The Dragon in the Volcano (Dragon Keepers #4)

The Dragon in the Volcano (Dragon Keepers #4)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  11 reviews
What do you do when your dragon becomes a 'tween? Worry! And that's exactly what Dragon Keepers Jesse and Daisy do when their dragon, Emmy, outgrows their garage and starts disappearing. Luckily, when she really disappears, she also leaves them a trail of socks, which leads them headlong into a . . . volcano? Yep! And it only gets crazier from there! In this fourth title,...more
Published May 24th 2011 by Random House Children's Books (first published January 1st 2011)

Beth A.
This one was fun, they entered the "Fire Realm;" Emma became more independent and Jesse and Daisy were afraid of losing her; and their two old nemeses unite against them. Plus the new realm allowed for new concepts and creatures.

These books are perfect for Little Miss. We read them out loud to her. The characters are pretty simple, yet loveable, and the plot easy to follow. Danger never feels too real and everything is wrapped up promptly.

I would recommend this one for read aloud to younger ki...more
Little Miss and the Legomeister

I would recommend this one for read aloud to younger kids...more
Dolly
Jun 12, 2012 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read longer chapter books
This is the fourth book in the Dragon Keepers series by Kate Klimo and John Shroades. We discovered this series by chance during a library visit and my oldest is enthralled. She read the first two book almost nonstop until she finished them. Now that we're almost done with the fourth book in the series, we are thrilled to see that there's a fifth book that has just been published.

I found the book to be a quick, entertaining read. It's a great series to introduce children into the sci-fi/fantasy...more
Doris
Much better than the library story. I liked that Emmy has hit the teens - at least as dragons count it. Very well done and the reason she was crushing on another dragon was exceptionally well put together.

This book deals with the maturing of the young dragon, who, in true childish form, is growing physically faster than she is growing mentally. I really like that, in the footsteps of “The Book Dragon” Emmy is a voracious reader. Keep the books coming – they encourage young readers and I applaud...more
Lily
5 stars as always for this beautifully written series!

I like the setting the adventure takes place in, the volcano! It's dangerous but pretty, and I never thought that water within the place could be more scary and tragic than actual fire.

Emmy has also gotten really big, and two of my favorite characters are back and ready to cause some trouble. ;) There's also a ton of new characters too, which I've really come to adore and I hope they will be shown in the upcoming series as well! (Especially J...more
Gryphon
Man! Kate Klimo is upping the anti! It is now beginning to cost the cousins to be good keepers! Wow! It is no longer just fun and games!

This whole adventure started with a bored dragon! The poor dragon was left home alone with no true (healthy) entertainment, of course she is going to run off. One must always attempt to keep their "pets" mentally stimulated.
J
What a cute dragon book about adventure, excitement and two cousins who work together to find their dragon.

I really r joyed this book and as I continue to explore the minds of children's authors and their creative flow I hope to get my story put there and share it with everyone!
Angela
Didn't realize that "The Dragon in the Sock Drawer" has become a series. I picked this up and enjoyed it in an evening; I'll go back for #2 and #3 in the series. Some very inventive elements but very readable and not too sophisticated.
Ryden
IT WAS REALLY GOOD! My favorite part was when Jesse dropped the water balloon on Malachite's head and extinguished her.

I'm about to read The Dragon in the Sea. I hope it's going to be great!
Heather
A good entry for the series. This book is highly readable, and will appeal to lovers of dragons and adventure and humor. Clever, but not too difficult.
Samantha Hastings
Got tired of the "tripe." Okay adventure.
PWRL
Sep 20, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Sayra
Sayra is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2014
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Aryn
Aryn marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Kade Richins
Kade Richins marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Breonna
Breonna marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • Stealing Magic: A Sixty-Eight Rooms Adventure (Sixty-Eight Rooms #2)
  • Ereth's Birthday (Dimwood Forest, #3)
  • Pete & Pickles
  • Circle of Heroes (The Familiars, #3)
  • Kenny and the Dragon
  • The Wyverns’ Treasure (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #3)
  • The Reluctant Dragon
  • A Circle of Cats (Newford)
  • The Best of Ray Bradbury
  • The Animal Review: The Genius, Mediocrity, and Breathtaking Stupidity That Is Nature
  • The Ruby Princess Runs Away
  • The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire, #3)
  • The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls
  • Me First
  • Roar of a Snore
  • The Somebodies
  • Julia Gillian (and The Art Of Knowing)
The Dragon in the Sock Drawer (Dragon Keepers, #1) Daughter of the Centaurs (Centauriad, #1) The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2) The Dragon in the Library (Dragon Keepers, #3) The Dragon in the Sea (Dragon Keepers #5)