Start by marking “Lost” as Want to Read:

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  585 ratings  ·  83 reviews
When a typhoon destroys their boat, three scientists are stranded on an unpopulated island off the coast of Madagascar. As the weeks and months pass, it gets harder and harder for Derek to resist Cat’s seductive advances. Cat, sensual, spontaneous, hungry to experience every thrill, every sensation. Cat, a virgin ten years younger than he. Cat, his kid sister…

Warnings: Thi
Published September 7th 2008 by eXcessica Publishing (first published June 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Feb 12, 2013 Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* by: Rain
Shelves: me-quedo-loca

Lost tells us the story of a family in the middle of nowhere... Cat (my lovely little whore), Derrek & Victor have lost everything and have been living in an island for the last 3 years...

This book reminded me of a film I watched when I was very young called The Blue Lagoon. I know, those guys were not siblings but they were raised as siblings. I think I just discovered the reason why I love incest...

I am really surprised because after reading some spoilers (come on, GR
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust

Nah, my big mouth always has something to say. So here goes...

Firstly, I've read a few reviews which state Lost reminds the reader of the 1980's film " The Blue Lagoon" ** cough-cough* Yeah Rosalinda I'm referring to you. I think she and I watched different movies. Yes there are a few similarities, ie. characters being stranded on an island.SEX, SEX and more SEX. Both stories feature a character with a bad case of blue balls cooled off in a lagoon.. but the simil
Sammy Loves Books
Nov 19, 2012 Sammy Loves Books rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone willing to step out of their comfort zone. Dark Erotica lovers
Recommended to Sammy by: Sunny
Lost is a beautifully written story on the very taboo subject of incest. It's graphic and darkly erotic so if this is a hard limit for you, you may not want to read this book. I say "may not want to read" because this book is so very well written and beautifully done that I would encourage my friends to try it out.

Lost will push your comfort zone with full on incest between brother and sister and daughter and father in an environment and under circumstances that are believable. It will make you
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
Feb 12, 2013 Rach *Feisty kitty* rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rach *Feisty kitty* by: Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Shelves: dark-reads, kink
Buddy read with Rosalinda, Laci and Sarah

I liked the way the author Varian Krylov wrote about taboo subjects in a non sleazy way

This excerpt was at the end of the book and I thought it summarised her writing in the correct way

Her stories tend to explore the sometimes fine line between what arouses, and what frightens, what we’re driven to, and what we’re ashamed of.

This is a quick fast paced book with a controversial topic- it won't be for everybody and if you aren't into this sort of thing
Good ol' Goodreads just recommended this lovely incest read to me.

How can you read this and not think of The Blue Lagoon?

Krylov has mastered erotic writing. Her descriptions of the MCs' budding sexuality are vivid, bordering on uncomfortably graphic, yet gorgeously sensual. Her lush writing is a perfect match for this curiously precious story about the blossoming sexuality of a brother and sister on a abandoned island, that is as much a paradise as a trap.

Being stripped from the morals of the c
Sarah ❤️ Literary Hottie
Lost is a story about a father, daughter and son who get stranded on a remote island after a typhoon destroys their boat whilst out on a scientific excursion. This darkly erotic short story goes on to tell of their evolving relationship with each other, a relationship that after three long years stranded, with no hope of rescue, goes way beyond a sisterly/brotherly/fatherly one and they soon find themselves lost in more ways than one.

So I read this one as part of a buddy read.......

At first I wa
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (
What a fantastic set up to a terrifically taboo story. LOST may push the limits of some readers too far as the story is one of an incestuous romance between a brother and sister as well as a father and daughter.

LOST begins with a family of three scientists who are stranded on a deserted island when their boat is destroyed by a typhoon while on a scientific excursion. Fast forward three years and you have the only female, Cat (18), her brother, Derek who is 28 and their father, Victor. Cat is ver

O.K. I just don't know where to start with this. It's been a couple days since I finish this and I have to say that my inital opinion has changed. I felt weird getting tingley for the sex in this book, but I thought the author did a great job introducing the Brother/Sister relationship. I could see and understand a sexual relationship develop under those circumstances. At a certain point the book lost me. I first thought it was the Father/Daughter thing, but after thinking about it, I think I wa
Jan 16, 2012 Karla rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Karla by: Verity
Ehhh, I could see how the author was aiming for a larger theme and dark issues, but the writing simply didn't grab me. It took me nearly 7 hours to read this because I kept clicking away from it to look at or do other things. And this story isn't that long.

