The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  10,306 ratings  ·  364 reviews
Jack Canfield, cocreator of the phenomenal bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul® series, turns to the principles he's studied, taught, and lived for more than 30 years in this practical and inspiring guide that will help any aspiring person get from where they are to where they want to be.

The Success Principles™ will teach you how to increase your confidence, tackle daily...more
Published December 26th 2006 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2004)

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyEvery Silver Lining Has a Cloud by Scott StevensThe Secret by Rhonda ByrneHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Best Self Help Books
16th out of 463 books — 728 voters
Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis BradberryYou Can Nail It by David R.  GrossMentor Me by Ken PoirotThe Jetstream of Success by Julian PencilliahThe Success Principles(TM) by Jack Canfield
Self-development
5th out of 123 books — 242 voters

More lists with this book...

Douglas
Feb 27, 2008 Douglas rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everybody
Shelves: self-improvement
This is an excellent-excellent book. I can't say how much this book really summarizes a lot of what I have read in a number of other books.

Surprisingly, I finished this 435 page monster in one week. I still have the receipt as a bookmark. It is one of the best books I have ever read, but more from an encouragement and support standpoint.

Amazon has had 215 people review the book. 200 of them gave it 5 stars! the other 15 four stars! It was compelling enough for me to start reading the book imme...more
Nick
I'm a great fan of self-help books. I read lots of them, enthusiastically, hoping for even one insight that will make me a better person. Canfield's (The Chicken Soup author) offering in the genre is the dumbest self-help book I've ever read. There are 65 principles for success in it, an absurd number that virtually guarantees that you'll never be able to follow any of them. And every single one is a cliche. To write this book, he must have gone to the bookstore, bought every self-help book he c...more
Enjoli
Jack Canfield has positivity in his hands and molds it to help him through all of his goals. He has not only made millions of peoples dreams come true by helping to motivate them, but has now put his knowledge of success in one book. The other inspiring part of this book is how he has managed to paraphrase other important and standard self-help and motivational books and condensed the most important parts in his own. He keeps you going with every page. I would stay up to 3am reading, and recentl...more
Liz
Let me tell you what I didn’t like about this book:

1) The name dropping stories will (and in some cases already are) dated. This book will not hold up over the years. He talks about people, TV Shows, movies etc, that in 75 years, no one will know what they are or who they were. I had this problem when I read Napoleon Hill’s books. Stuff that was a normal mind set when he wrote the books are no longer applicable. This caused me to grow frustrated while reading it.

2) The later principles talk abou...more
Andrea Samadi
I picked up Jack Canfield's Sucess Principles book since I was having such success with his Dream Big System, and didn't want to miss out on any nuggets of information that would help me get to where I am so excited to go. I am so glad I bought this book. There is nowhere else you need to go to figure out your life purpose, and begin to work your dream plan. He covers EVERYTHING you need to know about conceptualizing your goal from the thought stage, to buidling your team, to dealing with obstac...more
Marisa Walz
I loved this book. I read many motivational books and this is my favorite to date. It has been the most inspiring for me. I love his simple, precise writing - not a word is wasted. This book is one of those books where you start referring to your life in terms of "before I read the book" and "after I read the book." I recommend everyone read this.

There are no earth shattering revelations in here, per se; what is great about this book is that the revelations come in the form of a new way to look...more
Micky "CafeAuLait"
Let me just start off by saying I love Jack Canfield for writing this book that is how much I love it. This too was a life changer for me because I have always struggled in the past with setting and reaching goals. However, The Success Principles shows you how to do just that. It is also filled with people who were able to set and reach their goals by changing just a few things in their routine every day.

I initially checked this book out last year or the year before read a little bit of it and t...more
Armand
I consider this the bible of success as it contains principal laws that will help you attain success. Just like the bible you need to read the book from time to time to master it and use it as reference. The author doesn't pretend to take credit for all the principles written in the book but it was based also from other reference materials that he had gathered from know writers like Brain Tracy, Anthony Robbins to name a few. Divided into several parts from developing a successful attitude to ho...more
Taka
Read it--

Frankly, there are too many principles even in the abridged audio version of the book, but it draws from no less of authors than Tim Ferriss, Anthony Robbins, et al. and offers the condensed version of all the motivational and inspirations techniques and anecdotes.

As the author exhorts toward the end of the audiobook, I will be listening to it again and again to let my mind really absorb the principles.

Highly recommended.
Siri
I listened to this book and plan to do a monitored program of the principles with a friend of mine, who recommended we read this and do it together. I look forward to the program though i found this book, read aloud into audio, less exciting to hear than the one of his i listened to immediately prior. In combination, there are many, many entertaining antidotes and inspirations to be had. Lots can be learned from his gentle manner.
Jill Nolan
I think this is a really good book..... It's very positive and teaches a lot about how to succeed in business or personal goals. The biggest problem with it is that it focuses on the "Secret"....that the "self" can do anything. As a Christian, I believe that more focus needs to go toward honoring God and family and not so much on the "self". Other than that big thing, I enjoyed reading it and it was very positive.
M.K. McClintock
This book is typical of Jack Canfield, which means it's good. I don't normally read self-help or motivational type works, but this one was recommended to me, so I caved. It really is appropriate for any reader and even better for those in business. He offers tip after tip, story after story, and quotes and tips from other experts and success stories. All around, it's a great read and is worth a reader's time.
Robert Morgen
In the first chapter Jack Canfield addresses taking 100% Responsibility for your life and from there this book continues to be inspiring and educational.

