Start by marking “Nausicaä della Valle del Vento 3” as Want to Read:
Nausicaä della Valle del Vento 3

Nausicaä della Valle del Vento 3 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind #3)

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  1,458 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Dopo che la civiltà industriale, un tempo prospera e gloriosa, finì inghiottita dalle tenebre del tempo, la superficie terrestre fu invasa da una gigantesca foresta fungifera che emetteva miasmi velenosi: il Mar Marcio. Gli uomini si trasferirono nelle poche terre risparmiate dalla foresta, disposte lungo le sue propaggini esterne, e lì vissero nei regni da essi stessi fon ...more
Published 2009 by Panini Comics (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Nausicaä della Valle del Vento 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nausicaä della Valle del Vento 3

Starbubbles
i really must say, i prefer the format of graphic novels over manga. it's so much easier to read, mainly it's because the cells are lined up in a linear fashion instead of the typical large triangle, elongated vertical rectangles, along with the square horizontal cells.

anywho- the story has really picked up steam! so glad i checked out the third one from the library! i'm totally going to have to go tomorrow to trade it in for book 4! i'm kind of surprised i like this series so much since it's s
Mona
Se nota que la historia ya va por la mitad. Es como una bola de nieve que cada vez se va haciendo más y más grande y es indudable que algo épico va a suceder. En este tomo se notan las ganas de ver el desenlace constantemente. Quieres ver que va a pasar a cada momento y vas pasando páginas sin darte cuenta.
Además ya empieza a haber muchas explicaciones clave, lo cual solo hace que mejorar el libro.
Lo mejor son las estrategias bélicas y la manera como lo explican. No se hace para nada aburrido.
Justin
I know I'm part of the way into this story. I cannot get enough. I originally thought that this series would just follow the movie. I didn't know that it was much much more. I cannot get enough of this story and am amazed that Miyazaki came out with this. I have always loved his stuff but this brings it to a whole other level for me.
Michael
Inhaling this because it's manga, and because it's awesome. Not enough time today, I don't think, to finish off book four, but this story's absolutely beautiful.
Elaine
A little confusing. I think if it had color on the different armies, it might be easier to keep track of.
Raj
In this volume, Nausicaä goes to war. She ends up in an uneasy alliance with a princess from a distant empire who is as busy fighting her own family as the people she was sent to fight. These people are using the miasma from the forest of corruption as a weapon of war, effectively cutting off their nose to spite their face, losing their own lands to the corruption.

We also see more hints of a prophecy that Nausicaä is at the centre of and the expanded canvas of the graphic novels gives this much
David Robillard
Probably the best graphical novel of all times.
Nadya
When I first watched Warriors of the Wind, I fell in love with the story (I even have it on VHS). Then they remade it and the story changed. I loved it even more. But the graphic novels are far beyond my expectations. I am not use to reading GN, much less reading from right to left, so this is a wonderful challenge.
I am very happy that I have taken the time to read the novels though, as the story is so much deeper than just the anime.
Coral Davies
Such a brilliant series with a heart rendering moment at the end.
Jayme
Much better than the second volume. This book actually picks up quite a bit. The majority of the story covers a battle between two of the peoples. Using really unique war techniques, putting the animals and pollution of the forests to work as weapons against them, and fighting to gain control over an ancient ultimate weapon. It was the most epic battle I've come across in graphic novel form.
Kirsten
This one was a little heavy on the battles and a little light on plot, it seemed; nothing seemed like it wasn't necessary for later plot development, it's just that this particular volume was a little dull compared to the ones that came before. It's all even richer and more interesting than the film, though.
Nathalie
Nausicaa's will to sve the world, to save everybody, forces her to compromise in the face of war. As other characters try to convince her that it is impossible and indeed impractical to save everyvody, Nausicaa grows up painfully in a short time.
Joy Barr
Sep 04, 2008 Joy Barr rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joy by: Lance Simmons
These are getting better and better. Really intense and well crafted. Nausicaa is such a lovable AND believable character. I am still not sold on manga. The art still bothers me sometimes. Nonetheless, I can't wait to read the rest!
Izlinda
The action is a little slow in this volume, though we learn a lot more about the world itself, and the Sea of Corruption. (It took me until the second volume to realize it wasn't an actual sea but a forest.)
Devero
In questo albo vengono approfonditi specialmente i co-protagonisti della saga, che evolve verso una complessità della trama finalizzata a gettare sempre più luce su questo mondo futuro.
Deb
Aug 07, 2007 Deb rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Miyazaki & epic story fans
Shelves: favorites, manga
This series is slow to pick up the pace, but stick with it until the 3rd or 4th book and you'll be amazed at how much more depth & addicting storyline the books have than the movie.
Cℓinton Sheppard
Adds a lot of material that wasn't in the film. Also expands upon the relationship between Nausicaä and Kushana, which is quite a bit different than the film.
Michael
via NYPL - I wish I could give half-star ratings. Now that the cast is established, the story is growing clearer. It's still hard to follow sequences, though.
Brandy
Nausicaa's off to war. More about the politics now than the world-setting. A great story but not what I'm looking for right now.
Cory
Incredibly moving and masterfully done. Got a little choked up at the end of this one.
Sally
This series is a life changing read. Volume 3 is my absolute favourite.
James Maxon
I love seeing more to this story that wasn't in the anime.
Jeremiah Plummer
Jeremiah Plummer marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
  • Akira, Vol. 3 (Akira, #3)
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)
  • Buddha, Vol. 2: The Four Encounters  (Buddha #2)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 06
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 13: The Moon in the East, the Sun in the West
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)
宮崎 駿

Hayao Miyazaki was born in Tokyo on January 5, 1941. He started his career in 1963 as an animator at the studio Toei Douga, and was subsequently involved in many early classics of Japanese animation. From the beginning, he commanded attention with his incredible ability to draw, and the seemingly-endless stream of movie ideas he proposed.

In 1971, he moved to A Pro with Isao Takahata, then to N
More about Hayao Miyazaki...

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (7 books)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 4 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #4)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 5 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #5)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 6 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #6)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 7 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #7)
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1) The Art of Spirited Away Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind, Vol. 1 The Art of Howl's Moving Castle Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)