as the others. characters seemed wishy washy and did things which didn't seem to hang together. guess they can't all be winners.
Leslie
Aug 18, 2009 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book.......it kept you guessing till the very end! There are 8 books in the "Suspicion of __________" series and I hope to read them all!
Melissa Sellers
Dec 07, 2013 Melissa Sellers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't want to put this book down to go to bed! That's a rare thing!
Edy Carder
Jul 13, 2014 Edy Carder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved this book
Melissa
I really enjoy Parker's writing style and her main character, Gail Connor. I would recommend this book.
Julie
Jan 18, 2009 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspicion of Betrayal by Barbara Parker (2000)
Jeannie Lewis
The main character seemed very weak to me. I was looking for a strong female & male leading character. I will, however, get the next book because I am dying to find out the what happens!!
Diane
May 21, 2009 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Rather intricate story about threats, murder, romance, and an independent woman trying to make it on her own.
Brenda Kay McClusky
Best Suspicion book yet

Great plot and a much better read than book four. Starting book six tomorrow! Keep them coming Mrs. Parker...truly entertaining.
Nancy
Wasn't sure who the stalker was 'til the end...Kinda surprising. too Good story!
Teri Hand
Oct 11, 2009 Teri Hand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An edge-of-your-seat thriller that makes it clear why Gail Connor is the heroine. An excellent read.
Pauline Rogers
Book 4 of series
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Adele Freeman
Adele Freeman rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Bev watts
Bev watts rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2012
Rietje
Rietje rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2011
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
May 21, 2015
Eola
Eola rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Dawn valentine
Dawn valentine rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2011
  • Streets of Blood (Shadowrun, #8)
  • Beaches II: I'll Be There
  • Romance (87th Precinct, #47)
  • A Dismal Thing to Do
  • Bird Brained (Rachel Porter, #3)
  • Everything You Have Is Mine (Lauren Laurano, #1)
  • The Delta Star
  • Exposé (Sally Harrington, #1)
  • Scent of a Killer
  • A Wild and Lonely Place
  • Firefox Down! (Mitchell Gant, #2)
  • Joanna's Husband and David's Wife
  • Night's Pawn (Shadowrun, #10)
  • An Imperfect Spy (A Kate Fansler Mystery #11)
  • The Warlord
  • The Vines of Yarrabee
  • Hanging Time (April Woo, #2)
  • Forbidden Flowers
Barbara Parker (1946 or 1947–2009) was an American mystery writer. She wrote 12 novels, the first of which, Suspicion of Innocence, was a finalist for the Edgar Allan Poe Award for best first mystery novel by an American author. Parker was on the national board of the Mystery Writers of America and was the chair of its membership committee for two years.
More about Barbara Parker...

Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana (8 books)
  • Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1)
  • Suspicion of Guilt (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #2)
  • Suspicion of Deceit (Gail Connor/Anthony Quintana, #3)
  • Suspicion of Malice (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #5)
  • Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)
  • Suspicion of Madness (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #7)
  • Suspicion of Rage (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #8)