Start by marking “Inheritance Fan Book” as Want to Read:
Inheritance Fan Book

Inheritance Fan Book

Christopher Paolini's world of Alagaesia is a magical land, full of mysterious people, objects, and places-one that has captivated millions of fans across the globe. Now, with the "Inheritance Fan Book," those fans have a resource in the form of an A-to-Z almanac, where they can find everything they ever wanted to know about this fascinating world. From Arya to Zar'roc, th ...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by Random House Children's Books (first published October 26th 2009)

Kay
Sep 19, 2012 Kay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
this was basically just a collection of information already in the books. there were some random things that werent in the books, but overall, it wasnt enough to go out and buy it because im sure its on the internet somewhere. this is repetitive. i bought it because i thought it was going to be new information, but it just isnt.
the other thing is that when the guy wrote it, inheritance hadnt come out yet. so theres alot of characters/ plot lines missing. like it says the rock of kuthian was jus
Kristi
Oct 23, 2011 Kristi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Hmmm.... A lot of information in this one. I thought it might help jog my memory as I want to get back into the series again, but I'm more confused now!

I think it would have helped if they would have also referenced the book too. Instead of just explaining what something was, included the book it was in and maybe a page number where readers could go back and read it in context. But perhaps that is just me being picky.

The Guide to Alagaesia is much cooler! Although die-hard fans will like this
Veronica V.
Good book!! It was based on the inheritance Cycle. It had lots of useful information. Of course, most of the info was already in the books, but when you read 4 books with 600-850 pages, you forget the little, important stuff. This book had all the characters, places, and objects listed and explained about. Plus, lots of the pages had facts about the books, about the author and behind the writing of his books. I would really recommend this book to anyone who's a big fan of the Inheritance Cycle, ...more
Anna
Jan 04, 2014 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, reviewed
A useful reference to the world of Eragon, the details of which may get a little fuzzy after thousands of pages. This almanac serves mostly as a perfunctory memory-jogger rather than a means of answering questions about the series. There are no especially profound insights or added knowledge to reward the close reader. It is also slightly out-of-date since it doesn't include entries for the fourth volume, Inheritance.
Tweller83
May 05, 2011 Tweller83 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I only read this when I had a few extra moments here and there. Having only read Eragon, and not really liking that so much, it was a difficult read. I had to put it down on the 11th. I'll try to pick it back up later. Picked it up on March 8, 2013.

Seems complete as far as I can tell. Hope the fans of the Earon books like this. I know I'm not that into it.
Mercy Dragonslayer
I bought this because I'm officially obsessed with Inheritance, not because I needed it--I already knew 90% of the stuff in it by heart anyway. And yeah, it should have been written once the series was finished, and thus, complete.

Not bad, though, and being blue gives it a boost.
Hasini (Ink On Paper)
A very informative guide to the Inheritance Cycle!
Sissel
Jan 28, 2011 Sissel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, 2011
I read it mostly because I haven't read the Inheritance Cycle in a while, and I wanted to go through it because of that.
Riv
Aug 27, 2011 Riv rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I need to refresh my memory before reading Inheritance. This series is really complicated...
Ember
Aug 10, 2011 Ember rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good, but not great.They covered most of the big stuff but got a few things mixed up and missed a few others.(not mentioning specifics.)
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Samuel
Samuel rated it did not like it
Apr 14, 2013
Madeline
Madeline rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2016
Red
Red rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Chloe
Chloe rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2013
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Ryan Baughman
Ryan Baughman rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Spuurrrnggeeee
Spuurrrnggeeee rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2013
Angel
Angel rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2012
Bianca
Bianca rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2010
Bailey Clark
Bailey Clark rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Ricky McIntyre
Ricky McIntyre rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
May 01, 2015
Alpha
Alpha rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Jessica Cantwell
Jessica Cantwell rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2014
  • Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia
  • The Ultimate Unauthorized Eragon Guide: The Hidden Facts Behind the World of Alagaesia
  • Lee Raven, Boy Thief
  • Underground
  • Manga: The Complete Guide
  • Ring of Fire: An Indonesia Odyssey
  • Flower Fairies of the Wayside
  • Salem Brownstone: All Along the Watchtowers
  • The Bones of Makaidos (Oracles of Fire, #4)
  • Nibiru dan Kesatria Atlantis
  • Dragon Seer
  • Ice Shock (The Joshua Files, #2)
  • Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)
  • Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #13)
  • Wizards: Magical Tales From the Masters of Modern Fantasy
  • The Jumbee
  • The Utterly Utterly Merry Comic Relief Christmas Book
  • Die Königin der Schattenstadt (Malfuria, #3)
Mike Macauley was inspired to start Shurtugal.com when he read Eragon in high school. Shurtugal has since become the premier Inheritance Cycle fan site and a major source of information for the online-fan community.
More about Michael Macauley...