Start by marking “Jed McKenna's Notebook: All Bonus Content from the Enlightenment Trilogy” as Want to Read:
Jed McKenna's Notebook: All Bonus Content from the Enlightenment Trilogy

Jed McKenna's Notebook: All Bonus Content from the Enlightenment Trilogy

Chapters Include: Recipe for Failure, 3 Interviews with Jed, Impersonating Jed McKenna, Blues for Buddha, Zen and the Art of Self-Mutilation, Mannahatta (The Journey to the Shaman, Kill the Swiss, Improbability, My Uncle the Vampire, Bookstore Guru, City Lights, Death & Discrimination) I, Witness, The New World, The Golden Door, Visionary Goofballs, Nothing Forever: A ...more
Published June 13th 2009 by Smashwords Edition (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Jed McKenna's Notebook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jed McKenna's Notebook

Eric
Jan 31, 2012 Eric rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I suppose that if you are checking this book out, you've already read and liked the other 3 books (or at least the first and third). If you like Jed's style, you will love this book. It's excellent! Highly recommended.

I loved the first Jed McKenna book and have reread it many times since. However I must admit I was quite skeptical of this kind of book. Bonus material compilation from the previous books? But when I finally got to reading it, I was so pleasantly surprised. Parts of it were incredi
Del
Mar 21, 2011 Del rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nondual
Jed's not for everyone, but I take a meandering approach to this nonduality stuff and refuse to get "stuck" on a single teacher. Reading his material is like getting a good slap of reality. Some of us need it, but others of us will become really irritated by the sting.

All in all, his books are worth reading for the heavy anti-guru aspect alone. This short book, in particular, was my favorite of the three. It's much more succint. Lots of gems in here, lots of food for thought. He excels at pullin
Monty
Feb 02, 2010 Monty rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure about this author who cannot be found on the Internet--no photo, no website, no email or other address. I think I was supposed to read The Enlightenment Trilogy first, but I didn't. I think his point is that to attain enlightenment, you don't need to meditate or go to workshops or find a guru or whatever. What you need to do is observe yourself internally and eventually come to the conclusion that you are not your ego. He synthesizes his beliefs to: Truth exists; untruth does not. O ...more
Alexandru Jr.
May 21, 2012 Alexandru Jr. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
gata.
am citit tot ce a publicat mckenna.
ffff interesant.
da o sa revin cu o recenzie m detaliata m tarziu.
ca inca nu prea stiu ce sa spun.
vreo mie de pagini de pdf intr-o saptamana. citite dintr-o rasuflare. asta pe langa o gramada de lucruri pe care le mai aveam de facut. si asta cred ca spune tot ce merita spus, pana la urma.
cu o gramada de lucruri am empatizat, altele le-am vrut in momentul in care le citeam, pentru altele nu ma simteam pregatit.
dar na.
nu cred ca pot spune ceva coerent deocamd
Dean
I actually enjoyed this one possibly more than the Trilogy and Theory of Everything. It had some excellent writings later in the book about the practice of 'witnessing', one of the best descriptions of it that I've read. However, the material will likely not make much sense without having read the Trilogy. If you enjoyed that work, you'll enjoy this one too.
Dean
Sjoerd Weening
May 06, 2013 Sjoerd Weening rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jed Mckenna is volgens mij de gaafste schrijver over spiritualiteit en dit is zijn beste boek. (Al zegt hij zelf een hekel aan spiritualiteit te hebben.) Een nadeel; het puberale, tegendraadse toontje. Rode rozen rood verven.
Rebecca Fitch
Rebecca Fitch rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2014
Paulius
Paulius rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2010
Jodie
Jodie rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2012
Wade
Wade rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2011
shnane
shnane rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Marcel Graumans
Marcel Graumans rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014
Hal Boyd
Hal Boyd rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Wade
Wade rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2011
T. Sebastian
T. Sebastian rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2012
Derek
Derek rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Karen Berg-Raftakis
Karen Berg-Raftakis rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Jedidiah Brown
Jedidiah Brown rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Carol Stewart-High
Carol Stewart-High rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Shane
Shane rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2015
Tern
Tern rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Andre M. Felippa
Andre M. Felippa rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2012
Tony
Tony rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2015
Corinne
Corinne rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2013
Valeriy Popov
Valeriy Popov rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2013
Loriann
Loriann rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Robin Frainetti
Robin Frainetti rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016