Start by marking “Dia Benci... Atau Cinta? (He Loves Me Not... He Loves Me)” as Want to Read:
Dia Benci... Atau Cinta? (He Loves Me Not... He Loves Me)

Dia Benci... Atau Cinta? (He Loves Me Not... He Loves Me)

Portia Davenport sadar bahwa istana bangsawan abad ke-18 yang ditinggalinya bersama Lucasta, ibunya, dan Daisy, adiknya, sudah tidak lagi semegah dulu. Bencana terjadi saat ayah mereka meninggalkan keluarga itu setelah menguras habis harta terakhir mereka. Tapi secercah harapan muncul saat Steve Sullivan, sahabat lama sekaligus pengacara keluarga, menyarankan agar mereka m ...more
Published 2010 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dia Benci... Atau Cinta?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dia Benci... Atau Cinta?

Veronica Widya
actually i like this book from the beginning.
i love the castle thing and the romance in it. ;)
i do love Andrew and Portia's Character. they're perfect being together.
Portia is a nice, loveable, patient and kind-hearted woman, while Andrew si such a super nice, handsome,gentle and 'almost perfect' guy.

i love the story, but honestly i start to be annoyed since in the middle of the book.
when there're many misunderstanding. i really hate misundertanding part. i hate it. in the real world, or in fi
Yola NY
May 27, 2012 Yola NY rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
buahahahaha!!
kocak,kocak!

ini pertama kalinya aku baca novel ttg kluarga bangsawan yang bersikap seperti para rakyat jelata yg melarat dan sinting. bahkan bisa dibilang semua tokohnya sinting, terkecuali si sulung portia, si pengacara andrew dan steve, daaaaan jaksa de councey. semua tokoh di dalam novel ini layak diadu dalam kontes komedi. serius, ini semua dialognya bikin aku ngakak2 gila di malam hari (bayangkan, di saat org udah tidur smua, aku dibikin ketawa sendiri oleh novel ini)

tokoh sang
Kate
Jun 27, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You may or may not know that I am a huge fan of Claudia Carroll’s work, there are still a few of her books that I haven’t managed to read yet so when I saw this one (which is the first book she wrote) I simply had to buy it.

I got caught up in the story quickly, I love books with a celebrity twist in them and this certainly had plenty of that with Davenport Hall being used as a movie set.

I really fell in love with all the characters, they were wonderfully stereotypical and so much fun. The eccent
Christin Natalia
Sep 03, 2013 Christin Natalia rated it liked it
Ceritanya tidak membosankan, tetapi juga tidak meninggalkan kesan apa-apa setelah membaca. Awalnya saya berharap bahwa karakter utama, si Portia, agak sedikit konyol dan lucu tapi ternyata dia sangat anggun dan tenang. Saya rasa memang dibutuhkan karakter seperti dia untuk mengimbangi karakter gila ayah, ibu, adik perempuan dan pelayannya. Belum lagi karakter pendukung dan antagonis yang juga tidak normal. ckckck.. Jadi kehadiran beberapa tokoh normal cukup agar novel ini bisa dibaca oleh orang ...more
Nevay
Jan 09, 2011 Nevay rated it it was ok
Shelves: chicklit
Ceritanya bagus, tapi kenapa aku cuma ngasih bintang 2?
Karena aku iri sama endingnya...hahahaha...
Andrew is just Too Good To Be True...
Leah
Sep 16, 2009 Leah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2009
In the heart of County Kildare is Davenport Hall – a crumbling eighteenth-century mansion house, ancestral home to Portia Davenport, her beautiful younger sister Daisy and their dotty, eccentric mother, Lucasta.

Disaster strikes when their father abandons the family, cleaning them out of the little cash they had managed to hold on to. But a ray of hope appears when Steve Sullivan, an old family friend and confirmed bachelor, suggests that they allow the hall to be used as the location for a major
Brenda
Dec 02, 2010 Brenda rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit, young-adult
3 stars for this book:)

Kisah-nya bercerita tentang sebuah keluarga berdarah bangsawan, yang complicated(kalo bisa dibilang gitu), Portia Davenport adalah anak tunggal dari keluarga Davenport yang bisa dibilang telah menggantikan tugas parents-nya sejak ayahnya kabur dan meninggalkan mereka begitu saja dengan begitu banyak hutang yang terus menumpuk, ibu dan adik-nya Daisy-pun tak mampu untuk menggantikan tugas2 utama ayahnya, jadilah Portia yang melakukan-nya.

