Start by marking “The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)

The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  48,796 ratings  ·  3,837 reviews
My name - my True Name - is Ashallayn’ darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…

To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thoug

Paperback, 1st Edition, 400 pages
Published October 26th 2011 by Harlequin TEEN

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Iron Knight

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
25th out of 1,153 books — 6,894 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareDelirium by Lauren OliverSilence by Becca FitzpatrickUnearthly by Cynthia Hand
Best Books of 2011
25th out of 2,240 books — 7,051 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Mackenzie
UPDATE UPON READING:
Love this book, my favorite of the series!!!! I feel I understand Ash and his perspective on things much better now. Ms. Kagawa has done it again!!!
Ash was much less... romanticized in this book, which makes sense and I'm glad that Ms. Kagawa did that. If he was still like the "perfect" guy, that wouldn't make logical sense. The way she built his character in this book, you saw his strengths and weaknesses and how they made him the complete person---fey?--- that he is. I al
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

Simply put... PURE PERFECTION!

Story telling does not get any better than this...

I am utterly struggling for the right words to adequately review the brilliance of The Iron Knight, and the series as a whole, and do it ANY justice, so please bear with me.

How could Julie Kagawa meet the excellent story telling of The Iron Queen and her previous books in her series? While, from past experience, I had no doubt she could... I was still amazed that SHE DID... so expertly and so eloquently as only a
Kara
Ash, I love you. Enough said.
Sabrina
First, let me say that I really enjoyed the previous installments of this series; so I'm not happy to squash this one down. Maybe I'm in a bad mood lately, or maybe my standards have suddently become impossibly high, but I didn't like this novel.

Brief recap of what this story is about: to be with girl, boy has to acquire a soul. To do so, boy must pass an unspecified test. Girl has to do absolutely nothing in the meantime.

For the first 2/3 I was so bored that I wanted to gouge my eyes off with a
Sandy
Julie Kagawa knows how to end a series.

It's always sad (and a bit scary) to say goodbye to a favorite series. Last books come with such emotionally-fueled expectations. And after, some authors leave you feeling wrung out and crushed, while other authors make your heart sigh with happiness and contentment. Whenever I read a last book, I'm always overwhelmed with that feeling of Please don't ruin what you've created. Well, I am ecstatic to say that in The Iron Knight, Julie Kagawa gives us the per
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: /

This will be a really difficult review to write...this is my fifth time of rewriting it actually.

I enjoyed the book, and i loved the story. It's a roller coaster of emotions (as a matter of fact, i cried, laughed like crazy and was pissed off and raging a lot).

But! But! And more but! there is a reason it's not higher than 3. The reason lies in our famous ice prince of the Winter court, Ash.

There is just one thing for certain. You will either hate or still love Ash - or be stuck
~Tina~
Have you ever wanted to read a book so badly, and wanting it to be everything you hoped it would be, and then it turn out to met not only your expectations but went beyond anything you could imagine?
Well, that what's happened to me after reading The Iron Knight.

I feel in love with this series right from the very first book. One after the other getting stronger and better. So when I heard the last and final book was on it's way I was excited to see how it would end and sad to see this beloved wo
Soumi
From this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor and my life. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own life be forfeit.
description

I must say I have taken a brave attempt to write the review of The Iron Knight when I’m out of my words how to praise this book. How can I describe how much I loved this book when I’m still lost in thoughts and my hands are numb and shaking to write
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]

I’m very thankful that Julie Kagawa didn’t leave us the bittersweet ending of Megan and Ash story in the 3rd book (The Iron Queen) for making this 4th . . . [drum roll] The Iron Knight!

As the final installment of Iron fey series, Ash must take an impossible journey to find his way back to Megan. Since as Winter Fey he cannot survive in the Iron Kingdom and being a human is his only choice but will it be that easy to be human or more gaining a soul? Does he understand what that solution really me
sunset shimmer
See my review of the entire series on my blog!

_______________________________

Julie Kagawa is a god.

