Start by marking “The Last Days of Jericho” as Want to Read:
The Last Days of Jericho

The Last Days of Jericho

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A monster is approaching the Bronze Age city of Yarich.
It cannot be stopped. It cannot be turned aside.
And the monster is...God Himself.
The Canaanite city of Yarich is home to a society that is literate, cosmopolitan and doomed. Sakal, caravan-master to the "Melek" or king of the city-state, recounts the tale of the increasingly desperate battle for survival waged by an ur
Nook, 0 pages
Published July 4th 2010 by Brookside, Thomas (first published June 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Days of Jericho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Days of Jericho

Tracey Alley
Jun 11, 2012 Tracey Alley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An incredible twist on Biblical history and extremely well handled. The pacing, storyline and characters were all very close to spot on. Unfortunately Brookside misses some opportunities for sub-plots and greater character delineation which take away a little from what is really an extremely good book. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a good solid read.
Ashley
Jul 23, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If not for getting the chance to read this book for free (yay Amazon lending library!) I might never have picked it up because it's self-published and well, I'm a snob. But I'm also really interested in fiction about the ancient world. It's rare to find a novel set during biblical times that doesn't have an agenda, and even more rare to find one that doesn't let its agenda get in the way of quality writing. Thomas Brookside manages to avoid both these traps and tell us another side of that story ...more
Jason Golomb
This is Thomas Brookside's follow up to his incredibly creative and well executed "De Bello Lemures or The Roman War Against the Zombies of Armorica". Let's make one thing clear. Thomas Brookside may be self-published, but his writing is as crisp and descriptive as any big house publisher. Both stories take place in a very particular historical setting, and Brookside nails the narrator's tone and leaves readers with an extremely genuine exposition.

"Last Days of Jericho" tells the story of the fa
Stacey
Aug 07, 2010 Stacey rated it it was amazing
I have a longstanding fascination with the so-called history of the Old Testament. In fact, the first question that ever caused me to examine my religion of birth was how a God of Love could command his servants to directly commit genocide by their own swords, down to every last child and animal, when He (biblically-speaking) had the power to exterminate by supernatural means, thus psychologically sparing his followers?

This portrayal of the events in Joshua speaks to that speculation. The habir
Caleb Blake
To me, this book is a great example of what can be gained from independent authors and self-publishing. I purchased this book because it had one of the best concepts I've seen for a novel and it was executed very well.

I was expected it to come across as a horror more than it did, but that did not seem to subtract at all from my total enjoyment. The point of view of Sakal was a perfect and sane companion to the plot and all the characters - even when flawed - came across as very human and so elic
Josh
Jan 21, 2012 Josh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Last Days of Jericho is an excellent read. I enjoyed the story from the perspective of a resident of Yarich, it offered a fresh take on an old tale. The author did a good job developing the main character and developing the story at a pace that made it hard for me to put down. I would reccomend this book to anyone looking for a dark fantasy set an a historical period.
Ashley
Just finished a reread. Still holds up. Still love it a lot.
Scott
Scott rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Hazel
Hazel is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2016
Michael DiBaggio
Michael DiBaggio rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Cora Pop
Cora Pop is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2016
Dan Glick
Dan Glick rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Dyscover
Dyscover marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Jacob Schonberg
Jacob Schonberg marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
James
James rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
11811 (Eleven)
11811 (Eleven) marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
David C.
David C. marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Stephen
Stephen rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2014
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Bryce Giesler
Bryce Giesler rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Ken Finegan
Ken Finegan rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Mary Frances
Mary Frances marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Brandon Bowling
Brandon Bowling rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
Bookfan92
Bookfan92 marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014