Lifted Up by Angels

Lifted Up by Angels (Angels Trilogy #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  2,018 ratings  ·  42 reviews
The companion to the Publishers Weekly bestseller Angels Watching Over Me.

This inspirational novel follows the story of Leah and her friendship with the Amish family she met while hospitalized for cancer treatment.When Leah takes a summer job near their Amish community, she is happy to be near Ethan again.He is now at the age at which an Amish young man is allowed a taste...more
Published October 27th 2010 by Laurel Leaf (first published October 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Lifted Up by Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lifted Up by Angels

AnnaBernyc Calderone
This is book 2 in the Angels Trilogy.
This book was yet another wonderful read by Lurlene.
Leah gets through chemo and is cleared by doctors but still needs to be checked every few months to make sure the cancer is gone.

Leah gets a summer job in the town where her Amish friends live. She learns more of the Amish way grows closer to Ethan. Then something happens that makes Leah doubt God and faith.
Then soon after that Leah's faith grows even stronger then before.

Can 2 people from different worlds b...more
Terri Sullivan
Another great story by Lurlene McDaniel. Her stories always touch my heart and although may have sadness, there is a greater meaning buried within.

Lifted Up by Angels is no exception. Her main character, Leah, has finished her chemotherapy and is needing a vacation from her mother. She decides to go visit her Amish friend for the summer. Leah had become friends with Rebekah and her family as Rebekah was in the hospital when Leah was. She became close to Charity, Rebekah's older sister and had be...more
Gina
Dec 05, 2008 Gina rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
Recommended to Gina by: Jordyn Holmes and Quinlyn Mork
Lifed Up by Angels is the second book following Angels Watching Over Me. This book was very good! And by reading this book after the first it was even more interesting. This time Leah spent the summer in the Amish environment. She developed and even stronger relationship with Ethan, as well as with Charity and Rebekah. She also learned more about the Amish then she ever imagined.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning about other cultures, it is a shock! Also, this bo...more
Jessica
Lifted up by Angels is the sequel to Angels Watching over Me by Lurlene McDaniel. After finding out that Leah’s bone cancer is deteriorating and that she might have a chance to be completely cured after the chemotherapy, she spends her summer in Indianapolis with Ethan and his family. Meanwhile, her mother and stepfather are on vacation at various locations such as Hawaii and sending Leah postcards. During her stay with Ethan, she finds out that since Ethan is seventeen, he get a period of time...more
Jordyn
Oct 03, 2008 Jordyn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like reading "cute" things.
Recommended to Jordyn by: I read the first one so i wanted to read the second.
This Book is the second to "Angles Watching Over Me'. In this book Leah goes to Nappanea, Indiana to spend her summer. There she rents an apartment, and hangs out with her crush Ethan and his family. Leah already knew them from the first book where she shared a hospital room with Ethan's little sister Rebecca. While Leah spends her summer here she vists alot of amish cultural outings. She meets Charity's (Ethan' sister) crush, who is really rude to Leah and Ethan considering she is not amish. Sh...more
Michelle
This book was about Leah was spending her summer working in an inn or hotel. During her days off, she goes to visit Ethan and Charity. Leah and Ethan are trying to be together because they are from different cultures. Both Leah and Ethan had faced challenges from death, family pressure and culture pressure.
In this book, I learned that it is hard to face challenges by yourself because if there was no one to support you, there is a feeling of being defeated and useless. I enjoyed reading this book...more
Katie
I still love this series
Lilian

Leah and Ethan have some very hard decision ahead of them, that will test their beliefs and their love. I loved the the this books as much as the first. It always makes me cry and also appreciate life more, because we never know what will happen in the future. I like to believe that I live my life fully everyday, like tomorrow could be my last. It's an important lesson to learn and always remember. And this story has it written in a way that makes you realize that life is precious and you need...more
Rachel
Pretty good read, real quick. Read it because I am cleaning off my shelf. I did not have the first one though so I feel like I missed a few things with the characters. If I had read the first one this book would be much easier to get into. A traumatic event happens most of the way through the book and I probably should have cried but I didn't. On the whole this was a well written book and enjoyable.
Caroline
I remember these being foisted upon me by a friend in middle school who insisted that Lurlene McDaniel was the greatest thing ever. I like the idea of writing true-to-life stories for teens rather than the typical Gossip Girl garbage, but I remember thinking these were ridiculously melodramatic...as a melodramatic teenager.