This series is easily my most favorite series of all time. And Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn is easily the best hero in all of YA fantasy. Just when I thought I couldn't love him more, I read this book. I realize now that love is an understatement for what I feel about Ash.

There wasn't a single part of this book that disappointed me. And the ending...oh... <3 Thank you is all I have to say. Thank you
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
My name, my full, True Name, is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, and I am the last son of the Unseelie Court.

I was not a big fan of the first two Iron Fey books, but The Iron Queen completely stole my heart! Those of you who've read it know all about the beautiful romance, the fierce battle and the bittersweet ending that ensued. I suspect many of her fans were unhappy with the way Kagawa wrapped things up. In fact, some were probably even outraged, but not me – I loved it. That’s why I wasn’t too thr
nico
I can only hope that this will put my heart at ease. After the iron queen, my heart felt shattered. I hope beyond hope that this ends up being ash and puck, their journey to find grim and hopefully mend the frayed fabric that was ash and meghan.
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Posted on: http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/

"I’m almost there. Wait for me just a little bit longer."

I honestly don’t even know where to begin with this review and I don’t even think I could write a review that will do this book the praise it deserves but I will say this, The Iron Knight had everything I could have asked for and more. Julie Kagawa has utterly surpassed my expectations and blown all previous books away with her truly amazing writing, her creative imagination and her gift
♥ Becky  22
You know that feeling you get when you finish the last book in a beloved series? Like a good friend just moved away?

I'm going to have a MASSIVE book hangover from this series.

This review is full of spoilers (Don't read it if you haven't finished this book;))

(view spoiler)
Krystle
I have finally reached the end of this series. Finally. Let’s just say I’m just a masochist and I just had to find out how this damn things ends especially if I came this far. Hah.

The plot of this book was so predictable and dry. And that whole End of the World thing? Reminds me of the final bosses in the early Final Fantasy series. Yeah, call me not impressed. Everything seems so rehashed and overdone.

Do you remember what I said in my previous review?

“But anyway, the ending while actually resol
Steph Sinclair

***Please note: It's been a while since finishing this book and I did not include many details in this review.

Initial thoughts after finishing the book:

Somebody get Stephenie Meyer on the phone because this is how you add onto a trilogy without completely screwing your characters over. This is how you make a semi-insta-love relationship awesome. This is how you end a love triangle. And this is how you write a freakin' book!

4 stars seems too low and I think I love Iron Queen a little more (whic
Louize
Sep 19, 2011 Louize rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: arc
After reading The Iron Queen, I remember saying that I was glad seeing Meghan mature. This time, it’s Ash’s turn…

“I promised I’d find a way for us to be together, I intend to keep that promise.”

I should have read the Survival Guide to the Nevernever first before I prowled into the book. Iron Knight is a non-stop action/adventure. Ash is so serious in keeping his promise that he was willing to go through everything as quickly as he should, and travel the extra mile needed to gain a soul. A ver
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
“My loyalty-and my heart-belong to another queen now”

The Iron Knight, was everything I could have imagined and more. Julie Kagawa has written such a beautiful series, which has come to be my favorite series of all…The Iron Fey series. No one can deny how amazing this series is, and now it is all over. Although I am sad it is over (more like depressed) Julie Kagawa has written the best final book anyone could even imagine. The romance is more beautiful then ever, the action is better, all our que
Colleen Houck
Poor Ash and everything he goes through! I really liked being in his head for this book and seeing the little glimpses of a possible future for him and yet also knowing his future is still unknowable. Liked his relationship with Puck here and the new characters that showed up. The setting is so creative and interesting, especially the river! Loved the stuff floating and surfacing in the water.
Saniya
Loved it! =D <3
(I wrote such an awesome review for this, so hardly, but one stupid click made all my hardwork gone) >.<
So yeah. Loved it! ^.^

Alienor ☠ is stuck on the Jellicoe Road ☠
What's this review?
See, I was going to write a real review for that one and not a compilation of my rambling thoughts but thanks to wonderful girls, there's a badge Kat created to add a little love in this GR world and to show that we can write great reviews without spamming the hell of everyone.

