Start by marking “Sono un'assassina?” as Want to Read:
Sono un'assassina?

Sono un'assassina? (Hercule Poirot #35)

3.59  ·  Rating Details ·  12,692 Ratings  ·  514 Reviews
Norma Restarick, la ragazza che « non esclude di aver commesso un assassinio », è al centro del nuovo, esasperante mistero che impegna le « cellule grige » di Hercule Poirot, il quale, per affrontarlo, deve fra l'altro tuffarsi a capofitto nel turbinoso mondo della gioventù londinese d'oggi, descritto con quel leggero e delicato « sense of humour » che è caratteristico del ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Mondadori (first published November 1966)

To ask other readers questions about Sono un'assassina?, please sign up.

Tina I loved it. Set in the 60's was a change for Christie. Some reviews I read didn't like the angle of writing but I think the disapproval of the younger…moreI loved it. Set in the 60's was a change for Christie. Some reviews I read didn't like the angle of writing but I think the disapproval of the younger style of dress was correct as it was from an older point of view. It left me wanting to pick up more of her books.(less)

mark monday
Choose Your Own Adventure!

You are an apartment in London. It is the Swingin’ 60s, man, and everything is new and shiny and groovy and covered with flowers. Psychiatry: what a mind trip, it’s crazy! Drugs: they’re everywhere – and sometimes not so groovy! You have room for three girls, you spacious bohemian pad you... but three girls in swingin’ London can sometimes equal trouble: Murder Trouble! Whatever is a hepcat apartment to do? Time to bring in an old-school private detective and his square
Fiona
Ashamed to say this was not Agatha Christie on top form. I really wasn't a fan of this, and although the story was explained at the end I still didn't feel it made any sense! Poirot is going a bit downhill I feel by now, and like in the book beforehand that I read, Christie seems fed up of him as a character. It really shows. Interesting story, but too drawn out and just not enjoyable!
Sam
Aug 16, 2007 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Agatha Christie fans
Shelves: fiction
Well, as my first Agatha Christie book in about 20 years, i'm told this was a bad choice. Christie wrote it later in her life, and in a bid to maintain some relevance with the younger people, wrote in a lot of jargon about drugs and young people and their strange ways. The jargon and stereotypes didn't bother me so much - they were quaint and at times humorous, but forgivable in most circumstances. What was bothersome about the book was that it had some difficulty in getting started, and when it ...more
Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
"Where there is murder, anything can happen."

Can you believe I have gone my whole life without reading an Agatha Christie novel?!?

I know, right?! Me either! ;)

So I picked this one up, along with a few others, at my local used bookstore on a whim and decided to give her a shot. I am really glad that I did, because this book was very enjoyable!

Hercule Poirot is a Belgium detective who is approached by a young girl who thinks she has committed a murder. Shortly after she disappears and Poirot must
Nancy Oakes
Hercule Poirot is now in his 35th adventure; after this one, he has only three more contemporary appearances -- in Hallow'een Party, Elephants Can Remember, and Curtain.

Third Girl is set smack in the mid-sixties. It's a time when men are wearing such clothes as "elaborate velvet waistcoat[s:], skin-tight pants," and wearing their hair long in "rich curls of chestnut," while women were wearing

"the clothes of their generation: black high leather boots, white open-work stockings of doubtful cleanl
Ririn
For the first time ever, I got close enough to guess the mystery. Yeay!!

But it was a bit odd to see Poirot lost his confidence. It was his arrogance that was the main attraction for all this time.
Obsidian
Well I admit I like the cover of this book. Some of the Christie covers by HarperCollins have been pretty great. Other than that, this was a pretty average mystery novel.

The character of Poirot has descended into even more pompousness if possible. After a young woman comes to Poirot saying that she has murdered someone, and runs away after realizing that he is old (yeah that happened) Poirot is aggrieved by the encounter. A chance phone call by Mrs. Oliver leads Poirot to figuring out who the my
Kavita
Feb 09, 2015 Kavita rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
It's not that Agatha Christie has never written a bad book in her career. Though I love most of her books, I do not like some of her more political novels. So while I am not shocked that I disliked this book, never has Christie written something so meandering and pointless.

