Start by marking “Hades (Halo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hades (Halo, #2)

Hades (Halo #2)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  27,631 Ratings  ·  1,487 Reviews
Heaven Help Her.

Bethany Church is an angel sent to Earth to keep dark forces at bay. Falling in love was never part of her mission, but the bond between Beth and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier Woods, is undeniably strong. But even Xavier’s love, and the care of her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can’t keep Beth from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in
Hardcover, First Edition, 425 pages
Published August 30th 2011 by Feiwel & Friends (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hades, please sign up.

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
29th out of 1,144 books — 7,042 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Can't Wait Books For 2011
57th out of 1,220 books — 6,914 voters

More lists with this book...

Demo
[Applause]

Circus Princess: Hello there, and welcome to another episode of What the Hell Were You Thinking?! Tonight's guests are a few of the people from the best selling Halo series. They're second installment, Hades, just recently came out. Come on out, Xavier Woods! Bethany Church! And Jake Thorn!

Xavier/Bethany/Jake: [sit down in the three chairs and wave awkwardly at the audience]

Circus Princess: What a pleasure it is to have you on the show this evening. Would you like some tea, Mr. Thorn
Cait
Oct 09, 2011 Cait rated it did not like it
I'm going to start of this review with.....

Story time!

Warning: do not try this at home. You may or may not get injured and some very severe scolding will follow. I also begrudgingly give this book 1.5 stars as a rating.

One day, when I was about 8 or so, my family and I made our yearly trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan. This island is different in the way that no cars or any kind of automobiles whatsoever are allowed, so everyone rides on their bikes around the 1 1/2 mile island in order
John Egbert
Oct 14, 2011 John Egbert rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: *starts to cry* I-I wouldn't recommend this book to the person that SLAUGHTERED MY FAMILY
Recommended to John by: ...this was my own fault...
Before reading Hades

How can you trick someone into getting on a motorcycle? Either they get on, or they don't get on. Motorcycles aren't like cars. And what does angel Bethany want with a motorcycle anyway? SHE CAN FLY. Or, I'm assuming she can. Who knows, maybe Halo angels are just so lame they can't even use their wings to fly. *shudders from pure lameness*

Perhaps the conversation went something like this:

Jake: Hey Bethany. Why don't you get in my van on my motorcycle? I'll give you a lift...
B
Rebecca
Jan 30, 2012 Rebecca rated it liked it
Oh come on girls it is a book about romance and that is why we buy them. If you want to good read, non-fiction is the way to go. Stop complaining about how the writer did this or didn't do that. You brought these books because it is a girl meets boy with a bit of action with it end of story.
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Um. I might just have to read this because it sounds so dang ridiculous. When I read the words "tricked into a motorcycle ride to Hell" ... I had a hysterical laughing fit. And I enjoyed writing my ranting review for Halo. So, maybe it's worth it just to read it and ... well ... do what I do to ridiculous books.

*Edit* Okay, the description of the plot is now more detailed. Soooo, they accidentally summon Jake through a seánce? And then he tricks Bethany into taking a motorcycle ride ... ? What?
Dinjolina
*Goes around whistling*

Wait!
What?

HADES?????!!!!
Do you know what Hades is?

Let me wikipedia you:

Hades (English pronunciation: /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης}, Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen"[1]) refers both to the ancient Greek underworld, the abode of Hades, and to the god of the underworld.

So.What does it have to do with Christianity?
The previous book was an insult to believers all over the world for sure, because we read
Sadia
So I wonder if I've ever told you people how much I love making lists. Yep. I spend hours on my things to do and other random lists.

Here's one I'm sharing with you.

Things I'd probably do while trying to read HADES

Leaf through the pagesdescription
Endure description
Shake head in disbelief description
Raise my blood pressure description
Grind my molars to dust description
Be stupefied beyond belief description
Kill my brain cells description
Go to sleep description
Watch tv description
Read another book description
Laugh hysterically description
Scream in my pillow description
Have a good time
Enjoy reading

Now that almost all of these
Kogiopsis
Aug 22, 2011 Kogiopsis marked it as not-with-a-ten-foot-pole
I don't have to read the book to know what a disaster it must be, especially considering what preceded it.

But just for kicks, let's break down this synopsis, shall we?

"Bethany and Xavier are even closer since battling Jake Thorn and his evil influence (in Halo) and Beth and her angel siblings must still protect Venus Cove from the Dark Forces.

When a party game – a séance – inadvertently releases Jake from the Underworld, he disguises himself and tricks Beth into taking a ride on his motorcycle.
Katya
Sep 11, 2011 Katya rated it did not like it
I... I ah... I can't even... What am I supposed to say here? This is just one of these books you knew, going into it, that you were never going to like it, and yet, after you finish it, you remain with a sour taste in your mouth.