The only thing I liked about it was the overtone that family relations at the end are a lot more dangerous when daughter's getting spitroasted by Bro and Pops than they were when everyone was rubbing one out behind sheltering rocks so no one e
Beautiful and pure.

Lost is a phenomenally well done short story that tackles a taboo topic with such complexity socially and psychologically that it is natural and believable. Many times you read a pseudo-incest book and it is vacuous and titillating for it's own sake, but Krylov has taken the true taboo and presented it magnificently well.

As one who generally avoids short stories because so few authors successfully master it, I was surprised by my own response. This book will appeal to a limit
Well, it's a lot shorter than I anticipated. This is not a big story-driven read. A father, a son and daughter are stranded on a deserted island. How many years would it take for you to put the. Taboo out of your head and just let your urges take over?

Well, take over they did and once the sex started, it just kept coming. Yes, pun intended. So, sex with brother and sister, sex with dad, sex with both, and a partridge in a pear tree,
Just My Bucking Book Blog

So this is me directly after finishing this book only the laptop is my Kindle.

This book took the incest I've read of in taboo books to a whole new fucking level, I feel sort of violated from just reading the damn thing. I really don't understand how so many people rated this so high, I'm sort of worried for their mental state for thinking this is good.

I guess people weren't joking about this book pushing people out of their comfort zone, I am so far past the line I can't see it any more! I
I'm usually in awe of Varian Krylov's ability to take socially unacceptable subjects and really create thought-provoking books. "Lost" is a great example of her skill in story telling.

My reading experience in this taboo subject is usually limited to step-father/brother step-daughter/sister incest. This story doesn't provide even that small illusion of social acceptability; it's full on incest. If this is a hard limit for you, DO NOT read this novella. However, if you are comfortable with extrem
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
I really like this author, she pushes boundaries in an intelligent way. Her writing is unique and complex. Its never just about the sex, as hot as it is, its about human instincts and needs. Yes, this book is taboo but its written very well, you can understand and justify their actions. I wasn't bothered in the least by the nature of the book, after all it is only fiction. I'm not ashamed to say I liked this book, just wish is was ended abruptly.
This goes way out of my comfort zone!

First I was like this: description

I dont know. Dont take me wrong but this just isnt my cup of tea.
My reactions at the end...

Well written short story with plenty of dark, erotic sex--was really hard to see these three characters as father, son and daughter--
this quote sums up the story:

"We're rational beings. And we're animals with drives"

That says it all--
Ash Wednesday
I ran an imgur search for disturbing and this is what I found. Thank you, internet.

I'm not going to write a review longer than the actual novella itself but suffice to say, as a first-time reader of this author, this was a very good amuse bouche to get the feel of Varian Krylov's writing (hah! yeah, I'm gonna talk about "the writing" on this one). The story revolves around Cat, Derrek and their father, Victor, stranded in an island for three years after their boat capsizes. The vanill
Clarifina ~Books Are My Drugs~
Wrong wrong wrong but's the only way I can describe it right now considering my mind is still...disturbed...anyway, thanks to Rosalinda for recommending this to me and Soraya for doing a buddy read with me or else I would've quit 2 or 3 pages in. I'm pretty sure Soraya's review will be more interesting than mine considering I still feel like puking a little from the dad check out both Rosalinda's and Soraya's review if you want to find out more about this book though...I've g ...more
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: When a typhoon destroys their boat, three scientists are stranded on an unpopulated island off the coast of Madagascar. As the weeks and months pass, it gets harder and harder for Derek to resist Cat’s seductive advances. Cat… Sensual, spontaneous, hungry to experience every thrill; Every sensation. Cat… A virgin ten years younger than he. Cat… His kid sister…

Over-all rating? 2 Stars.

The second I read the synopsis of this book and reali

So i decided to give this story a shot. I know what was coming but still, i'm a masochist and stubborn, s i just had to read it for myself.

