Start by marking “Never Mind!” as Want to Read:
Never Mind!

Never Mind!

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  714 ratings  ·  95 reviews
Edward and Meg are like night and day. How could such different people be twins? Well, they are, but they don't have to like it -- or each other. For seventh grade, brainy Meg is attending ultra-competitive Fischer, while freewheeling Edward goes to an alternative school downtown. But it's just when they're finally out of each other's shadows that the trouble begins. Meg's...more
Published May 1st 2005 by Perfection Learning (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Never Mind!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Mind!

Andrea
Never Mind! is about twin siblings, Meg and Edward, who get caught up in a lie. Meg is new to a school for gifted students and longs to join the exclusive Club for High Achievers (CHA). To ensure her chances for membership into this club, she lies that her gorgeous twin brother's rock band will perform at a CHA member's birthday party. Her brother Edward is not gorgeous nor is he in a rock band. Edward finds out about this lie and accidentally creates a rock band to perform at the party to humil...more
Chloe
Mar 11, 2014 Chloe rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My Family
Recommended to Chloe by: Librarian
Meg and Edward are twins, yet they are unique. Meg is a bright girl and attends Fischer High. Edward acts like he is not that smart and likes to goof around.

Soon, Meg and Edward change their attitude towards each other. Edward does not want to perform in his band called Never MIND. Meg becomes concerned about Edward's lack of interest in his band. To make matters worse, Meg's friends are spreading false rumors about her boyfriend named Ted. Edward is sympathetic and shows concern over the false...more
Macray
NEVER MIND By: Rachel Vail

The main character are meg and Edward, are twins. They both live in the same apartment on 101th street.

Both Meg and Edward think, hate being twin.

Meg Edward are so annoyed by each other. Edward can't decide "should I stay in the band or quit band?" Everybody thinks Meg has a boyfriend but she doesn't. Meg is so annoyed by the rumor.

NEVER MIND teaches the reader lessons like...

1. Growing up is hard but reading about someone else growing up could help you grow up.

2. Don...more
Olivia R-g
The book Never Mind is a perfect teen book. This book is filled with drama of two twins Meg and Edward. They both learn about going trough seventh grade at separate schools while trying to fit in. If you like drama and gossip this book is perfect for you. I think this book is good because it is very realistic. The things that happen in this book can happen in real life and it shows how girls, and boys try to be "popular". I really liked reading this book because it was written from two perspecti...more
L
I am using this again with my reading class - fun story of twins - Meg and Edward. Would be a great Disney movie!
Elizabeth
In my opinion, Never Mind! by Avi Rachel Vail is a very good book i really liked it.It reminds me so much of my real family.Mostly because i have a little sister(not my twin)and she is kind of like Edward,very annoying....sometimes.The weakness in this book,is nothing i understood it,I knew what was going on,and the book is really funny.I would recommend this book who is really into humor.My favorite twin is Meg,the reason is,is that she is smarter than her older twin brother GIRL POWER.Never Mi...more
Damon Lee
This book is a flipflop book with two narrators. it switches narrators from chapter to chapter and each narrator is by a different author. the narrators are twins (brother&sister) who are completely opposite of each other. For example, height, looks, popularity, etc. Basically what happens is the brother starts a band that gets "popular" and the sister's popular friends all want a piece of the band members. the sister has a crush on the band leader who is actually her brother. in the end, wh...more
Zhen
Edward and Meg think they're both like night and day, even their mother. But they're twins so they do have some things in common and that's how I figured it out when both of them s=began to plan to trick on each other. Meg is the one that's always getting the straight A's in school but it's a different story for Edward. It all started with a phone call because Meg didn't want people to know that her twin brother is Edward. Not only that but she didn't even want people to know she even has a twin...more
Nick G.
I just read the book Never Mind by Avi Rachel Vail. This book is about two twins who are compete opposites. First of when they started middle school their parents had put them in different schools. Meg goes to this Honors school called Fischer and Edward goes to a less gifted school. So now the school year Has started and Meg starts to find friends at Fischer. One of those friends is having a party so Meg hears from a phone call about the party but Edward is listening in on the phone call from...more
Payton I
I thought that this was a really good book. It had some twist and turns that happened. This book is about twins that are totally opposites that have never had the same interests. They are always fighting and never agree. They are complete opposites. Edward the brother has gotten really good at listening on in Meg phone calls. He even learned how to make it look like he hung up but he is really listening. Meg tries to get into this really cool party that is the best one of the year. She said her...more
Kerry
It is always so much fun to read new books ordered for the library over the summer. I chose this one first because I love Avi and was intrigued with the concept of a book being narrated by twins (one a boy, one a girl). Despite what everyone says, not all twins are best friends and finish each other's sentences and are attached at the hip. Meg and Edward don't get along and are nothing alike. Meg is smart and popular and neat and a great athlete. Edward is, well, the polar opposite.

When Kimberl...more
Solace Mngo
The title of the book is Never Mine by Rachel Vail.
I think the ending of the story was effective because it ended with, “Never Mind”. I thought that was interesting to end with the title of the book.
The reader of this book may appeal teenagers because it's based on two teens.
When Meg is attending Ultra-Competitive Fischer and Edward goes to Alternative School downtown.
Never Mine by Rachel Vail is a book about two twins who are totally different from each other.
For seventh grade, brainy Meg i...more
Sky *daughter of Hermes*
Nevermind!: A Twin Novel showed me that your brother or sister always wants something more from you. Margret wanted Edward to be a big fantastic rock star!! But the question still rose upon me: Was Edward a fantastic rock star after all? In the end I noticed that yeah he was, to Meg and his reader.
My siblings still think that one day I'm going to be a big shot soccer player. So now I'm the one they look up to and go for their problems. We may not be twins but we are a lot alike in personality....more
Tamara
Eh. It was ok. There were way too many times in which the title was used in extremely inappropriate and nonsensical places. Although, it did give me a great new word: twindom.

