Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #5)

Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five #5)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  1,474 ratings  ·  119 reviews
After he lost his wife and children to tragedy, Capt. Sean Tanner drowned his pain with alcohol. Now, fresh from rehab, he wants to regain the trust of his team and begin again. The last thing he needs is to have feelings for beautiful firefighter Eve Marshall. But even as they dare to explore their growing desire, Sean learns that his family may have actually been murdere...more
Published December 1st 2010 by Signet Book

To ask other readers questions about Ride the Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride the Fire

Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

This series is one of my favorite indulgences. I mean you just can’t go wrong with yummy as sin firefighter heroes, smokin’ HOT sex that’s way steamier than most mainstream romances, Jerry Bruckheimer summer blockbuster worthy suspense, and studtastic cover hunks. And oh yeah, did I mention sexy firefighters having blazing hot sex?

Only this time around we get two firefighters setting the sheets on fire! Recovering alcoholic Captain Sean Tanner is still grieving the los...more
Auntee
Mar 24, 2014 Auntee rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Finally, at long last, Sean's story--and it's a good one! Fans of this series know that author Jo Davis has been building and building to telling Captain Sean Tanner's story, and I must say I was not disappointed. In this book, Sean finally gets his act together--and I was so happy to see that. In the previous books (and yes, you should read them in order) Sean was on a downward spiral into alcoholism after witnessing the horrifying deaths of his wife and children in a traffic accident. Sean tak...more
Buggy
Opening Line: “On the night the world ended, Blair Tanner had told her husband to go to hell.”
~4.5~ Ride The Fire is the final book from the suspenseful and oh-so-sexy Firefighters of Station Five series and here, at last we get Sean Tanner’s story. Like everyone else I’d been anxiously waiting for him and fellow firefighter Eve to get their groove on -I mean this is a guy that really deserves a decent HEA, after losing his wife and children and then battling the bottle for the entire series. S...more
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
SEAN
imagesCA8MF2GT

EVE??
imagesCAFZCQWE

EVE AFTER FINALLY GETTING IT ON WITH SEAN

thumbnailCA9Z66H1

SEAN AFTER MARRYING EVE SOMWHERE DOWN THE TRACK...
everyone ..awwwwwwww....

imagesCAD1L2U1

AND FINALLY SOME PICUTRES OF HOT FIREMEN TO GET U THROUGH YOUR DAY
imagesCA1CMZ6D

imagesCA0ZV4IS

ZACH

I think somewhere in here I was meant to write a review, I must of got distracted. THe book....rocked.

enjoy.
Robin *loves sexy books*
howard is still my favorite, but i really liked sean and eve. i've been waiting for this and it definitely didn't disappoint.

i'm half wishing for another book, because i love these people, but the other half thinks there is no way there could possibly be more drama and disaster at one single firestation.

i loved this whole series and jo knows how to write some smokin hot sex, that's for damn sure.
Katie(babs)
Caty
This is what happens when my expectations get too high.
The book was good, but I've been waiting so long for Sean's story that I ended up a little dissapointed.
I was so excited to finally see him sober and in love with Eve, but I didn't feel the conection between them, also the rest of the members of the station were completely absent and I missed them like crazy. Is this really the last book of the series? it's not fair...I want to say a proper goodbye to my sexy firefighters.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fifth book in the Firefighters of Station Five series by Jo Davis. Capt. Sean Tanner, of Station Five, lost his family to tragedy and drown his sorrows in alcohol. Out of rehab, Sean is learning to live without the bottle. Firefighter Eve Marshall has been in love with the captain for a while but he has been oblivious to it.

A wonderful addition to the series. Very heart-wrenching at times but it all comes together in the end.
Miss Kim
I was anticipating Sean and Eve’s story, so I’m wondering if I had my expectations too high. This was a quick, fast paced read as most all of the Station Five books are. However, I felt like there was something missing. I was happy to see my favorite, Six Pack, was featured pretty often since he is Sean’s best friend. I’m sad the series is over. 
Jane Stewart
Excellent sex scenes. Above average plot and motives. Good characters. But - insulting stupidity during the last 10%.

STORY BRIEF:
Sean is a firefighter. His wife wanted him to attend his son’s football game, but Sean worked instead of taking off. After the game, his wife, son, and daughter died in a car accident. Due to grief and guilt for not being there, Sean drank too much, was negligent at work causing injury to another, and went into rehab. It’s now two years after the accident, and Sean is...more
Mojca
Yes, finally Sean's story. Yes, he's finally gotten his act together. And yes, finally not a disappointing book.

