Start by marking “Batman: Cat And The Bat” as Want to Read:
Batman: Cat And The Bat

Batman: Cat And The Bat (Modern Batman #14)

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Batman is the protector of the people of Gotham City, aided by sidekick Robin... and Barbara Gordon, the police commissioner's daughter, better known as Batgirl. Now, Batgirl and Catwoman keep coming to blows over a notebook stolen from Commissioner Gordon.
Published January 1st 2010 by Titan] (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

Candice M (tinylibrarian)
I was very excited when I read about this coming out as I love both Batgirl and Catwoman. Instead of a cool battle between two strong, interesting female leads, however, it was more like some guy's (ok, fine, plenty of guys' and some girls') fantasy of two hot chicks fighting over Batman.

While I'm sure that will appeal to many readers, it really disappointed me, as Batgirl and Catwoman were just relegated to auxiliary characters once again.
Jeff
The Cat and the Bat tells the story of how Batgirl and Catwoman first met. Told from the point of view of both characters, the two engage in a cat-and-mouse game across Gotham to gain possession of Commissioner Gordon's secret notebook - a note book that can expose the secrets of the Gotham underworld and change the balance of power in the city.

This story is a hoot from beginning to end. Kevin McGuire's expressive faces pair perfectly with Nicieza's writing, presenting a green-behind-the-ears Ba
Lukas
An entertaining read, if not fantastic. Nicieza's humor, paired with Maguire's art makes for a nice combination, although the facial expressions Maguire peppers throughout are the clear draw here. It's nice to see Batman, Catwoman, and Batgirl in a more humorous light, and one does have to credit Fabian with mixing the light moments with the darker ones professionally.

In the end, not a must read, but not a bad way to spend an hour or so.
Rachel Searcey
I didn't like the first half, but the second part was very entertaining and well written.

The first part was pretty boring. Basically Cat Woman steals something from Bat Girl (who stole it from her dad), and they spend the entire time chasing each other across Gotham. This is all done with overly sexual poses and various stages of undress (fully clothed, to full on nudity, to ripped up costumes). There's also some inner dialog from both parties that boils down to "OMG I can't believe Batman hang
Adam
This was a lot of fun. Silly, but not too silly. Batman only makes two brief appearances in this five-issue story arc. Mostly it's about Batgirl and Catwoman, chasing each other and fighting over possession of a stolen notebook over the course of one crazy night in Gotham City. Kevin Maguire's art is wonderful. The expressions on his characters' faces are much more expressive than is usual for the comic medium, and the way he draws women is really sexy. Both Catwoman and Batgirl are slim and ath ...more
Yves
Dans cette bande dessinée, on suit Batwoman à la poursuite de Catwoman qui a volé un carnet de note du Commissaire Gordon. C'est la première aventure de Barbara Gorgon en tant que Batwoman.

C'est une bonne petite aventure amusante à lire mais sans plus. Il y quelques moments cocasses comme celui où Batwoman se retrouve dans un club de nudiste et qu'elle doit se découvrir pour pouvoir continuer son chemin.

Ce que j'ai moins aimé c'est que cette aventure porte en gros le nom de Batman alors qu'il n'
David
Not the greatest series (Batman Confidential) and issue #18 is really bizarre with its fight between Catwoman and Batgirl in the buff.
Steve
Batgirl and Catwoman in a skimpy- (and sometimes no-) clothed night long duel? What's not to love?

In all seriousness, I really enjoyed this novel. I don't have too much knowledge of Batgirl, but really enjoyed the the portrayal of a really raw talent nagged by doubts about what she does on night-time. It was great to see that up against Catwoman - everything Batgirl wants to be except on the wrong side of the law.

The artwork, other than a few niggly panels, was a high standard.
J.M. Hushour
This is one of those Batman comics that you always wondered if they existed. They do, my friends. Although there is a plot, the backbone of this story is an extended, clothes-shredding battle across the rooftops of Gotham City between Batgirl and Catwoman. Wait, it gets better. At one point, Catwoman, in order to escape, leads Batgirl into a private orgy club where clothes are not allowed. Yes, yes, yes this has something to do with the plot, but who cares!
Dwayne Keller
A fun read about Batgirl trying to keep a notebook of her father's safe. She has to fight Catwoman for it, along with a rogues gallery of Batman enemies. Batman shows up too. I enjoyed this fun adventure.
Ryan
Utter sexist rubbish designed to show Batgirl and Catwoman in "sexy" poses.
AVOID like the plague, this "book" is everything that's wrong with comics.
Makes me sick, and no I don't hate comics I own almost 500 graphic novels including a lot of Batgirl and Batman, this is quite possibly my most hated and I wish I read it before buying online.
Bill Williams
Awesome little caper where Catwoman steals Commissioner Gordon's notebook from Batgirl. The two chase each other across the rooftops, stealing the book back from each other. The story is engaging enough, but the art by Kevin Maguire is fantastic. Fun read.
Hated the art style, they tried to be too expressive with Batgirl and it just made her look like she was making faces the whole time. The story was decent though if a bit campy.
Sonic
Very fun take on Catwoman meets Batgirl. Very funny, and the the art was superb! Very dynamic, consistent and expressive illustration.
Rosa
This was a fun quick read. I always love Barbara Gordon Batgirl and I liked reading about her and Catwoman's first meeting.
Martin
Batgirl and Catwoman ripping into each other across the rooftops of Gotham. Fine fanboy fun and very appealingly drawn.
Allen Setzer
Fun story, well paced and full of character. I am never disappointed in anything Fabian Nicieza writes.
John Yelverton
This was a very odd, yet very well done tale of Batgirl and Catwoman and their utter differences.
Declan
Very entertaining read. Excellent Batgirl/Catwoman story. Great writing and great art.
Bruno
Silly. And a little bit weird. But mostly harmless and silly.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Long Vũ
Long Vũ marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
  • Batman and the Mad Monk
  • Batgirl, Vol. 5: Kicking Assassins
  • The Sleeper Omnibus
  • Knight and Squire
Fabian Nicieza is an American comic book writer and editor who is best known for his work on Marvel titles such as X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, Cable and Deadpool, and Thunderbolts, for all of which he helped create numerous characters.
More about Fabian Nicieza...

Modern Batman (1 - 10 of 78 books)
  • Batman: Year One
  • Batman Confidential, Vol. 5: Dead to Rights
  • Batman: Four of a Kind
  • Batman: The Long Halloween
  • Batman: Haunted Knight
Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 1: If Looks Could Kill Deadpool Classic, Vol. 1 Red Robin, Vol. 3: The Hit List Bruce Wayne: The Road Home Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 2: The Burnt Offering