Till the last chapter, the book seems to have no plot at all. There is no murder committed, there is nothing happening. There are not even any interesting interactions between the various characters like in The Hollow before
Menna Mohamed
May 25, 2015 Menna Mohamed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
لا أدري كيف تستطيع روايات أجاثا كريستي أن تُبهرني بهذا القَدْر ؟
فكما العادة خلال رحلاتي مع رواياتها لا أكُفُ عن الانبهار بشدةِ ذكائها وقدرتها الرائعة على نسج الأحداث ، والتي تجعلك بكل سهولة غير قادرٍ على ترك الرواية إلا بعد إكمالها لمعرفة حقيقة اللغز ، وفي أغلب الأحيان لن تستطيع أن تحل اللغز حتى إذا دارت شكوكك حول جميع أبطال الرواية ،،
لن أُفاجأ فى رواية من الروايات أن تكون أجاثا كريستي نفسها هي القاتلة :D

فأجاثا تستطيع وبكل سهولة خلال حبكةٍ لا يستطيع غيرها تنفيذها أن تُقنعك بمرتكب الجريمة بالأدل
Fuad Fidah
This one was predictable, time to take a break from agatha christie.
Roshanak davoodi
Apr 10, 2016 Roshanak davoodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
همیشه از داستان های جنایی لذت میبرم ولی واقعا هیچ داستانی به خوبیه داستان های آگاتا کریستی نیست . کتاب داستان جذابی داشت و به نظرم این که سعی میکنی از طرز فکر و عملکرد ذهن پوآرو سر در بیاری خیلی جذابترش هم میکرد . همیشه به نظرم داستان جنایی خوبه که تا لحظه ی فاش شدن حقیقت نتوانی حدس بزنی که داستان از چه قراره و حتی اگه حدس میزنی بهش شک داشته باشی ؛ باید گفت آگاتا کریستی کاملا در داستانهایش به این اصل پایبنده .
Laurel Young
Gabriele
Aug 28, 2015 Gabriele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In "Third Girl" Agatha Christie mette in mostra tutto il suo talento nel creare storie appassionanti e ben calibrate tra mistero e psicologia dei personaggi.
Al contrario di quanto accade normalmente nei gialli, qui non assistiamo subito al ritrovamento di un cadavere. Anzi, per buona parte del libro non sapremo assolutamente nulla di qualsivoglia omicidio se non il solo sospetto che questi deve essere avvenuto grazie alla comparsa in casa di Poirot di una ragazza la quale afferma "forse ho uccis
Brent Soderstrum
I had previously thought that Christie's worst Hercule Poirot novel had to be The Big Four...till I read The Third Girl. I never thought I would give Agatha a two star rating for any of her books...till I read The Third Girl. In trying to obtain the shock value that she became famous for Christie had in her later novels resorted to absurd endings. I thought I had seen her most absurd endings...until I read The Third Girl.

The book does have Poirot in it from the beginning till the merciful ending
Raquel Bookish
No he leído demasiados libros de Agatha Christie ni soy una gran aficionada a las novelas de crimen y misterio, sin embargo, tengo la impresión de que esta novela no hace justicia ni a la obra de la escritora ni al género.

Si Asesinato en el Orient Express me mantuvo pegada al libro, devorando cada capítulo, desde la primera página hasta la última, Third Girl dejó de interesarme a partir de las 100 primeras páginas y el único motivo por el que lo acabé fue para saber cuál era la solución al mist
Debbie Robson
I generally don't read that many murder mysteries but as my life is chaotic at the moment I thought an Agatha Christie would be fun and it was. I also chose it becase I wanted to see how Christie "managed" the sixties. And not too badly considering her age at the time of writing and I actually thought the "Peacock" worked. Gosh men did have a different aura about them from around the mid sixties till the mid/to late 70s! I caught the tail end of that era and it was interesting to say the least.
I
Clara
Feb 16, 2014 Clara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Me gustó, como la gran mayoría de los libros de Agatha, pero no fue nada sobresaliente como otros de sus libros. Me gustaron los personajes, y me dio mucha pena Norma; la resolución es bastante complicada. Es decir, hay que tener mucha imaginación para resolverlo uno mismo.

Pero hubo un detalle que me gustó mucho, y que pasé muy por encima porque di por sentado que era verdad, como los otros personajes. En casi todos los libros pasa algo como esto, y por eso me gustan tanto.

No se lee tan rápi
Colin Mitchell
Apr 26, 2016 Colin Mitchell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good Poirot novel. Well constructed plot which finds Poirot at breakfast when Norma Restarick calls to tell him that she thinks she has committed a murder but then rushes out and disappears. Is all that it seems? Poirot appears flummoxed as the evidence he uncovers with visits to her parents in the country and the assistance of Ariadne Oliver, Mr Gobey and Inspector Neele finally leads him to confront the culprit.
nur'aini tri wahyuni
boring. terselamatkan jokes Agatha Christie. kisahnya akhir dan keseluruhan ga semenarik pembukanya.
Mohamed Alwakeel
would've been good if not for the ton of repeated-over-and-over-details -_-
Zahra
Nov 12, 2015 Zahra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
نهاية لا بأس بها ولكنها أصابتني بالملل في معظمها
Michael Ritchie
Jan 23, 2017 Michael Ritchie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A murder mystery with no body ... interesting.
The August 2016 book for the Agatha Christie Lovers group.