I chose Chelsea's review because she perfectly captured what I felt reading this book... and because she's an amazing friend. Go read her review people <3

So, Chelsea, you're famous ma belle <3 a
Hannah
I'M IN LOVE. This cover makes me want to read this book right now!!!! I love Ash and Puck :) <-- Why don't they exist?! .... and if they do I call dibs ;)

This book had such a perfect ending! <3
I can't believe it's over :(
Kristi
Whew.

I love this series. Just love it. The characters, the story, their adventures. It's addicting!

What was so great about this book? We finally got to peek inside the mind of the Winter Prince himself. That aspect alone was enough to get me to read this book. I’ve always been an Ash fan, and reading this book was like being a kid in a candy store!

I missed Meghan. In the beginning of the book, I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this book. I was craving that Ash/Meghan interaction. That tens
Eslie
I knew there had to be a fourth book because of the Epilogue. This is probably going to be about the adventure Puck and Ash set out on (finding Grim.)
Can't wait!
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
*4.5 Stars*

The voices agreed, laughing at me, mocking my quest. I didn't deserve a soul; I didn't deserve happiness, or peace. Why should I get my happy ending, when I'd left a swath of horror and destruction behind me wherever I went?

Hmm. I'm going to marry Prince Ash some day...and then I will be his queen. >.< Can I just be honest? Even after finishing this three nights ago, even after finishing another book last night by another author...when I logged on here to write this review, cl
Mizuki
I thought The Iron Queen is bad enough, but it was before I read The Iron Knight...

Julie Kagawa herself revealed in the interview at the end of this book, that The Iron Knight was written because her editor convinced her Meghan and Ash should not be broken apart.

Shame on you, editor.

So what should Ms. Kagawa do in order to get Meghan and Ash back together? What should she do to give her editor and all the Ash/Meghan shippers the Happy Ever After they want? Let's do a checklist:

(1) Put Ash on a
Annie Brewer
It's sad to see a series you've invested so much time, emotion and love come to an end. It's like grieving a friend's death, seriously. I know at least it's that way for me. Each series that finishes, leaves an empty, hollow space in my heart. Of course there's always room for more to fill it. But this is one series that I'll never let the space be filled with others. It's been a journey that I'll revisit over and over. I've come to love the world of Fey and the characters of Tir Na Nog, Wyld Wo ...more
Isamlq
I'm feeling a mix of sad and satisfied with Iron Knight. With this last one, you can imagine my absolute frustration at having the galley stall for reasons unknown at page sixty, with my agony over having actually read Iron Knight... well, DEVOUR is what comes to mind. Because devour it, I did.

I sort of wish I had not gone through it so quickly though because now I understand how that green JFL mascot* feels whenever it wails after each episode, "It's Over!" But, I am happy... really, I am beca
Ending of The Iron Knight 11 254 Apr 19, 2015 07:25PM
Am I the only one who felt sad for Ariella? 25 123 Apr 11, 2015 10:44AM
Does anyone get tired of reading a book with a happy ending? 42 296 Apr 04, 2015 01:16AM
Addicted to YA: The Iron Knight 43 415 Jan 05, 2015 07:43PM
Should there be a book for Puck? 63 196 Nov 28, 2014 03:54PM
SPOILER ALERT. post-iron knight thoughts...i have a buuunch 80 619 Nov 05, 2014 02:08PM
Kindle Book Sharing: The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) 1 4 Aug 31, 2014 08:02AM
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
  • Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • Perchance to Dream (Théâtre Illuminata, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Torrent (River of Time, #3)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Captivate (Need, #2)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)

“My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl.” 572 likes
“You're here," I murmured, reaching out to touch him, hardly believing this was real. "You came back." Ash's breath hitched, and he put his hand over mine.
"I came home.”