Favorite Quotes:

Is there, in life, worse torture than a heart-to-heart with your father while he is wearing a lacy apron and rubber gloves and the refrigerator is attacking you from behind? I think not.

(an awkward conversation between a father and his daughter about a boy crush leads to the following...)
him: I want this...more
Arlenis
Noam Landau
I really like this book. This book was written in the perspective of twins. Every chapter is written ether by Edward or by Meg. This book is funny because Meg makes up a twin sibling named Ted. Ted is actually Edward, but Meg pretends that Edward is a super star that goes to a very difficult school to get into. So Edward pretends to be Ted and creates a band called "Never Mind". Meg also comes up with the name "Never Mind" but Edward and Meg do not know that they came up with the same name for t...more
Julie
BOOKTALK: Edward and Meg are like night and day. They do not look alike, they do not act alike and they do not have anything in common, other than being twins! They are entering seventh grade and they will finally be in different schools, but oddly enough, that is when the trouble begins. They will have a showdown that you will not believe. But NEVER MIND, you will have to read the book to find out more about how Meg ends up with an imaginary boyfriend and Edward is in an imaginary rock band!
B-haj
Jenny
Edward and Meg are fraternal twins and they are as different as night and day. They now go to different schools, Meg at brainy Fischer, and Edward at an alternative school. Meg is desperate to make friends, so she makes up a "cool" twin, Ted, who has a band, and they will be playing at Kim's party on Saturday. Only Ted doesn't exist. But Edward eavesdropped on the phone call, and he thinks this is the perfect way to embarrass Meg. Let the chaos begin . . .
Sella Malin
Feb 18, 2008 Sella Malin rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
it's pretty good. the book is about a pair of twins who are as opposite as "night and day" and don't really like each other but it turns out that they really think alike; they both thought up the same band name to make up for their imaginary bands without consulting each other. I like how each chapter switches off from one twin to the other; it's interesting seeing things happen from each different point of view.
Stargirl
In this book so far I know that there are to twins,Edward and Meg.Meg wants to go to a high performance school and her family doesn't think the high performance school they think she should hold off on it for now, but she doesn't want to.Edward and Meg are very different. Meg is smart and Edward is not so smart. I love reading this book.
Megan
Meg and Edward are complete opposites that just happen to share DNA. These battling, fraternal twins must overcome their differences and learn that they each have something to teach the other. There are several laugh-out-loud parts of this book, and readers will no doubt see parts of themselves in Meg or Edward; perhaps both!
Debbie
Oct 12, 2007 Debbie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: alternating character chapters
Twins Meg and Edward are night and day different. Characters are in 7th grade. Each character takes turns telling a chapter of the story. Meg wants to be a part of the popular crowd, and Ed trys to sabatoge her efforts. Lies are told by both, things get more complicated with every turn of the page.... kind of a humerous read.
Christine
I only read this to screen it for Lizzy. But I found it laugh-out-loud funny in parts. A quick, entertaining read if you don't mind being reminded of the horrors of seventh grade. And, yes, perfectly clean, although the social dynamics would be way over Lizzy's head.
Sam
Aug 16, 2013 Sam rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens, siblings
Two identical twins, brother and sister, who bother each other constantly. Told from each perspective so we can hear the 'whole' story. It was an okay book, not my favourite. The siblings face new challenges with new schools, and have to find a way to get along.
Jessica Gong
this is a really great book,because you get to see the book from 2 character's point of view instead of just 1 like most books
Fripper
This is such a great book.After I finished reading it,i scowered a my huge bookshelf to try to find something like it. I didnt have any luck.This book is in first person perspective but in each chapter a different twin speaks.I would highly reccomend it.
Nikki
it's the kind of book i didn;t wanted to read but it was hilarious. how two different persons can actually think alike. it clearly shows how to get along with you twin(if u have one). but i didn't regret that i bought and read this.
NEVER MIND 1 12 Oct 28, 2008 02:19PM
  • Just Another Day in My Insanely Real Life
  • The Secret Life of Amanda K. Woods
  • Tripping Over the Lunch Lady and Other School Stories
  • Caddy Ever After (Casson Family, #4)
  • The Sound of Your Voice, Only Really Far Away
  • The Aurora County All-Stars
  • Regarding the Trees: A Splintered Saga Rooted in Secrets
  • The Sandcastle Contest
  • The School Story
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
  • Ellie McDoodle: New Kid in School
  • As If Being 12 3/4 Isn't Bad Enough, My Mother Is Running for President!
Avi is a pen name for Edward Irving Wortis, but he says, "The fact is, Avi is the only name I use."
Born in 1937, Avi has created many fictional favorites such as The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, Nothing but the Truth, and The Crispin series. His work is very much desired by readers young and old.
More about Avi...
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle Crispin: The Cross of Lead (Crispin #1) Nothing But the Truth Poppy (Tales of Dimwood Forest, #1) The Seer of Shadows