I don't know about you, but I was getting a little fed up with Ms. Davis and this series. I mean, what's there not to like about a bunch of hunky firefighters, a bit of suspense, and a whole lotta lovin'? Well, if the delivery sucks it all goes down the drain. And I'm sorry to say Ms. Davis' delivery sucked more than it was good where this series is concerned.
Fret no more, this book de...more
Ruth
I LOVE this series. It's not angsty, and the suspense isn't earth-shattering, but I love the characters and the way it's written - there are no grammatical errors or badly constructed sentences in this series (one of my pet-peeves). This author used to be a teacher, and it shows. This book is no different.

The hero, as are the others, are real, gorgeous, hunky heroes, but accessible and "normal" too.i can just hear their sexy Tennessee drawls right now... Likewise the heroines. The author manage...more
Karen ~ Divhine
Jan 12, 2011 Karen ~ Divhine rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys steamy romantic suspense.
Ride the Fire was a very emotional book. Characters from previous books pull all five books together and I hope there will be more books in the series.
Monique
This book was in a word, awesome....I had heard about this series, but, wasn't sure if it was one that I would enjoy reading, but, boy was I wrong...I loved this book....And I loved Eve and Sean's story...Not to mention the cover was so hot!!!! Plus, it was an interacial romance which really peaked me interest...I guess this will be yet another series that I will have to go back and read from the beginning....I definately wouldn't recommend this to anyone under 17...As the sex scenes were really...more
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Tina
This book and the previous book #4 in this series Line of Fire were improvements over the first three books in the series, imo. My biggest peeve of the series up through book #3 was that I felt a dearth of fire-fighting to justify these characters being actual fire-fighters. The last two books seemed to remedy that. There was a definite up-tick in the work element.

I was looking forward to this one the most because Sean's story arc that began in book #1, as the embattled alcoholic who was trying...more
This series was my first by Jo Davis. I absolutely LOVED it. Loved the storylines in these books, LOVED the sexy firefighters, the action the sex scenes were O' My Lanta HOT and got better w/ each book.

This series reminds me a bit of Pamela Clares I-Team series (not quite as good but if you like P.C, you'll like this series)

Zach and Sean are definetly my favorite fire fighters. Zach for his quiet innocence and honor and Sean for his tortured heart and soul.

I didn't review all the books but loved...more
Jacqueline
3-1/2 stars

I was happy to finally have Sean's book. I really liked him. His struggle with alcohol and his family's death felt pretty realistic. I felt pretty hohum about the heroine. See I can't even remember her name.

I liked the angle of the old friend turned bad guy serving up some pretty damn cold revenge after 20 years. The bit at the end where he was going to blow up the town was a bit vague in detail though. Still it was probably enough for this level of a romantic suspense though.

I usua...more
Stephanie

I am sad to see this series end. I hope that the author considers writing a series around the cop/FBI characters that she introduced during the last few books.

Get chemistry between the H/h, although I think that Eve seems a little more "helpless" at times throughout this book.

I could feel Sean's pain at time while reading this book. I cannot imagine how hard it would have been to keep going after what happens to his children. His struggle with the bottle is understandable and his batt...more
Dannielle
A good conclusion to the series. Not sure why, but I just didn't love this one like I did others. Sean and Eve were hot together, and you were definitely pulling for him to get his HEA. I was happy with the pace and amount of action, and events didn't seem forced. A nice combination of events from the past and present day. Fills in blanks and gives the reader a better sense of what happened by being shown instead of just told.

I really enjoyed this series overall, and I'm definitely going to mis...more
Lirajean
I think I'm getting harder to please.

This book is part of a series, and I knew what the plot was before I even started. What can I say ... I don't like to leave things unfinished. So I read it. And it was what I expected it to be.

Tortured but healing hero, discovers the woman who has been trying to save him since book 1 is his true love. Super bad bad-guy is revealed to have caused his original trauma, despite never having showed up in any of the previous books.

Sigh. I don't want to read this...more
Kathrynn
I put off reading this book for almost 3 years because depressing books bother me. Ugh. This was a hard book to continue reading and I admit that I started skimming through parts. There wasn't any suspense for me. I saw where this was going and that's exactly where it went. The hero had some major hurdles to overcome. Very sad. The heroine was 10 years younger and a was the peon to the H at work, so touchy there.

