Start by marking “Slow Ride (Rough Riders, #9.5)” as Want to Read:
Slow Ride (Rough Riders, #9.5)

Slow Ride (Rough Riders #9.5)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,393 Ratings  ·  286 Reviews

A Rough Riders free read.

Keely McKay Donohue is enduring the longest wedding reception of her life: her own. The only saving grace is that Jack Donohue is finally hers. Usually her hunky man gives her everything she wants, so why is her groom denying her the one thing she wants right now?

Jack thought his secretive wait-for-the-honeymoon plan was romantic, until he realize

Published November 9th 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Slow Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Ride

Auntee
Nov 10, 2010 Auntee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Rough Riders series
This is a free (Yay!) quickie available (http://www.mybookstoreandmore.com/slo...) from Lorelei James. It takes place during Keely McKay and Jack Donohue's (All Jacked Up) wedding reception and honeymoon.
Photobucket

Keely is hungry for her bridegroom. She can hardly wait to get through her wedding reception--she wants her sexy groom now! She doesn't want to wait for the elaborate, romantic honeymoon night that Jack has arranged. So she's going to try everything in her power to get a little taste of Jack, e
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Erotic Romance

Oh poor, poor Keely. You married a doting, sexy-as-sin stud who wants to romance you off your feet by whisking you to the exotic island of Tahiti to give you the perfect, memorable wedding night of your life and two weeks of pampered honeymoon bliss, including a secluded villa on your very own private beach, and you’re too much of a horny spoiled b*tch to appreciate it?!?! Jack, please drop Bratty Keely back at the airport, and I’ll be your devoted island lov
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness

Im sorry but was there meant to be a purpose to this short story? Because if there was I didnt get the memo.

There wasnt even any sex! Sure keely spent the entire time and trying to get into Jacks pants. But thats all it was.

D.I.S.S.A.P.O.I.N.T.E.D
Dina
Ho-hum read that works like an extra epilogue to All Jacked Up. If you've read and liked that book, you'll want to read this free - yay! - story even though it adds (almost) nothing to the series; if you haven't, don't bother because it doesn't stand on its own.

My verdict: Jack is still yummilicious and Keely is a spoiled brat, but they love each other and that's all that matters.

And here's what happened when she finally got him:

Photobucket

And she's on top because she won the bet. ;)
MelissaB
A tad disappointing because there weren't any hot scenes. Jack kept both me and Keely waiting for way too long. On the other hand, his intentions were sweet. I wish we would have actually seen the hot lovin' scene we were teased with the whole story. I did like where they finally got to it, let's just say my hubby and I have something in common with these two and it brought back good memories of my wedding night ;)
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
This is a very quick revisit with Jack and Keely, taking place at their wedding reception and the start of their honeymoon.
It was fun to meet up with them again, but I don't feel like this enhanced their story. It's good, but not great.
Beanbag Love
This was a very short story that takes place during and just after Jack and Keely's wedding. When I saw there was going to be a short for J & K, I was thrilled because their book left some unanswered questions. Some of those answers were revealed in conversation in this book, but I think it might have played out as a pretty good novella (working out his moving his business or not moving it, where they would live, etc).

But this was just a quickie and all it served to do was showcase everythin
 Anna (Wicked Book Blog)
Too slow of a ride if you're asking me, straight to the point of boringly uneventful.
However, the overal good impression that I got from Mr.Yummy and Steady make up for the digressions and indiscretions of Ms.Drunk and Mouthy.
Ridley
I guess there's no harm in downloading and reading this freebie, but I didn't feel like it added anything to the Rough Riders experience. It's devoid of any hot sex scenes, doesn't really tell us anything new about Jack or Keely, and kind of diminishes any hot sexual tension by resorting to telling, rather than showing. As well, it shows Keely in a rather unflattering light, when she grumps at Jack near the end.

YMMV, but I wasn't a big fan.
Robin *loves sexy books*
sexy and super sweet just like keely and jack. only 4 stars because i wanted it to be soooo much longer!
Yogi
Did I just give a Rough Riders book 1 stars? Yep, I sure did! I'm not really sure what in the hell this was supposed to be about, or what value this added to the series. Keely's whining was outrageous and she was a total and complete Cee. U. Next. Tuesday.! Thankfully this book was free and short, or I probably wouldn't have finished it.
Leah
I couldn't decide if I wanted to give this one 3 stars or 4 because my actual rating is a 3.5. However, I went with a 3 because of how bitchy Keely was just because Jack wanted to do something romantic for their first night together as husband and wife. The sweet moment with AJ and Cord was nice, it was awesome of Carson to deed some of the McKay lands to Keely and Jack, and Jack was just amazing. Keely just put a little bit of a damper on this for me. She seriously can't go a few hours without ...more
~E~ Riverina Romantics
WHAT THE HELL

I usually get an inkling of how many stars I will give a book in the first quarter of the book, and I had this one set at a definite 4. Until.....I'm sitting in the car, listening to my Kindle read it to me (on a long trip home), patiently waiting for the scorching sex scene.....& it didn't fu*king come!!!

