Start by marking “Sorelle” as Want to Read:
Sorelle
read excerpt* *Different edition

Sorelle

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Per la prima volta dopo anni le quattro sorelle MacLeod si ritrovano sotto lo stesso tetto, nella casa dei genitori. L'occasione sono le nozze della bella e vanitosa Natalie, tutta presa a organizzare il suo matrimonio perfetto. Attorno all'evento, in un caleidoscopico e scoppiettante confronto, si concentrano i piccoli grandi drammi di ognuna: Avril, agente cinematografic ...more
465 pages
Published 2008 by Oscar Mondadori

To ask other readers questions about Sorelle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorelle

Tea Jovanović
Zabavam ženski roman, čik-lit :)
Chloe
The MacLeod sisters are all incredibly different, and boy don’t they know it. Eldest sister Avril is a successful Hollywood agent, choosing to live life mainly away from her family with the high-flying lead actors and actresses of the film industry. Milly, a mum of 3 is constantly putting on a happy front to her sisters but is desperate to lose weight and get rid of her maternity jogging bottoms for good.

Bride-to-be Natalie is determined to be welcomed into the Potterton-Smythe’s family and that
Zetxb
I didn't expect from it at first, because it's written in Britain English which I'm not really familiar with. I did read few pages one time, then gave it up because it was hard to understand. After few months, I decided to give it another shoot, and this time I made it to the end. It was amazingly good,I like every page of description about characters' characteristics, stories of The MacLeod, stories of the four sisters, their childhood and everything.It's entertaining,and deep at the same time ...more
Maggie
Funny witty made me laugh out loud. This is a wacky family who love each other but have the trials and tribulations of a family. Romance, enmity, family rivalry and a great bitch of a sister. It is all there. For sisters around the world and a good laugh read this one.

Look out for the new book " Looking for LaLa which has been launched by Amazon an is on special offer. It is a fast paced murder mystery which I loved.Great character descriptions which you can identify with.
Ellie Campbell
How to Survive Your Sisters is special to us because the mother in it, Peggy, was based on our own wonderfully wacky eccentric mother – Pam and I wanting to preserve the memories of her originality and humour. Both being writers and coming from a family of four sisters, we also wanted to include the ups and downs of sibling rivalry.

Hope you enjoy!

Now at special price of FREE until 30th March
Kathy Bryson
The opening scene introduces 4 sisters and their conflicts in stark relief. Natalie pities her sister Milly who’s just had her 4th child, Avery condemns Natalie for announcing her wedding plans and stealing the spotlight, and Hazel, who’s not even there, upsets everyone by spreading rumors that the baby was a mistake. As Natalie’s wedding plans progress, all the tensions in this highly dysfunctional family come to light. One boyfriend describes them about halfway through the book, “the entire bl ...more
Marina
Well, I’m not the most appropriate person to review this book probably, simply because I don’t have any siblings. I grew up as an only child with plenty of cousins and friends, but it is not the same. But that didn’t stop me from being a part of Macleod family and enjoying this everything-but-boring book.

The story is centered around the Macleod family and their four daughters: Natalie, Millie, Avril and Hazel. Natalie is getting married and her wedding is certainly an exciting event for the whol
Carla
How is it that sisters can bring you apart and put you back together? They are the pieces of the best and the worst, the history and the future of you; the ones who know your next move, your thoughts, and your deep secrets (sometimes); and they drive you MAD!
The MacLeod sisters are no different. Their parents Peggy - who will talk to anyone and overshare and Callum - despite his drinking problem has a good heart and painful past, has certainly brought together a combination within their girls.
Av
Meredith Schorr

I have two older sisters and know that much of my personality is probably a result of being the youngest of three girls. When I saw this book was about 4 sisters, I had to read it and I was not disappointed. (side note: I think the cover suggests that this book is mainly about Natalie and I would have preferred a cover more "sisterly.")

I will admit that it took me a little while to get into the story. For the first quarter, I couldn't keep the sisters straight. Once I got a solid unders
Silvana
How to survive three sisters and how your parents survive four of you?
Natalie is one of four sisters; she is good looking, blonde and fashionable woman. She likes to be the center of attention of all of the family, but everything she does is to let them know that she is smart and valuable. Always when Natalie wants to prove herself makes a lot of mistakes and annoys the other family members.
Milly is great person, mother of four children and she is the saint in family. Milly cares for all, for
Renee
First let me say "refreshing" that is how I will describe this book. I was loving the witty take on weddings. Of course the entire family is supposed to be bowing at Natalie's feet. She wants the perfect wedding and I will compare her to a bridezilla. The fact that another sister Milly just wants to be out of maternity clothing, and Hazel (love the name) want everyone to take her serious. Avril, could be my fave sister!

The premise is Natalie and Jeremy's wedding. It is ideal and the fact that th
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 4
Book Blog For: NOR
Review:

"How To Survive Your Sisters" by Ellie Campbell was of four sisters and one was getting marriage and wanting the 'perfect wedding' in this chick-lit read.

I will say that the characters seemed to be in a world of their own being well portrayed and so colorful with each sister having their own story. This author did a good job at blending the va
Melissa Stephan
I received this book as part of a First Reads giveaway, meaning I did not pay for it.

This review will be almost entirely spoiler free, spoilers will be in a separate section.