Of course, that begs the question as to why I bothered reading it in the first place (in fact, I expect that question soon), and I will adress it... later on. Let me tell you, pure masochism has little to do with it.

On the positive side, Hades is better than its predece
V
Sep 26, 2013 V rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, fiction
Have you ever read a book, or watched a movie/TV series, where you just didn't understand why anybody would like this (in your own opinion) utter dreck? You then voice this opinion, only to be shot down by fans who tell you either to stick your head where the sun doesn't shine, or: “Oh, episode/book 1 was terrible. But I persevered and fell in love with it.”

Generally it seems that's what happens with a lot of media. Catching Fire was, in my opinion, better than The Hunger Games. Every series has
Cassandra
Mar 24, 2011 Cassandra rated it did not like it
WHAT!? She is tricked in riding a motorcycle? How?

I am sorry, but it ticks me off how stupid and childish she made what's-her-face. I understand she is a angel just "born", but seriously? Can you at least make her a little bad ass? I like bad ass heriones. Not the little crying whinny girls. I understand that there are moments where that it is called for, but through out the whole series of books?

What the hell are you thinking Andornetto? Why don't you grow up a bit before publishing what you
Torzilla
Mar 23, 2011 Torzilla marked it as to-read
Wishing people would stop rating books before they become available.

Also, mildly interested in reading about the potential train wreck... how do you get tricked into a motorcycle ride? Roofies?
hayden
Dear World,
Please do not question my sanity. I promise I have not lost it. I am reading this for the freaking lulz AND THAT'S IT.
Sincerely, Me.

While I'm writing my review, you may entertain yourselves by reading my 46 status updates below. Thank you, come again.

Also, notice the addition of three stars. That means my review is coming
REAL SOON, I promise!

Review: 1.5 stars
First impressions are deceiving.
I have fourteen years’ worth of anecdotal proof that this theory is true, but the one example
Haleema
May 17, 2012 Haleema added it
Shelves: shitfest
Okay, what in the world is this cover about?

Is that Bethany on a motorcycle?

description

The absurdity... it burns.

Oh, well. It's a good think she's not an angel or that would have been really stupid. Phew!
Mark
Feb 03, 2011 Mark marked it as to-read
I don't think people should give a book stars before it comes out.
Brandon
Sep 02, 2012 Brandon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome-books
OMG this book is AMAZING!!!!
Katie(babs)
Jul 26, 2011 Katie(babs) rated it did not like it
Hades by Alexandra Adornetto is the sequel to Halo that’s riding the angel train for all its worth. Although I felt Halo was lacking in so many ways, there was some enjoyable moments to it that made me want to pick up Hades. What a big mistake on my end. I feel the only reason Alexandra got published is because of her age. Publishing is giddy when they can find authors under a certain age. They must think they’re sensations, much like pop singers, if the author who’s not of legal age writes a ...more
Taneika
More of my reviews can be found at Flipping Through the Pages!

Let me begin by saying that this book will be given 1.5 stars instead of 1. The only reason for this is the fact that whilst I still hated it with a passion, stuff happened (not necessarily a plot), but things apart from "I love Xavier's hair" happened.

I don't even know where to start. There is a countless number of contradictions and inconsistencies in this instalment... The first one I noticed occured in the first three pages...
"It
Howdy YAL

To See full review with pictures, videos, and Colonel Sanders click here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/201...

This piece of sanctimonious shit doesn't even deserve a star.

Let's start off by being nice. Because it's always good to be nice right? Unlike Halo. Hades actually had a plot. Sort of. Things actually happen in Hades. Grant it, the plot is still pretty flimsy but it's there.

Okay, now that's the only good thing I have to say about this piece of shit. I have read a lot of awful books i
Mel
Feb 09, 2012 Mel marked it as to-read-for-the-lulz
The cover certainly looks better than the original awkwardly coloured one, but you know what they say. Polish a turd... it's still a turd.
Jessy MelodyofBooks
Die Rezension findet ihr hier: https://youtu.be/CikyDfFimMQ
Laurel
Bethany Church, the perfect little angel from Halo, has forced me to create a new shelf, called “WHO LET YOU BE HEROINE?

Because really, Bethany, who in their right mind would let someone like you be the heroine of their book. Answer: people who have some vendetta against interesting, flawed, and actually likable characters.