One minute I am listening to them undressing, ready to get all down and dirty on the sand, then next I am listening to "About the Author". I was completely dumb founded and had
Coco at *My Reading Nook Blog*
This short is an epilogue to All Jacked Up which I loved. Nothing hot and steamy here, but I thought it was hilarious and sweet. Keely is girl after my own heart...I felt the same way throughout my wedding reception. :-)
KatLynne
Mar 19, 2014 KatLynne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Rough Riders Series
This short, free ebook gives a look at the wedding reception of Jack & Keely, from Book #8, All Jacked Up. I enjoyed this brief glimpse into their HEA.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
A great little story about Jack and Keeley's wedding. Their's was one of my favorite stories in the series. This was short but sweet. That Jack is one hot man. Whew.
Autumn Review
I'm not sure exactly what my thought process was, but I read this one without having read any of the books in this series. I know this was a free novella on Amazon and this author comes highly recommended by trusted friends. So, I gave it a go.

I admit that I was a tad bit lost, not knowing any of the other characters or even the main characters of this novella. But, what I saw, I did like. Keely and Jack are fun, flirty, and know how to push each others buttons. *wink* They think back to some o
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am a fan of Lorelei James Rough Riders Series and Slow Rider is a short story of Keely & Jack’s wedding which takes place after book 8 and if you have not read them and just want a quick and hot, sexy and steamy tale, then you will enjoy it, otherwise you might get lost in all the going-ons and all those dozen characters you are not familiar with.

This series is truly fabulous…hot cowboys and sexy women, steamy and unconventional sex encounters of two really interesting cowboy dynasties – T
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Es solo la boda de Keely y Jack, no hay nada más... Decepcionante.
MBR
It was so good revisiting Jack and Keely in this short story which takes place after Keely and Jack says I do. A battle of wills take place between Jack and Keely because Keely wants the hard, fast and slow brand of lovin' that only her husband can give her and Jack wants their first time as husband and wife to be something special.
Since Jack and Keely are my utmost favorite couple from the Rough Riders series, I loved revisiting them and finding out that they have stayed true to their form wit
Dee
Amanda Gylling
Aug 12, 2014 Amanda Gylling rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have previously read a book by this author's book Bound and hated it! I was hoping that this one would be different because it wasn't even remotely about the same subject, but...This was a complete waste of the 40 minutes it took to read this story! It wasn't even worth the free download, it was that bad! The female lead is just about the skankiest (is that a word?) whore that there ever was! As soon as the vows are said on her wedding day she starts pleading with her new husband to have sex w ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This was a free read from Amazon. This slow ride was more like a slow torture. Keely comes across as an immature nymphomaniac. Jack comes across as a loving husband trying to make something special for his new wife. Her lack of appreciation and turning it on to him for being the bad guy shows her self-centered attitude and lack of communication skills. Jack, I hate to say this, but I think the woman you married is going to be a bitchy nag in about a decade. Good luck.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
What happened??????? That's all I could think when reading this. Yeah, I know it's a short story, but I LOVED JACK AND KEELY in their book. What the hell happened to them in this story? Where did Jack get the idea that Keely needed this elaborate, sweet, romantic so they could have sex. I really don't understand! It left me quite speechless and I thought it was a bit out of character for my hunky Jack!
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Dec 16, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series
If you haven't read the book to which this is a sequel, don't bother with this. You won't be given any clues as to whom each character really is nor to what the significance of her Dad's action is.

On the plus side, the entire book is one lo-o-o-ong foreplay scene. And hey, freebie?
Denece
Oct 05, 2012 Denece rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it, its a short one which was fine. I enjoyed reading more about Jack and Keely. Shes a pain but I thought it was funny how she was trying to get him to have sex with her before they got to their honeymoon!! Anyway great to read more!! Must read if you read All Jacked Up!!
Shelly
Sep 07, 2014 Shelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I haven't read the series yet, but decided to give the short story a try. I liked it, it was fun and interesting, but from what I've read of this series, the lack of a steamy sex scene at the end is disappointing. It feels undone, but I haven't read the others.
Hbeebti
Aug 23, 2012 Hbeebti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
3.5 This was pretty cute. I haven't read this series yet but I figured this short story would let me know if I like the writing style . And I did. So now I look forward to reading the beginning of Jack and Keely.
Quynh
Nice quick read of Jack and Keely's wedding. I read this out of order but what the heck, it piqued my interest in their original book, and the other McKay brothers.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
AMAZING short story, this is a follow up to Jack & Keely's wedding. And LOVE seeing Cord and AJ ;-)

I fell in love with Jack all over again =)
Lorelei James Rom...: Slow Ride~Book 9.5 12 13 Jul 10, 2013 03:42PM
Brand New Free Read And Book Release In Lorelei James' Rough Rider Series 1 18 Nov 09, 2010 09:05AM
  • Hooked (Studs in Spurs #4)
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Breaking Brent (Roped, #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch, #2)
  • French Quarter (Hot in the City, #1)
  • All's Fair (A McKnight Romance, #1.5)
  • Snowy Night Seduction
  • Half Hearts
  • Breaking Leather (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
  • Three's Company
  • A Tall Dark Cowboy
  • All in Time
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • I Thought It Was You (Grimm's Circle, #2.5)
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.
More about Lorelei James...

Rough Riders (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1)
  • Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2)
  • Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3)
  • Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4)
  • Rough, Raw, and Ready (Rough Riders, #5)
  • Branded as Trouble (Rough Riders, #6)
  • Shoulda Been a Cowboy (Rough Riders, #7)
  • All Jacked Up  (Rough Riders #8)
  • Raising Kane  (Rough Riders, #9)
  • Chasin' Eight (Rough Riders #11)

“Her skin beaded from his steady, gentle touch.” 3 likes