Start by marking “More Classics to Read Aloud to” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
More Classics to Read ...

William F. Russell

More Classics to Read Aloud to

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Reading aloud is the single most important contribution an adult can make to a child's success in school. More Classics to Read Aloud to Your Children gives parents and other adult readers the help they need to share an experience with children that is both important and fun.
Hardcover
Published July 12th 1997 by Random House Value Publishing (first published November 19th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about More Classics to Read Aloud to, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Classics to Read Aloud to

Rebecca
After privately wishing for more poetry and Martin Luther King, Jr.'s I Have A Dream speech in my reading of the original Classics to Read Aloud to Your Children, I felt that this sequel was tailored to me, for, in addition to my requests, included also were two of Shakespeare's sonnets, a retelling of Mac Beth, Elizabeth Barrett Browning's How Do I Love Thee? and an excerpt from Little Women.

If a third is created (I'm sure it will be entitled: "EVEN MORE Classics to Read Aloud to Your Children
Jill
Thank you library! Great collections of short stories. Reading time durations are provided. Stories are broken into the listening levels of my kids. Great way to introduce awesome stories (Beowolf, Pandora's Box) to my kids.
melmarian
This book I found in an imported books fair in Toko Gunung Agung Surabaya. At first I was being indecisive whether to buy it or not, but because I am a big fan of classics and this book compiled the long-loved classic stories, poetry, and even speeches to be told to children, so I think it's worth it.
The writer, Dr. Russell, also added the meanings of some words that are not yet understandable by children, which is I think very helpful for people who doesn't speak English as their mother langua
Elizabeth
My mom read this to me. My favorite stories were Pandora's Box, The Emperor's New Clothes, MacBeth, Dick Wittington and His Cat, Little Women, To Build a Fire, and Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp.
Julianne
I've quickly becoming a fan of reading aloud to my children. They love it, they are secretly increasing their vocabulary, and any excuse for a quiet moment with your kids is a great thing.
Jen
My 9 year old loves these stories and so do my husband and I. It is nice to have MORE classics to read in addition to the first collection.
Jim Stout
Jim Stout marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
IVCF Student Center
IVCF Student Center marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Nicole Benfield
Nicole Benfield is currently reading it
Dec 28, 2012
Trace
Trace marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Kathryn Zawodniak
Kathryn Zawodniak marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2012
Dawna
Dawna marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2012
Brenna
Brenna marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2012
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2011
Ariana
Ariana marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2011
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2011
Brynna
Brynna marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2011
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2011
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2011
Eyvonna Rains
Eyvonna Rains is currently reading it
Nov 01, 2010
Classic Myths to Read Aloud: The Great Stories of Greek and Roman Mythology, Specially Arranged for Children Five and Up by an Educational Expert Classics to Read Aloud to Your Children: Selections from Shakespeare, Twain, Dickens, O.Henry, London, Longfellow, Irving Aesop, Homer, Cervantes, Hawthorne, and More Family Learning Islam; A Threat to Civilization The Traumatic Amnesias