Start by marking “The Everything American Government Book: From the Constitution to Present-Day Elections, All You Need to Understand Our Democratic System” as Want to Read:

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
If the confusion following the last presidential election is any indication, the average citizen knows precious little about the democratic system and the laws that affect their daily lives. "The Everything American Government Book" unravels the complexities of our democracy and provides readers with the knowledge necessary to make the right decisions and take an active ro ...more
Published June 1st 2004 by Adams Media Corporation (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything American Government Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything American Government Book

Alex Timberman
Few months ago, in Time magazine, I read a frightening statistic. Most Americans can’t name the three branches of our Government. I hope that’s untrue, but this book would go a long way in helping many to understand how it all works.

There are already too many resources out there to understand American Government, but this book simplified everything in a succinct and entertaining way. I can’t ask for more. I reviewed a lot, clarified a lot of stuff I should already know, and learned a lot of new
Mark
Aug 10, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good overview that will help many people.
Joseph
Nov 30, 2009 Joseph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up
I sacked this one and sold it to Powell's. It was a rather informative book but I really can't stand the format in which the information is presented. Same problem I have with Idiot's guides and the like.... guess I should stop buying these and hoping the subject matter is interesting enough that I'll overlook the presentation style.
Jim Bouchard
Dec 31, 2010 Jim Bouchard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before you engage in your next political argument read this! Very accessible, easy read yet thorough.
Beth
Nov 25, 2010 Beth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: schoolbooks
Guess what!!! I FINISHED THIS BOOK!!!
Avery
Avery marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Kal Sostarecz
Kal Sostarecz rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Janet Schillner
Janet Schillner marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Dave
Dave is currently reading it
Mar 30, 2016
J Crossley
J Crossley marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Vyacheslav Alexeev
Vyacheslav Alexeev is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2016
Lelia
Lelia marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Michelle Hale
Michelle Hale is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2016
Christine
Christine is currently reading it
Mar 09, 2016
Nimela
Nimela marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Luke Gruber
Luke Gruber rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
J.
J. is currently reading it
Feb 28, 2016
Fred Krapf
Fred Krapf rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Ef
Ef is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2016
Thomas Miranda
Thomas Miranda rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
AmeliaAnn Sampat
AmeliaAnn Sampat is currently reading it
Jan 10, 2016
Corey
Corey added it
Jan 08, 2016
Lisa Duarte
Lisa Duarte is currently reading it
Dec 24, 2015
Andrew Laudato
Andrew Laudato rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015