-SPOILER FREE-
What I liked:
I liked this book overall because I enjoyed the characters. Sometimes in books which focus on more than one character the relationships feel forced. Either one character is too flawed or not flawed enough or gets too much or too little attention. I found that this book had the perfect blend of
CNickerson
Family drama and a half with heart

Family drama and a half with heart

This is an excellent novel about a dysfunctional family in Great Britain. All of the humor, uproar and pathos anyone could wish with lots of romance and dashes of substance abuse.
Shelly Broussard
I recieved "How To Survive Your Sisters" through First Reads. It is the story of four sisters with contrasting personalities, differing views about childhood memories, old wounds, and dark secrets that come together for the first time in years to celebrate one's wedding. Tragedy strikes and they fight harder before coming together. The MacLeod sisters reminded me of Marian Keyes' Walsh family, but because the novel was about all four sisters rather than focusing on one, it took me awhile to even ...more
Allie Smith
The MacLeod sisters are four very different individuals who share quite a history. Avril, the oldest, is a dedicated career woman with little time or patience to fall in love and have a relationship. Milly is the overwrought mother of four who is approaching a midlife breakdown. Natalie is the Stepford wife wanna-be who has become an almost intolerable Bridezilla in her attempt to win over her future in-laws. Hazel, the baby of the family, is a vagabond, free-spirited woman-child who gets along ...more
Tammy
A book set in Scotland kind of fun. 4 very different sisters, at first I was mad at all of them and how they acted and treated each other but I had to keep reading because I knew there was more to the story. It was a good read being one of 3 sisters we aren't quite that mean but things are said in the heat of the moment sometimes.
Lilmissmolly
How to Survive Your Sisters by Ellie Campbell is a modern day Little Women, but with grown up sisters aging between late 20's to early-40's. Like in Little Women, there are four Macleod sisters who are as different as strangers. You have a perfectionist, an overweight stressed-out mother, a successful business woman, and a free spirited world traveler. Like all big families, no one ever really forgets past differences, jealousies and resentments. The sisters easily fall into their old ways when ...more
Barbara
Let me just start out by saying, I love free books. I used to be a library wraith, skulking through the aisles of nearby libraries looking for cool, free, clean books to read. It was the clean part that did me in on library books. I found some rather questionable things inside the pages of a few books and that pretty much put me off of libraries forever. Now I use e-readers (I have both a Nook and a Kindle) and love them. I can have a bazillion books with me wherever I go, AND there are actually ...more
Dayreader Reviews
I was gifted this audiobook by Audiobook Jukebox in exchange for an honest review.
How To Survive Your Sisters by Ellie Campbell, which is really two sisters... So they knew what they were talking about when they wrote this book. I loved this book, so my little joke here is: What do you get when you cross an English mum, A Hollywood Agent, a Bride to be and a free spirited baby of the family... One very funny book!
This book is centered around on Natalie getting married, and all of the sisters bei
Keshia
I happened to get this book for free via Amazon, and it was a good read. This book was not at all what I expected. It seemingly was about sisters who constantly bickered and were night and day different, but this family actually had a lot of secrets in the closet. This book will not disappoint.
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
Part of what makes a book great is the characters, and How TO Survive Your Sister has so many. They are flawed and funny. There was an amazing voice that each sister had and it was interesting following all of them. In addition, it had a great storyline, that flowed well and their was true sense of authenticity in the writing!! 4 stars!
Julie
Hilarious, true to life. Sisters know everything, from the first kiss to the time you snuck out to go to a concert, and all the in betweens. They have pictures of your ridiculous us perm from 6th grade and aren't afraid to use it. This book captures that spirit in a functionally dysfunctional family and a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Anne
This was an enjoyable portrayal of some intense family dynamics. Take four very different sisters, a wedding, sibling rivalry, insecurities, family secrets and lies throw it all together and you have a story that was amusing and believable.
Toni Dobbins
I won this book thru a Good Reads give-a-way. I loved the characters and found the book to be good read that I finished within a couple of days. The characters are well developed and full of personality and humor. A fun book for summer.
Jacqueline
This was definitely a cute read about how no matter the differences and arguments your sisters are always right there.
Roberta
Si fa leggere, ma non è questo granchè. I personaggi sono troppo stereotipati e le vicende inverosimili, compreso il finale.
Lyn
This is a really fun read. Sibling rivalry, romance, travel, familial love, and much, much more!!
Lauren
Easy, enjoyable chick-lit read.
WiLoveBooks
Siblings. Drama. Family secrets. I loved this story about four very different sisters. Having a couple of sisters myself, I could really relate to the story. Like how sometimes they were the best of friends and other times at each other's throats. Even though there were British phrases that I didn't really understand, there was still a lot to relate to in this story. The story is centered around Natalie as she is planning for her wedding. She becomes a bit of a bridezilla, even being embarrassed ...more
  • Lady Dearing's Masquerade
  • Kelsey's Song
  • The Battered Heiress Blues
  • An Island Christmas
  • The Seduction of Dylan Acosta
  • Sleeping With Dogs and Other Lovers: A Second Acts Novel
  • Wellesley Wives
  • Thirty Days Have September (Thirty Days, #1)
  • Wuthering Nights: An Erotic Retelling of Wuthering Heights
  • The Secrets of Married Women
  • The Perfect Elizabeth: A Tale of Two Sisters
  • Wicked and Wonderful
  • Iced Romance
  • Chocolate Dreams at the Gingerbread Cafe (The Gingerbread Cafe #2)
  • Christmas at the Beach (Novella)
  • Wreathed
  • Places I Never Planned
  • The Secret Life Of Evie Hamilton
Ellie Campbell is the author name for two sisters, Lorraine Campbell and Pam Burks, who write together collaborating by phone and email from Surrey, UK and Colorado, USA. They have published four books, How To Survive Your Sisters, When Good Friends Go Bad, Looking For La La and To Catch a Creeper.
More about Ellie Campbell...
Looking for La La When Good Friends Go Bad To Catch A Creeper: A Crouch End Confidential Mystery WHAT'S SO FUNNY ABOUT MURDER: 7 complete humorous Mysteries by 7 authors