Hades sets off on a journey six months after the events of Halo with Xavier and Bethany being murdly in lurve and such. Haha, I’m saying events like something actually happen
Khanh (the Grinch)
Is this the adolescent girl version of The Stupidest Angel?
Kat
Jun 24, 2011 Kat rated it really liked it
Ok, this book was wayyy better than Halo. For all you guys who wonder how she got tricked into riding a bicycle, here's a reality check: Jake's a demon. He can do whatever the hell (pun intended) he wants. (view spoiler)
Hades had a LOT more action than Halo, so it went by much faster. I think this book a
Nishtha
Sep 24, 2011 Nishtha rated it it was ok
2 stars,
Book was entertaining, in all kinda of wrong ways. It was so bad that couldn't put it down.

So predictable, I mean my little cousins would even figure out the ending.

The amount of cliché's used in this book is amazing. Just imagine all the clichés in the world were copy-pasted into this book.

2 stars, for making me laugh you silly book.
Elle!
Disclaimer : Rant Rating Level. Off the freaking Charts. Cursing involved. I tried to keep it informative as well. Not working like he misspelled poster below. Yes I know it spelled wrong.

Hades_zps2ebcde13

First Sentence: When the final bell sounded at Bryce Hamiliton , Xavier and I gathered our things and headed out onto the south lawn.

Of course you and Xavier headed to the south lawn. You're freaking Gorilla Glued together.

Summary: Bethany Church is tricked and kidnapped by the evil Jake Thorn and is stuck in “
Melissa
Jul 08, 2011 Melissa rated it did not like it
Shelves: don-t-read, stupid
Arrggh! What do I write about this book? Being a religious person it was so hard to read about a heaven and a hell that are so completely not what I believe. I am so glad that this world does not exist and is only trapped in this story. The violence in this book and the references to sex and a couple of almost rape scene had my reeling. In one breath you are reading about God and his goodness and the next about a demon orgee!!! The love story is soooo sappy and over the top,but it does fit in ...more
Linna
Apr 20, 2011 Linna marked it as curious-about
Shelves: paranormal
I feel kind of bad for lol'ing at the cover...
Octavia
Sep 19, 2016 Octavia rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
“'Are you okay, Huggie Bear?' I asked, protectively reaching up to fix his hair. I didn’t like it when his friends played rough.”

Honestly, you don’t even need to read this review. That quote is all you need to know the laughable stupidity of this series. The book is a treasure trove of quotes with ridiculous things like that. As you may have determined from that quote, our main character is an absolute IDIOT. Possibly the dumbest of protagonists I have ever read, and that’s saying a lot.

I would
Katie  (Books and Katie)
Jan 13, 2013 Katie (Books and Katie) rated it really liked it
On My Blog: Books and Katie

Rating:

Summary:

Bethany and Xavier managed to keep their love strong against the struggles they faced in the first book. However, will it be strong enough to survive the depths of Hell?

Can their love survive against all odds?

Review:

So, to begin my review I will say that again, I was very very very happy with this book and this trilogy so far.

I do not know if the author herself is a Christian, but I have never read a book quite like this. It is a religious story, I ass
sorry, but HADES SUCKS 71 128 Aug 08, 2016 02:22AM
Who do you think Beth should date, Xavier Woods or Jake Thorn 15 45 Nov 18, 2015 06:12PM
O-O**FOR TWILIGHT AND HALO FANS* Who's the better fictional character, Bethany or Bella? B v. B--In the books not the movie!! 7 37 Aug 22, 2014 01:23AM
Why didn't Bethany just jump off? 9 46 Sep 15, 2013 07:43PM
Is anyone else a little disappointed?? 13 48 Sep 03, 2013 09:05PM
Hades by Alexandra Adornetto 8 26 Oct 03, 2012 10:40PM
wHICH ONE IS HAWT N YYY 4 21 Oct 03, 2012 10:31PM
  • Muse (Mercy, #3)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Lemniscate (Angel Star, #2)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Black Halo (Grace, #3)
  • Book of Revenge (Knight Angels, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Eternal (Immortal, #3)
  • Twisted (Intertwined, #3)
  • All You Desire (The Eternal Ones, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
Alexandra Emily Adornetto was born on the 18th of April 1992 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. She is the only child of an English Teacher and a Drama Teacher and attended, in her own words, "many" schools including MacRobertson Girls' High School, Ruyton Girls' School and Eltham College. She has loved stories for as long as she can remember. In 2006, she won the State Legacy Public Speaking ...more
More about Alexandra Adornetto...

Halo (3 books)
  • Halo (Halo, #1)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)

“I hope the two of you will descend from your love bubble long enough to learn something today," he sniped cuttingly and the other kids snickered. Embarrassed, I ducked my head to avoid eye contact with them.
"It's all right, sir," Xavier replied. "The bubble's been engineered to allow us to learn from within it.”
44 likes
“A body is merely a vehicle. The deepest emotions are experienced through the soul.” 39 likes