Karna hutang yang terus menumpuk dan
Puni
Apr 01, 2008 Puni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
true to its kind, this book was a light read, which explains why it didn't take me that long to finish it. it's full and thick of Irish "accents", and the main characters actually feel homey to me.
the only minus points were that there're a bit of repetitive phrases used here and there (like "practically joined at hips", which was used by the author quite a lot of times and in a not so distant pages either). i know it may be hard to be creative when explaining something/the same situation over an
Agi
Jan 26, 2012 Agi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This book was like never - ending story for me, I thought it would never end. Everything was too long and too many there: the book itself, the descriptions, the characters... There were so many heroes in there that I still don't know who is who. And I think I'm going to be sick if I ever read "darling", "mummy" and "daddy" again. I mean, who is speaking like this? Aristocracy? Then I'm really sorry, but either they speak like this or they are swearing like crazy, which I didn't like at all too. ...more
Sandra Sales
Apr 07, 2014 Sandra Sales rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este livro é um espectáculo! Fartei-me de rir, a história está muito bem contada e os personagens são do melhor! Foi uma surpresa muito agradável, visto não conhecer a autora e ter ganho este livro num passatempo.
Karen Natasha
Jan 18, 2016 Karen Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is good enough to read xD
Medi
Mar 09, 2011 Medi rated it it was ok
Shelves: chicklit
its has a scent of Sense and Sensibility (Jane Austen) for me, but of the modern version. Portia as Elinor and Daisy as Marianne, Steve as Colonel Brandon, and of course Andrew as Edward. for me, this book is comical and the lighter version of Sense and Sensibility. its snail's pace that we found in the "original" is also had been "cured" thus it fits perfectly into the chicklit case.

in summary, sad to say, i much prefer this book compare to Sense and Sensibility
Prima patriotika
Nih buku kok enggak banget ya... males nyelesein bacanya... padahal separuh aja belum kebaca... tapi banyak bahasa kotor dan sudut pandang penokohan yang berganti-ganti dan sekan-akan semua tokoh ingin diceritakan bikin gak enak dibaca, padahal bukanlah tokoh yang penting dalam cerita keseluruhan...

Dan sepertinya saya memutuskan untuk tidak menuruskan membaca buku ini...
Shelley Kowalski
When I fist started reading this book I was unsure. However the more I got into it the more I enjoyed it. Alot of the charaters seemed hard to believe, however it was quiet funny, and in the end enjoyed the book :)
Tracey
Apr 16, 2013 Tracey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read, that had me laughing out load at times. The ending was surprising! It could of done with an extension to the ending, I felt like it wasn't quite finished!
Debbie
Jun 15, 2013 Debbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
oohhhhh......he loves me not....usually I kinda like claudia carroll chicklit but this one (sadly) helped me sleep (which is good) so...yayyyy
Marzena
Jan 20, 2010 Marzena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-english
Very witty and enjoyable from the very beginning, a bit cliche at times, but still a great read for everyone in need to be entertained.
Natacha
Nov 14, 2013 Natacha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Geweldig boek! Lekker ontspannende roman met hier en daar een vleugje humor.
Shannon Coleman
Sep 02, 2013 Shannon Coleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-paperback, loan
I have to admit that this was much better than what I was expecting.
Lisa
Feb 09, 2011 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, light,easy, readable rom com.
Özge İnci
Özge İnci rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Ciara
Ciara rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Helena
Helena marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Liberty K
Liberty K marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Simar
Simar marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Hartaty Fatshaf
Hartaty Fatshaf rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Sallyann
Sallyann marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Dekempeneer Els
Dekempeneer Els is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2016
Rhea
Rhea marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
  • Wicked Ambition
  • A Question Of Love
  • The Love Academy
  • Brown Owl's Guide to Life
  • Midsummer Magic
  • All Because of You (Lakeview #2)
  • Never Can Say Goodbye
  • Me and Mr Jones
  • Good Husband Material
  • Changing Grooms
  • The Kult
Claudia was born in Dublin and is a graduate of UCD, the College of Music and of the Gaiety School of Acting. Since then she has worked extensively as an actress on the Irish stage, but is probably best known for her role as TV’s Nicola Prendergast in the long running Dublin soap opera, ‘Fair City.’
More about Claudia Carroll...