Start by marking “Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia

Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  391 ratings  ·  32 reviews
The Star Wars Character Encyclopedia is the definitive illustrated guide to Luke Skywalker, Jabba the Hut, and all of your favorite characters of the Star Wars galaxy! Feel the force as you flip through pages of profiles of all your favorite characters from the Star Wars galaxy. With stat boxes, expert text, incredible movie stills, and more than 200 profiles, this is book ...more
Published April 18th 2011 by DK Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Corey
A must have for Star Wars geeks... Gives all sort of info on the characters from all six films, even a ton of the obscure characters that may only have one or two small scenes... I read this once by myself and once with my son, since it is his book...
Kaye
I don't know why I'm leaving a review for this, let alone a rating as it's just a character encyclopedia... but its a character encyclopedia you can't go wrong with. This is what happens when I'm bored though.

I was in a bookstore a few days ago to pickup an order and saw this on the shelves. I have such a thing for Star Wars lately that I'll check out any merchandise pertaining to it. It really caught my eye for being set up in the same style as a Doctor Who one I also own (and enjoy). I had no
Debra
Sep 15, 2011 Debra added it
There are many characters that I've seen in the movies, but also some that from the movies that I really don't remember seeing for example: Passel Argente, Rancor, Doctor Evazan and Colo Claw Fish. I was interested in seeing the full information about my characters like Anakin, I didn't know he was 6 feet tall.
Pete
A brilliant companion for your journey through the galaxies. Well formatted, full of info and cool pictures. My daughter and I love learning more about the stories that are set a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
Emily
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miko O.
I love character encyclopedias! It almost made me want to watch the rest of the Star Wars series. Almost.
Valentina
Has all the info you'll ever want to know about the amazing world of Star Wars. #StarWarsGeek
Julie Watts
great, this is my daughters book, we love it!
Kimberly King
Yes, I read this. I am a geek!
Marie
Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia features more than 200 characters from all six Star Wars films plus the Clone Wars. It gives various statistics and information on each of the characters.

Great book!! It was so much some to learn all of the cool facts about each of the characters. I loved that the book was presented alphabetically by character's first name or title. That made it easy to find the characters I was most interested in reading about. I did eventually go through them all, but I wante
Jim
This was an enjoyable accessory book. The best part about it is putting names to faces of characters. One annoying bit is that it focused a bit much on the prequels and not the original series. It didn't include several characters such as the cantina characters (other than Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan) or some in Jabba's palace (Nikto, Ephant Mon, etc). It also included the characters played by George Lucas and his kids (which I didn't like) which apparently also had a role in the Clone Wars cartoo ...more
Colona Public Library
Wow, this book has a ton of characters! They have all the main characters, minor characters and background characters. It would be really fun to watch the movie and if you spot someone in the background you can look them up. You can check out this book at the Colona Public Library. ~Ashley
Nicole
Kirito
Simon Beecroft's Star Wars Character Encyclopedia is an excellent encylopedia for star wars lovers. It has all the characters in the star wars series (the actual episodes) and I mean EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER!

I picked up this book because I'm a Star wars fan.

I finished this book because I can't let go of the book. It was too awesome!

I think I would recommend this to Thibishan because he likes Star wars.
Lisa
My brother is a Star Wars geek, and so he got this for his birthday. One night when I just couldn't sleep I took forward this book, reading every word of it. I fell asleep halfway through, just because there was so much to read. This book helped me understand Star Wars and the characters much better.

Good job, book. ;)
Olivia
It's no substitute for Wookiepedia but it's kinda of nice to just skim and look at the pictures. I learned a few new things here and there but it's mostly just fluff. Heavily skewed toward the prequels (Two entries for Mustafarians and no separate entry for Wedge Antilles, what?).
Becky
Its a fun book for any kid who has a great love of star wars. The backstories on some of the "minor" characters amazed me. There is a level of detail I really wasn't expecting but it is the Star Wars universe. It just keeps going and going and . . .
Ann
Everything you need to know about Star Wars characters... not my cup of tea sorry all you Star Wars fans. Over 200 characters are represented. I will say it was interesting to learn some of the official names.
Craig
ok if you are a casual fan of the series... Kind of cute...

One thing I did learn is that there is cross-species child-bearing in the Star Wars Universe. Pg. 157. That was news to me.

Amie
I chose this one because I expected it to be a fast read, and I wasn't disappointed. It includes every character mentioned in the entire Star Wars saga. A great read for any Star Wars fan!
harlequin {Stephanie}
I was disappointed a lot of the main character profiles are lacking. Most of the info is obvious if you've read a few books or even as simple as seeing the movies.
Terri Pray
A regular book that Jack and I look through together. He loves this one and he often sits and tries to read it himself now that I've helped him with many of the words.
Thomas
Dec 30, 2011 Thomas added it
Well if your a fan like me it's a really good book to read really descriptive and it tells you some really deep information about the charaters.
Alison
Very fun if you're a Star Wars fan! Lots of little facts about characters you never knew before...biggest surprise was discovering Yaddle!
Polly
Oh, if only this had been around a few years ago, it would have been the perfect gift for my then brother-in-law.
Serena!
Io posso morire felice.

Addio mondo.. Io ho la guida ai personaggi di Star Wars, a cosa mi servi tu?!
Elsa
Really nice book with all the Star Wars Characters and a description of the role they play in the series.
Jocelin
They really did have a lot of characters in this book. Some I don't even remember from the movies.
Ann
I've read this so many times with the boys that it merits a mention. It's pretty darn thorough!
  • Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide Special Edition
  • Star Wars Encyclopedia
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia
  • The Star Trek Chronology: A History of the Future
  • Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
  • Star Wars Art: Visions (Star Wars Art, #1)
  • The Making of Star Wars, Episode I - The Phantom Menace
  • A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
  • Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook
  • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
  • DC Comics Ultimate Character Guide
LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia LEGO Ninjago: Character Encyclopedia Prehistoric Life: The Definitive Visual History of Life on Earth Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia Marvel Encyclopedia [Updated and Expanded]