Still, they have that train wreck quality where you can't look away.
alyssa
Leah, the teenager with cancer, is now deeply involved emotionally with the Amish, and especially one young man. He cannot do much about their love, for they live in different worlds. The interaction between young lovers, between families and between worlds blends nicely with the main thread of the story - terminal illness in a teen.
Nicole
This is the second book in the series, and it follows the continuing saga of Leah and her amish romance. This is an amazing story with plot twists and the best part of these books is there isn't always a happy ending, but there is also a beautiful lesson to be learned. Definitely a great series for teens.
Erin Brawner
Following the story Angels Watching Over Me Leah finds herself working near the Amish family she met in the hospital. Ethan is at the age when he can have a taste of non-Amish life before committing himself. This is another great book for learning about Amish people.
Kim
May 27, 2009 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kim by: Erica
Well this book was very good; it made me want to read the third one right away. A couple of things happened that I can't figure out the reason for. Hopefully my questions will be answered in the third book which I will be starting tonight!
Noelle Walsh
I really liked this book. This book, and the two that go with it are probably the only books involving the Amish I'll actually enjoy. The way it's written is so good, you feel like you are right there with the characters. It's really good.
Tara Hixon
A student talked me into reading this book, and I wanted to because so many of the girls just absorb these books. This one was sweet and simple. Light romance and a brief glimpse into Amish culture.
Kelsy
This is much better than the first book in the serious. I actually enjoyed reading it, but there were still gaps in the plot and character developement. I must admit, though, the story's getting better.
April
Although a bit slow in spots, it was a nice follow up to the first book. I enjoyed learning more about the Amish lifestyle and Leah's reactions to it.

Parent Notes: underage drinking
Kianna
Mar 01, 2008 Kianna rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody
this book was ok it wasnt like i thought it was gonna be. maybe it was because i didnt read this irst book that goes before this one but i still thought it wouldve been better.
Mary Bronson
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is so heartwarming. I love the two main characters. They are so great together. It is also very sad towards the end of the book. I cried.
Caroline
Aug 08, 2008 Caroline rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the author, people who believe in angels
A mostly boring book about a girl and her "tragic" life. She spends a summer near her boyfriend in Indiana. But he is Amish and she is not. Will their love work out?
Sally
This was the first time I ever heard of the Amish (I'm an immigrant, we don't know about things like that). I remember liking the book and making my sister read it.
Asenath
Sequel to Angels Watching Over Me. Kinda getting soap opera-y Ethan and Leah are trying to figure out how to be together even though they are worlds apart.
Annenz
I love these books as it shows what people/families go through with cancer and other illnesses, how they cope,etc. Good reading for all!
Angelica Wood
This book is so good, once you start reading you won't want to put the book down. Beware though it may make you cry a bit.
Kiya Cratty
I Like this book too. It has wonderful descriptions, and I almost felt like I was there and feeling those things. :)
Larissa HSFHS
I loved this book, but this book is like the saddest book out of all three of them. But I still love this book.
Brandi
I read this when I went through a Lurlene McDaniel phase. Very stirring.
Ashley
This book changed my life...actually the trilogy as a whole changed my life!
Amanda
I really liked it but was mad that Rabeka dies!!!!!!!>:(
  • Flight #116 Is Down!
  • The Boy Next Door (Love Stories For Young Adults, #4)
  • Snowbound (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #7)
  • Island Dreamer (Christy Miller, #5)
  • Get a Life (Clearwater Crossing, #1)
  • When Love Dies (Sweet Valley High, #12)
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...
Don't Die, My Love Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1) Angels Watching Over Me (Angels Trilogy, #1) I'll Be Seeing You Telling Christina Goodbye