S basically the 3 characters are stuck in an island for 3 years now, Victor the dad, and Derek and Cat, the siblings.
Now Cat is a virgin and it starts to get curious and well, the male she sees his her brother.
Did i had a problem with it? Not really.
Were the scenes hot?
 photo tumblr_mggjkojtuu1rkb0m7o1_500_zps876b48c2.gif

But like 80% of the book everything went downhill, i knew what was coming but I was still
Lost is a story about a father, a son, and a daughter stranded on a deserted island. Cat, the daughter becomes curious about sex and wants her brother, Derek, to teach her. Derek tries to resist her- although he desires her. As time passes they give in. Then there's the father, Victor. His actions at the end...I just didn't undertand them or should say condone them. Cat's curiosity caused them all in the end to truly lose themselves and felt like they longer cared to be rescued. Had they lost th ...more
Vivian Dominguez
HAY VIRGEN SANTISIMAAAAA!!!!....Yes...I'm praying in Spanish....LOL....This is the type of book that I need to pray to save my soul...after this I have taken two cold showers & waiting for my hubby as ready as can be....TRUST ME...after reading this u might want to drown yourself in Holy Water....

God help can this author make something sooooooo wrong.....feel so right....
I have read a few dark books but to be honest this took my right out of my comfort zone after reading Abduction I knew abit about the authors type of work but this was disturbing. It was a quick read so I didn't have to dwell too long on the content. 3stars... Because up until the last part of the book it was ok.
Varian Krylov wastes no time in this book getting to the taboo. This is probably one of the best taboo books I have read. It's not emotional and it's to the point.

As always, I love the writing style. Krylov never disappoints with any of these books.
I don't really know how to rate this one. It was way out of my comfort zone. I expected it to be more prurient but it was written fairly tastefully. It was explicit though so you need to know that going in. The ending kind of slipped off into a surreal mist though.

This was more than a sex story. There was a message though that I would be interested in talking about if anyone has read this and wants to comment. I put my idea in a spoiler quote since I think it kind of gives away the whole point
The description of the book pretty much summarizes what the story is about. Now when you read this story, you need to understand the reasons why things happen instead of jumping into conclusion and accusations. Stranded for three years isn't a joke, and for those who are sexually active, that can be a burden.

I first read this short story on Literotica, and fell in love with it. Of course, I found out about it through Goodreads. It is a complete forbidden short story that leaves me wanting more.

Title: Lost
Author: Varian Krylov
Rating: I-don't-even-know-Stars
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)

To be honest with you... I don't even know what-the-heck I just read.

Like, okay. I will warn you: the blurb doesn't depict the storyline very well. It should've went...

"When a typhoon destroys a family of three's boat, they're stranded stranded on an unpopulated island off the coast of Madagascar with nothing more than their scientif
3.5 stars... Ummmm I'm not sure what to say here...I love Krylov's writing but this book (unlike Abduction and After) brought me a bit out of my comfort zone. In the beginning, not having seen them as siblings before this point, it's hard to remember they are actually siblings. As the book goes on its does get darker and more taboo.
While the story deals with incest, for me it explained much more than that. It was about a family who were lost to civilization and tried to comfort themselves in the only way left available. I view their relationship as primitive, yet i could tell they really LOVE each other because it was not just about physical satisfaction.
DISTURBING!! how da hell did this book make a 180 degree turn.. I was perfectly fine with the way things were going, until the last page.. Talk about SHOCKING the EFF outta me.. This takes incest to a WHOLE other level.. Beyond words!! But I will admit the author has a great way of making me want to root for the bro/sis duo..
  • The Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #1)
  • Breeding The Female (Forced, Fucked, and Bred Trilogy, #2)
  • Temptation (Under Mr. Nolan's Bed, #1)
  • The Horny Night Gaunt
  • Cum For Bigfoot 2
  • Broken
  • Gemini
  • Anchor and Storm
  • Beyond Complicated
  • Dark Soul: The Complete Collection (Dark Soul, #1-5)
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything, #1-7)
  • Captain's Price
  • Uncle Ed's Lap
  • Claiming Cullen
  • Heat
  • Braided (A Velvet Glove Novel)
  • The Flesh Cartel #2: Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)
  • Forced By A Werewolf
Growing up near Los Angeles, I spent much of my time frolicking in the Pacific Ocean and penning angst-twisted poetry. Now I'm living in sunny Spain writing pathos-riddled fiction. Ironically, two of my favorite things are traveling, and swimming in the ocean, despite increasingly intense phobias of sharks and flying.

I've always loved the music and substance of words, always loved writing in well-
More about Varian Krylov...
Abduction Bad Things Dangerously Happy After Conrad's First Girl

“He knows first hand that her pleasure will punish her.And wanting to punish her, he will please her” 0 likes