Start by marking “EAT: The Effortless Weight Loss Solution” as Want to Read:
EAT: The Effortless Weight Loss Solution

EAT: The Effortless Weight Loss Solution

Diets are made to go “on” and “off of”, and if you’re like most people—who want to be fit, lean, alert and healthy—you don’t want to diet. You want to eat naturally and normally, in a way that helps you have the body and lifestyle you deserve to enjoy. In EAT, Dr. Ian Smith has created a blueprint for you. It’s a flexible and intelligent plan you can follow every day, in e ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published April 12th 2011 by Macmillan Audio

To ask other readers questions about EAT, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about EAT

Jessica
Mar 13, 2015 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Also posted on Jessica's Rainbow Inspiration.

This book is suitable for someone who's beginning healthy eating and doesn't have much knowledge of nutrition or biology. It provides an introduction to scientifically-proven nutrition in an easy-to-understand manner.

Having studied biology and started getting interested about nutrition a while ago, I don't find this book as useful to me in terms of providing information. I know most of what's already in the book.

In fact, I wonder why the book do
Diane Hernandez
Nothing new here. If you have read any nutrition or diet books, you've seen all this before.
Adrienna
He tells us to watch our labels: difference between whole grain vs. whole-wheat grain. We also have to watch for terms like "free-range", "hormone-free" and "all natural" since they are common terms used by manufactures and I've even bought these foods thinking they were better or organic per se. None of these terms means organic, nor a substitute for the word (p. 160). Wow. We have to avoid the herbicides used to kill weeds when organic farmers do not--they pull them out manually.

I liked the po
Clarissa Draper
May 11, 2011 Clarissa Draper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
I know this book didn't get good reviews but I liked it. A lot.

It's not really a diet book. It won't help you loose pounds fast. But, it does teach you healthy eating that over time will not only help you lose weight but keep it off.

What surprised me was the portion sizes. I had always assumed you had to eat a lot in order to fulfill the daily recommended portions in each of the food groups but it's actually not that much. For example, a serving size of brown rice is not a cup but only half a c
Helen
Aug 11, 2011 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Helen by: Self
I love this book. I bought it because I've had such good success in the past using his 4-Day Diet book to achieve healthy weight loss. He has a bad habit of naming his books with these weird fad names that don't mean anything. What this book is is not so much a weight loss book but a very simple, basic primer of all of the concepts of nutrition and food that someone can hope to routinely come across. It is chock full of charts and lists and all kinds of things that make it a wonderful reference ...more
Melissa Lee-Tammeus
Being a big Fat Smash fan, I was interested to see what Smith had come up with next. This is not what I expected. This is the part that SHOULD have been added to his first diet book and wasn't. THis is not about weight loss, nor is there any sure fire listing of what to do. What this book does do is tell you about pesticides and the FDA and what to look out for. This is a great book for those who may not know just how unhealthy the food they are eating is. In a nutshell, anything you think is ba ...more
Scottsdale Public Library
Eat, the effortless weight loss solution is the single most basic book on weight loss around and that is why I think it is so great. The concept? Make healthy food swaps to loose and maintain your weight. Load up on fruit and veggies. Eat what you like in healthy, correct portions. A common sense approach to eating right for life.
-Colleen G.-
Laura!
Oct 31, 2012 Laura! rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read-books
I thought this was a good informative book. It does just what he says it will: gives you basic knowledge on how to eat better. It's not a diet plan but who wants to live their life on a diet? I really liked the lists on the foods we should be eating and the plans at the end of every chapter.
Marjanne
May 09, 2011 Marjanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a lot of good, solid information in this book. I think this would be a wise choice for anyone looking for more information on how to eat healthier and what things to consider when making healthier food choices. There were some great charts and good reference information.
Melissa
Oct 22, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book that helps you make wise choices when it comes to eating. Dr. Smith writes about carbs, whole grains, protein, spices, and more.
He included graphs and charts with helpful resources.
Jan
Mar 21, 2012 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to
This was a good read - a good informative 'listen' on general good eating and healthy habits. Just enough information in an easy to follow format. Now all I have to do is practice what they preach...
LaShona
Jun 10, 2011 LaShona rated it liked it
This would be a good book for someone new to healthy eating. The information is not new, but it is compiled together and simplified.
Gregory
May 27, 2011 Gregory rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nothing new.
Toni Phebus
Toni Phebus marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
BookBec
BookBec rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Nina
Nina rated it it was ok
May 12, 2016
Angela Foley Kinsella
Angela Foley Kinsella marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Martina Callum
Martina Callum is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2016
Joanne Tacusis
Joanne Tacusis marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Brenda K Smith
Brenda K Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Angela Erhardt
Angela Erhardt rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Eileen S
Eileen S rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Gwendolyn Blake
Gwendolyn Blake rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Marisa
Marisa rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Stephanie Wright
Stephanie Wright marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Notthatkate
Notthatkate marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ian K. Smith, M.D.,Ian K. Smith, M.D. is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of SUPER SHRED, SHRED, THE 4 DAY DIET, THE FAT SMASH DIET and EXTREME FAT SMASH DIET among 7 other books including, SHRED Diet Cookbook , EAT, Happy , and The Blackbird Papers. His newest book, THE SHRED POWER CLEANSE, is available 12/29/15.

He is a former co-host of Emmy-winning “The Doctors” TV show, and a medica
More about Ian K. Smith...