I liked this book, first published in 1966, better than last month's selection, At Bertram's Hotel. For one thing, this one features Poirot rather than Miss Marple, and we have Ariadne Oliver too, whom I always enjoy. I especially like the interactions between the two, Poirot was his emphasis on reflection and Mrs. Oliver's on action, often ill-considered! How frustrated she gets when Poirot's brain cells are whirling, and she wants to do
Oscar Despard
I thoroughly enjoyed Third Girl. The book begins with an enjoyable and humorous passage, involving Poirot's reviews of patisserie from his local bakeries, but his pleasant breakfast is soon interrupted by an anxious young girl who accuses herself of murder. The story then continues an exciting fashion, and ends with the usual surprise.

Third Girl is an enjoyable Christie, and Poirot's skills are exhibited to the full. The prose is relatively fast-paced, with occasional comic interludes and Poirot
Laura Verret
She was obviously in great distress, this young lady. She was confused, and desperate, too. But all she said to Poirot when she was ushered into his presence by George was “You’re too old.”

Morbleu! The very suggestion, it is preposterous. As if he, Poirot, could have outgrown his usefulness! But the young lady did confide something to George before she came in. She said that she thought she might have committed a murder.

Not a very definite clue, that. Shouldn’t a girl know if she has murdered so
Kimberly Ann
Jan 25, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really did like it, up until the next to last chapter when M. Poirot was sitting in his chair "thinking"... That was boring as Christie liked to confuse her readers w/ Red Herrings.

A young woman, Norma, is sharing a flat with two others, she is commonly known as "the third girl"... Her father has recently returned from South Africa w/ his new & younger wife, who has had mysterious bouts of gastritis whenever Norma visits.

Norma is suffering from "madness" and delusions and goes to visit M.
shush n move on!
تانى مرة اقرأها وناسية تفاصيلها تماما،، حلوة برضه رغم ان فك شفرتها سهل شوية ،، أو يمكن لأنها نفس نمط جريمة إبزيم الحذاء ف دماغى مشيت ع نفس السياق لقيت كل الحقايق بتنسجم مع الفرضية
Kim Lauwers
I really like the Poirot stories, these stories are timeless and they just keep suprising you. It is also so much fun that you can just read in whatever order you like because there are so many books in this series that it should be quite annoying to always check the internet which book to read next in the correct order, instead o fjust picking a random book in the series and start reading it.

This book was a bit slower than the previous Poirot books I've read. I was actually agreeing with Mrs Ol
Jason M Alexander
Agatha Christie mystery novel - pretty much says it all. She is the master of the enjoyable, somehow light-hearted, murder mystery.

This particular Poirot tale is a bit muddled with far too much information to allow you to figure out exactly what has happened, who is involved, and how they managed it, but true to her ways she gives you clues all along the way, it just requires exceptional grey cells, as it were. I will go ahead and declare that I had one or two elements of the mystery figured ou
jennifer
It's the mid-sixties and girls have become so independent these days. Young Norma has a flashy boyfriend her father and stepmother don't approve of, but as Norma is rarely under their roof, there isn't a lot they can do about it. Norma has moved into a London flat with two other girls, oh, and she has bouts of forgetfulness where she ends up in possession of a weapon of some kind or other and can't recall what has occurred. Must be all those drugs.

Christie has created a complex mystery here for
Agatha Christie L...: August 2016 - Third Girl 27 54 Sep 06, 2016 08:32PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Third Girl by Agatha Christie 7 41 Apr 01, 2015 12:23AM
  • A Grave Mistake (Roderick Alleyn, #30)
  • Agatha Christie: A Biography
  • Dancers in Mourning (Albert Campion Mystery #9)
  • Black Is the Colour of My True Love's Heart (Felse, #6)
  • Clouds of Witness (Lord Peter Wimsey, #2)
  • Duplicate Death (Inspector Hemingway Mystery #3)

More about Agatha Christie...

Hercule Poirot (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot, #1)
  • The Murder on the Links (Hercule Poirot, #2)
  • Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot, #3)
  • The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)
  • The Big Four (Hercule Poirot, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Blue Train (Hercule Poirot, #6)
  • Black Coffee (Hercule Poirot, #7)
  • Peril at End House (Hercule Poirot, #8)
  • Lord Edgware Dies (Hercule Poirot, #9)
  • Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10)

“Is she a very clever little actress, acting a part? Or is she a genuine semi-moronic suicidal victim?” 4 likes
“Where there is murder, anything can happen.” 2 likes