All in all, I got through it. Not a book I would recommend or reread.
Mia Adorable
The story of Captain Sean Tanner and female Fire Fighter Eve Marshall is a classic Jo Davis story. Full of passion and mystery and adventure. Definitely a page turner, everyone.

A man from Sean's past makes an appearance ... a menacing appearance. You see just how powerful the love of a woman was able to revive a broken hearted man, along with the love and support of his friends.
Jess
3.5/5 - I enjoyed the story, and thought it was good, but maybe expected more since the series really built up to this last book. Sean and Eve are great together, but the suspense portion of the story was a little lacking. Sad to see the series end, and hope that maybe a few of the remaining single characters get a story in the future - I'm talking about you Cowboy Clay!!!
Clary ♡.
Bueno termine de leer este libro para mi tristeza porque amo esta saga aunque mi libro favorito siempre será el primero el de Six Pack, no lo puedo evitar y no se si les pasó como a mi pero siempre estuve intrigada por Sean por todo lo que pasó y que pasaria con él pero debo decir que este libro no fue lo que esperaba y tanto Sean como Eve no fueron lo que esperaba.
Bien Eve por ser la única chica del equipo tenía que ser fuerte por decirlo de alguna manera para entrar en el juego de ellos y siem...more
Celeste
FINALLY Sean's much anticipated book!!! Amazing addition to the series - this is by far one of my absolute favorite series - there's just something so appealing about a hunky, possessive, heroic, sweaty, manly, SEXY fire fighter!! LOL
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
I'm sad this was the last of the series.

I'm not sure if there will be more but I would like to see Clay, Shane Ford, and even new detective Nick to get a book.
Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda
Heart warming and kinda teary. Hopefully we get Clay's story and more.
Easedwithwords
Loved Sean and Eve's story.
May Mostly Romance
เราเก็บเล่มนี้ดองค้างไว้นานไม่น้อยเลยนะคะ ส่วนหนึ่งเพราะเป็นเล่มสุดท้ายในชุด อีกส่วนหนึ่งก็เพราะเป็นเรื่องราวที่เราคาดว่า น่าจะบีบหัวใจตอนอ่านไม่น้อย เพราะเล่าเรื่องราวของพระเอกที่สูญเสียภรรยาและลูกไปในอุบัติเหตุ (ที่ต่อมาเขาพบว่า ไม่ใช่อุบัติเหตุ)

การเริ่มต้นความรักครั้งใหม่ ไม่ใช่ประเด็นที่เขียนง่ายในโรแมนซ์ ประเด็นรักครั้งใหม่กับผู้ชายที่นางเอกแอบหลงรักมาตั้งแต่ภรรยาของเขายังมีชีวิตยิ่งไม่ได้เขียนง่ายเลย และเล่มนี้มีครบถ้วน

แต่พออ่านเข้าจริง ปัญหาที่เรารู้สึกกลับไม่ใช่เรื่องการมีความรักใหม่เลย...more
  • Never Too Hot (Hot Shots: Men of Fire, #3)
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Nothing More to Lose (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #3)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • Shiver of Fear (The Guardian Angelinos, #2)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3)
  • Kept (Gemini Men, #2)
  • Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3)
  • Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • The Fireman Who Loved Me (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #1)
National Bestselling author Jo Davis is best known for her popular Firefighters of Station Five series written as Jo Davis, and her dark, sexy paranormal series Alpha Pack, written as J.D. Tyler. PRIMAL LAW, the first book in her Alpha Pack series, is the winner of the National Reader's Choice Award in Paranormal. She's also been a multiple finalist in the Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excelle...more
More about Jo Davis...
Trial by Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #1) Under Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #2) Hidden Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #3) Line of Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #4) Sworn to Protect (Sugarland Blue, #1)

“Having said that, I'll give the two of you my full blessing and support--provided you're not yanking her around," she advised, addressing Sean.

"I'm not, I swear."

"Good. Because if I find out you are? I'll cut off your balls and use them as Christmas ornaments. We're clear?"

"Mama!"

He nearly choked on a bit of pie. "Crystal."

Amelia graced him with the full force of her angelic smile. "Fantastic. More pie?"

-Eve's Mama”