Start by marking “More Classics to Read Aloud to” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
More Classics to Read ...

William F. Russell

More Classics to Read Aloud to

Reading aloud is the single most important contribution an adult can make to a child's success in school. More Classics to Read Aloud to Your Children gives parents and other adult readers the help they need to share an experience with children that is both important and fun.
Hardcover
Published July 12th 1997 by Random House Value Publishing (first published November 19th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about More Classics to Read Aloud to, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Classics to Read Aloud to

Rebecca
Sep 25, 2009 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, young-adult
After privately wishing for more poetry and Martin Luther King, Jr.'s I Have A Dream speech in my reading of the original Classics to Read Aloud to Your Children, I felt that this sequel was tailored to me, for, in addition to my requests, included also were two of Shakespeare's sonnets, a retelling of Mac Beth, Elizabeth Barrett Browning's How Do I Love Thee? and an excerpt from Little Women.

If a third is created (I'm sure it will be entitled: "EVEN MORE Classics to Read Aloud to Your Children
Elizabeth
When I was a small child, I taught myself to read from one of Russell's Read-Aloud books and a dinosaur encyclopedia. I am ridiculously sentimental about these books and they were some of the first things I bought for my own child. I've also padded out her library with many of the books recommended along with the stories herein, and at only a few months old, we have more enough bedtime reading material to make it to college.

I'm saving the Mythology one for when she's older because it's the one
melmarian
This book I found in an imported books fair in Toko Gunung Agung Surabaya. At first I was being indecisive whether to buy it or not, but because I am a big fan of classics and this book compiled the long-loved classic stories, poetry, and even speeches to be told to children, so I think it's worth it.
The writer, Dr. Russell, also added the meanings of some words that are not yet understandable by children, which is I think very helpful for people who doesn't speak English as their mother langua
Jill
Jun 06, 2014 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you library! Great collections of short stories. Reading time durations are provided. Stories are broken into the listening levels of my kids. Great way to introduce awesome stories (Beowolf, Pandora's Box) to my kids.
Jen
Oct 02, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 9 year old loves these stories and so do my husband and I. It is nice to have MORE classics to read in addition to the first collection.
Julianne
Sep 24, 2009 Julianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've quickly becoming a fan of reading aloud to my children. They love it, they are secretly increasing their vocabulary, and any excuse for a quiet moment with your kids is a great thing.
Elizabeth
Oct 30, 2009 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My mom read this to me. My favorite stories were Pandora's Box, The Emperor's New Clothes, MacBeth, Dick Wittington and His Cat, Little Women, To Build a Fire, and Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp.
David Jones
David Jones rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2016
Kara Stickley
Kara Stickley rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Toni
Toni rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2008
Bessie
Bessie rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2010
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Rebecca (everyday reader) rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2010
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
May 09, 2014
David Bateman
David Bateman rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2009
Libby
Libby rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2007
Jodi
Jodi rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2009
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Elinor
Elinor rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Eyvonna Rains
Eyvonna Rains is currently reading it
Nov 01, 2010
IVCF Student Center
IVCF Student Center marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Amy  Harris
Amy Harris marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2017
Lisa
Lisa added it
Sep 19, 2008
Luahiwa
Luahiwa marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2009
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2010
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2011
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2011
Brynna
Brynna marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2011
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2011
Ariana
Ariana marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2011
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2011
Brenna
Brenna marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2012
Dawna
Dawna marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2012
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2012
Kathryn Zawodniak
Kathryn Zawodniak marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Trace
Trace marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Nicole Benfield
Nicole Benfield is currently reading it
Dec 28, 2012
Beyond the Pages
Beyond the Pages marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
P Sawyer
P Sawyer marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015