Start by marking “The Dragon in the Volcano (Dragon Keepers #4)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon in the Volcano (Dragon Keepers #4)

The Dragon in the Volcano (Dragon Keepers #4)

What do you do when your dragon becomes a 'tween? Worry! And that's exactly what Dragon Keepers Jesse and Daisy do when their dragon, Emmy, outgrows their garage and starts disappearing. Luckily, when she really disappears, she also leaves them a trail of socks, which leads them headlong into a . . . volcano? Yep! And it only gets crazier from there! In this fourth title, ...more
Published May 24th 2011 by Random House Children's Books (first published January 1st 2011)

Beth A.
This one was fun, they entered the "Fire Realm;" Emma became more independent and Jesse and Daisy were afraid of losing her; and their two old nemeses unite against them. Plus the new realm allowed for new concepts and creatures.

These books are perfect for Little Miss. We read them out loud to her. The characters are pretty simple, yet loveable, and the plot easy to follow. Danger never feels too real and everything is wrapped up promptly.

I would recommend this one for read aloud to younger ki
Little Miss and the Legomeister

I would recommend this one for read aloud to younger kids
Dolly
Jun 12, 2012 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read longer chapter books
This is the fourth book in the Dragon Keepers series by Kate Klimo and John Shroades. We discovered this series by chance during a library visit and my oldest is enthralled. She read the first two book almost nonstop until she finished them. Now that we're almost done with the fourth book in the series, we are thrilled to see that there's a fifth book that has just been published.

I found the book to be a quick, entertaining read. It's a great series to introduce children into the sci-fi/fantasy
Brittany Perry
May 06, 2016 Brittany Perry rated it it was amazing
so much fun. perfect bedtime story book that will capture the interest of every member in the household. in this one Emmy is growing quite a bit as a person or well a dragon and is experiencing the first twinges of her heart.
Eliana
Mar 17, 2015 Eliana rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I love dragons and I love books, therefore I LOVE these books!
Doris
Aug 30, 2013 Doris rated it really liked it
Much better than the library story. I liked that Emmy has hit the teens - at least as dragons count it. Very well done and the reason she was crushing on another dragon was exceptionally well put together.

This book deals with the maturing of the young dragon, who, in true childish form, is growing physically faster than she is growing mentally. I really like that, in the footsteps of “The Book Dragon” Emmy is a voracious reader. Keep the books coming – they encourage young readers and I applaud
Lily
Jul 29, 2013 Lily rated it it was amazing
5 stars as always for this beautifully written series!

I like the setting the adventure takes place in, the volcano! It's dangerous but pretty, and I never thought that water within the place could be more scary and tragic than actual fire.

Emmy has also gotten really big, and two of my favorite characters are back and ready to cause some trouble. ;) There's also a ton of new characters too, which I've really come to adore and I hope they will be shown in the upcoming series as well! (Especially J
Hillvan
810L
Tisha
Jun 21, 2016 Tisha rated it liked it
My boys love to read dragon books. This series isn't too bad.
Gryphon
Oct 25, 2013 Gryphon rated it really liked it
Man! Kate Klimo is upping the anti! It is now beginning to cost the cousins to be good keepers! Wow! It is no longer just fun and games!

This whole adventure started with a bored dragon! The poor dragon was left home alone with no true (healthy) entertainment, of course she is going to run off. One must always attempt to keep their "pets" mentally stimulated.
Roderick
What a cute dragon book about adventure, excitement and two cousins who work together to find their dragon.

I really r joyed this book and as I continue to explore the minds of children's authors and their creative flow I hope to get my story put there and share it with everyone!
Angela
Oct 21, 2011 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: kidsbooks, sf-fantasy
Didn't realize that "The Dragon in the Sock Drawer" has become a series. I picked this up and enjoyed it in an evening; I'll go back for #2 and #3 in the series. Some very inventive elements but very readable and not too sophisticated.
Ryden
Apr 15, 2013 Ryden rated it it was amazing
IT WAS REALLY GOOD! My favorite part was when Jesse dropped the water balloon on Malachite's head and extinguished her.

I'm about to read The Dragon in the Sea. I hope it's going to be great!
Heather
Dec 05, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
A good entry for the series. This book is highly readable, and will appeal to lovers of dragons and adventure and humor. Clever, but not too difficult.
Samantha Hastings
Nov 05, 2011 Samantha Hastings rated it liked it
Got tired of the "tripe." Okay adventure.
PWRL
Sep 20, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Jillian Anderson
Jillian Anderson is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2016
Amaya
Amaya rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Wilbur
Wilbur rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Kayde
Kayde marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Jacob Franklin
Jacob Franklin marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Cybelle
Cybelle rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Ethan
Ethan rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Ariadne
Ariadne marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Eva
Eva rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Oyster
Oyster marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Hayley Ferguson
Hayley Ferguson marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • The Pirate's Coin (Sixty-Eight Rooms, #3)
  • The Ever Breath
  • Captain Raptor and the Moon Mystery
  • Islands in the Sky (Voyage of the Basset 1)
  • The Wyverns’ Treasure (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #3)
  • Pete & Pickles
  • Me First
  • Air, Volume 4: A History of the Future
  • The Missing (Troubletwisters, #4)
  • Roar of a Snore
  • The Flying Dragon Room
  • A Circle of Cats (Newford)
  • The Evil Elves (Moongobble and Me #3)
  • The Duchess of Whimsy
  • Dragonsdale (Dragonsdale, #1)
  • The Talent Show
  • You and Me Together: Moms, Dads, and Kids Around the World

Dragon Keepers (6 books)
  • The Dragon in the Sock Drawer (Dragon Keepers, #1)
  • The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)
  • The Dragon in the Library (Dragon Keepers, #3)
  • The Dragon in the Sea (Dragon Keepers #5)
  • The Dragon at the North Pole (Dragon Keepers #6)