How to Get a Great Job: A Library How-To Handbook

How to Get a Great Job: A Library How-To Handbook

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In our difficult time, or at any time, knowing how to find a great job is a necessary
skill. All the resources you need for a successful job search are at your
fingertips—and completely free—at your public library. It can be a daunting
task, so here is expert advice on how to conduct proper research, build networks
of friends and colleagues, put together a...more
Published April 1st 2011 by American Library Association

Jennie
A modern publication talking about some very important parts of your job search. I love that it mentions Toronto, Ontario Canada. Cute pictures and easy to read text. Effective for first time job hunter or one with experience. Loved that it outlined things NOT TO ASK during potential job conversations. Worth your time.
Shannon Iggy
I thought this was going to to contain more information. I already knew most of what was written in here though it was nice to brush up on a few things. This would be a great graduation gift. I don't regret buying this book but if I had known what it contained I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
Beth Wood
Well-laid-out, concise approach to job hunting.
Jeannie
Not much in here I didn't already know but thought it'd be good to bone up on modern library resources since I grew up in the card-catalog age! Very good tips on resume writing and great links for job searching.
Lesley
This is a great book for someone coming out of college or a person that has never held a job outside the home.
Anne
This was FAR too basic for my needs. However, it would be good for someone just starting their search.
Sal
Sal marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Vanesa Bryan
Vanesa Bryan marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Lizette
Lizette marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Michelle Mikolajczyk
Michelle Mikolajczyk marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
Lauren
Lauren added it
Oct 05, 2012
Alexander Fontana
Alexander Fontana marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2012
Kimmie
Kimmie marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2012
Amanda Heideman
Amanda Heideman marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2011
Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules RDA: Resource Description & Access Anglo-American Cataloging Rules The Newbery And Caldecott Awards: A Guide To The Medal And Honor Books ALA Guide to Medical & Health Sciences Reference