Start by marking “Inheritance Fan Book” as Want to Read:
Inheritance Fan Book

Inheritance Fan Book

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Christopher Paolini's world of Alagaesia is a magical land, full of mysterious people, objects, and places-one that has captivated millions of fans across the globe. Now, with the "Inheritance Fan Book," those fans have a resource in the form of an A-to-Z almanac, where they can find everything they ever wanted to know about this fascinating world. From Arya to Zar'roc, th...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by Random House Children's Books (first published October 26th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Inheritance Fan Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inheritance Fan Book

Vixen
this was basically just a collection of information already in the books. there were some random things that werent in the books, but overall, it wasnt enough to go out and buy it because im sure its on the internet somewhere. this is repetitive. i bought it because i thought it was going to be new information, but it just isnt.
the other thing is that when the guy wrote it, inheritance hadnt come out yet. so theres alot of characters/ plot lines missing. like it says the rock of kuthian was jus...more
Anna
A useful reference to the world of Eragon, the details of which may get a little fuzzy after thousands of pages. This almanac serves mostly as a perfunctory memory-jogger rather than a means of answering questions about the series. There are no especially profound insights or added knowledge to reward the close reader. It is also slightly out-of-date since it doesn't include entries for the fourth volume, Inheritance.
Kristi
Hmmm.... A lot of information in this one. I thought it might help jog my memory as I want to get back into the series again, but I'm more confused now!

I think it would have helped if they would have also referenced the book too. Instead of just explaining what something was, included the book it was in and maybe a page number where readers could go back and read it in context. But perhaps that is just me being picky.

The Guide to Alagaesia is much cooler! Although die-hard fans will like this...more
Tweller83
I only read this when I had a few extra moments here and there. Having only read Eragon, and not really liking that so much, it was a difficult read. I had to put it down on the 11th. I'll try to pick it back up later. Picked it up on March 8, 2013.

Seems complete as far as I can tell. Hope the fans of the Earon books like this. I know I'm not that into it.
Mercy Dragonslayer
I bought this because I'm officially obsessed with Inheritance, not because I needed it--I already knew 90% of the stuff in it by heart anyway. And yeah, it should have been written once the series was finished, and thus, complete.

Not bad, though, and being blue gives it a boost.
Ember
It was good, but not great.They covered most of the big stuff but got a few things mixed up and missed a few others.(not mentioning specifics.)
Sissel
I read it mostly because I haven't read the Inheritance Cycle in a while, and I wanted to go through it because of that.
Riv
I need to refresh my memory before reading Inheritance. This series is really complicated...
HasiVA (Ink On Paper)
A very informative guide to the Inheritance Cycle!
Schuyler
Mar 24, 2011 Schuyler rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: jacob
pg.73, pg.87, pg.125, pg.162, pg.191
David Townsend
David Townsend marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Naomi
Naomi added it
Jul 20, 2014
Gvlorydra
Gvlorydra marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Lauren
Lauren added it
Jun 27, 2014
Mike Macauley was inspired to start Shurtugal.com when he read Eragon in high school. Shurtugal has since become the premier Inheritance Cycle fan site and a major source of information for the online-fan community.
More about Michael Macauley...
Dangerous Chimes