This book is an excellent road map to get from where you are to where you want to be. The principles are simple and easy to understand yet life altering in scope. I couldn’t put it down!
Mac
A must-read for anyone who wants to become successful in pursuing dreams and goals. "Success" can be defined in many ways, but for this books, it mostly means having passion in your career, not being afraid to pursue it with all your heart. It teaches you to be smart and organized. Firstly, goals need to be realistically set, and schedule needs to be implemented daily. Each day is very important to achieve what you want and time is such a vital expense which cannot be overlooked at all. Time is...more
Keanu Taylor
May 30, 2013 Keanu Taylor rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone
Reading Sucks! That's what I used to think Before I've read this book.
This Book completely Changed my life. I've never read a book in my life and took so much action towards change in my personality and my future success. As I read the SIXTY-FOUR principles, I never ran across a statement or a belief that I didn't find true. The ones that I did question worked ONE-HUNDRED Percent of the time.
Before I read this book I was quiet, timid, and quiet frankly angry all of the time. I hated anything an...more
Steve Rath
Canfield's writing serves as a well-organized compendium of prinicples and action steps toward a life of greater fulfillment and purpose. Many of his ideas personally helped me reinforce some recent leadership training and personal development I just completed.

While I don't necessarily agree with all the conclusions that the author reaches with some of his principles (e.g. tithing), I did find ohers that resonated well and plan to integate those into my personal and professional growth and devel...more
Maiysha Clairborne
I did not become a big fan of Jack Canfield until I listened to this book on CD. I now want to buy the unabridged version. He very passionately describes all of the steps that he went through to become as successful as of a writer and businessman as he is today. Quotes like "feel the fear and do it anyway" are daily mantras for me now. This is a book that I will listen to for motivation and guidance over and over again as I continue my journey to financial freedom and success.
Marion
This is really a great book....I discovered Jack canfield after watching the Secret which is rather lame but well intended. But this book is solid how-tos and where to go and what to do to get things done. Considering the mental and emotional rut I was in after my divorce it really jump started me to manifest and create my own future and then begin living it.
Sonyajohnston
This book is full ideas how to have success in your life. It also has other sources that you can go to and get more depth in. He also has free downloads that go with his ideas. I read the Aladdin Factor a few years ago and decided to read his latest one. If you are looking for ways to get motivated and change the way you are doing things this is the book to read.
Jan
Listened to this on audio. It was good. I wish that it hadn't been an abridged version though. I also have the book and DVD, which I hope to get through someday. This is definately a book you need to read over and over again to be able to apply the principles to your life. So I am on to the book. I may have to just suck it up and buy this one.
Alex Le
I was reading this book and got inspired to work on
Josh Whitby
This is one of the best, most inspiring books I have ever read. If you ever thought your dreams couldn't come true or never knew your purpose in life this book will help you find it. If there is any aspect in your life that you wish to improve, Jack Canfield's priciples helps with it all.
Brandon Clay
I read this book on a cruise a few years ago and whether my euphoric state of mind, the ocean breeze, or the phase of life I was in, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

I will admit that I had not read any of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books (though my wife gave our kids copies) as I normally read "weightier" success books. I bought this book after spending 10 minutes with it at the airport bookstore.

Jack Canfield has done a good job presenting comprehensive information in The Success Principles...more
Piece Of MinD
One of the self-help books EVER written. sum up everything all together, quite long with alot "to-dos" but it really worth every second and penny

will read it over and over and OVER again
highly recommended!!!!!!!
Gidget Giardino
This is a book you do not simply read, it is a book you study. There are great stories to go along with instruction which help you realize where and what you need to be doing to achieve success in whatever you choose.
Andrew James
Everyone should own this. In traditional canfield fashion it give you an ability to use it as a resource and references, lots of great stories but mostly short applicable principles that work for you.
عبدالله عبدالرحمن
مايريد المؤلف قوله هو انه كل شئ يمكن تحقيقه وكل شئ في متناول يدك
كتاب وكاتب ممتلئين بالتفائل لدرجة تبسيط كل شئ
يمنح قارئة طاقة ايجابية ولكن يبعده عن الواقع قليلاً
انصح به
من افضل ما قرأت
Cen Cal
this was the first book i "made" myself finish because i learned so much about things i can do to make my life better all around...glad i did.
Josh
This may be the only "self-help" book you will ever need if your goal in life is to become a success story. Jack Canfield, the guy behind the "Chicken Soup of the Soul" books, has crafted a lengthy but thoroughly revelatory look at countless exercises, rituals, and practices you can begin implementing into your life immediately to get on the path to success. I will admit, there were times when I thought I would never finish this book (it's well over 400 pages, which is long for anything in the "...more
Venkataraman Kumbakonam S.

This is an excellent book.It is of a tremendous practical value. Jack Canfield has given in this book an exhaustive list of the Success Principles.

The usefulness of the book has increased many times because of the expansion of the basic ideas by the author. He has also enriched the book with real life-time stories; and elaborate discussion. He does not move on to the next principle, without completing all that he could do to impress the current principle in the minds of the reader.

The author ha...more
  • Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement
  • What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
  • How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal
  • Winning with People
  • Personal Development for Smart People: The Conscious Pursuit of Personal Growth
  • Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits
  • Magic Of Thinking Big
  • How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling
  • The Master Key System
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth

Canfield received a BA in Chi...more
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul) Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul

“What others think about you is none of your business.” 8 likes