Start by marking “Leading Cross-Culturally: Covenant Relationships for Effective Christian Leadership” as Want to Read:

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A leading voice in intercultural ministry draws on biblical principles to offer a practical guide to effective multicultural leadership in a variety of settings.
Published December 1st 2008 by Baker Academic

To ask other readers questions about Leading Cross-Culturally, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leading Cross-Culturally

Charlie Brill
This book goes in depth to the dynamics of multi-cultural teams from the dean of missions at Fuller Seminary. He brings great case studies all anchored in the value of keeping a strong purpose statement and clear communication in all the ways it can get muddled across cultures. He also takes great length to talk about the importance of empowering those you lead to fulfill their calling within the vision of the organization without using power to control them. Excellent book!
David Smith
Lingenfelter merges biblical relational dynamics to real, cross-cultural, church life – serving one another in humility. Sometimes our own cultural bias and sin nature as Christian leaders blinds and prevents us from experiencing biblical community that truly inspires people, builds trust, and empowers leaders. The way forward in kingdom work is through embracing kingdom values.
Andrew
As someone working with a multi-cultural team I found this book insightful, helpful and challenging. I have made many notes and am seeking to apply much of what I gained from Lingenfelter. The book focuses primarily on the foundational concept of building covenant community within the team and I would have appreciated some more practical suggestions for what to do to develop communication, trust and such within the team. But in the end I think this is a very useful book and I will almost certain ...more
Sara Best
Very practical book outlining the need for cross-cultural awareness in leading multi-cultural teams. Fascinating case studies illustrate each chapter.
Al Soto
"This book was one of the books that I needed to read for my Global Leadership class in my MA program. It is an incredible reader as siting one who is a leader in a Cross-Cultural context to be aware and sensitive in their approach of decision-making as well as strategic planning. The premise is not to superimpose an American style of leadership on leaders from other cultures. I had many "aha" moments reading this book and reflecting on past experiences ."
Shane
Excellent book. Particularly impressed by how Lingenfelter references his previous works and notes his growth/evolution in thinking on some topics.
Danny
Eh. The book could be skimmed down to about 30 pages.
Joe
One of the better books on leadership within cross-cultural settings.
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Doreen Kvick
Doreen Kvick is currently reading it
May 16, 2015
Karl Mueller
Karl Mueller is currently reading it
May 12, 2015
James Whitt
James Whitt marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Kenya
Kenya marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Rich
Rich marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Peter Solomon
Peter Solomon marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Donovan
Donovan marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ministering Cross-Culturally: An Incarnational Model for Personal Relationships Transforming Culture: A Challenge for Christian Missions Agents of Transformation: A Guide for Effective Cross-Cultural Ministry Yap: Political Leadership And Culture Change In An Island Society Breaking Tradition to Accomplish Vision: Training Leaders for a Church-Planting Movement: A Case from India