Start by marking “Curious George and the Puppies” as Want to Read:
Curious George and the Puppies

Curious George and the Puppies (Curious George New Adventures)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  489 ratings  ·  32 reviews
When George and the man with the yellow hat visit the animal shelter, George is delighted to discover a large litter of puppies. At first, George just wants to pet the puppy, but then he wants to hold one. George's curiosity gets the best of him, and soon puppies are everywhere. Fall 1998 marks the introduction of eight new Curious George Adventures available in three form ...more
Published January 3rd 2011 by Harcourt Brace and Company (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George and the Puppies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George and the Puppies

Asho
I gave this one three stars only because my son likes it a lot and requests it often. My own personal rating for this one would be 2 stars (at best). It's not actually written by the Reys, but rather "in the style of." This may in fact be the case of most of the Curious George books at our library, I'm not sure how many of them were written and illustrated by the original creator(s).
There's a bit too much text and I don't feel like it flows very well. And while the dogs are cute--what kid doesn
Taylor Torgrimson
Curious George and the Puppies is a cute and easy to read to your students. There is a series of other Curious George books that take each reader through another adventure with George. In this book, Curious George visits an animal shelter and finds a litter of puppies. However, true to his name George becomes very curious and eager to hold one of the puppies. As George unlatches the door the entire litter escapes and run amuch the shelter. Together with the help of the animal shelter director an ...more
Laura Ender
First book my three-month-old son smiled at, so yeah, I liked it.
Craig
This is a fun one. Chloe and I like reading this one in a silly manner lately, switching words around and such.
Karen
Curious George is always perfectly drawn. And I like the stories that are created around him. I just have difficulty with a monkey in captivity. And I find the man in the yellow hat a bit creepy. If I can set aside my initial reservations and prejudices, this book was an adorable story.

When I read this book to my five-year-old son, he saw Curious George as a five-year-old boy. He enjoyed the story, and I enjoyed the artwork.
Alyn
George saves the day again but not before letting loose puppies!
Anna
Part of the Kohls' Cares program.

George and his friend, the man with the yellow hat, find a lost kitten and take it to the animal shelter. While there, George goes looking for puppies and he accidentally lets them all out. Everyone has to work together to find all the puppies and at the end, George gets to choose a puppy to take home with him.

Brought to boys December 2013.
Tam
George and the man with the yellow hat found a lost kitten. At the animal shelter, CG snooped around. He followed barking noises to a room filled with dogs where he saw a cage filled with puppies. He opened the cage to pet one and all the puppies ran out! The director and man with the yellow hat put the puppies back in the cage but they could still hear one barking. It was the missing puppy and it was locked in a different room. The director was so happy to find it, she gave George his own puppy ...more
Samantha
George and the man with the yellow hat find a small kitten in the park. They decided to take him to an animal shelter. This is Georges first visit so he is so excited to see all the animals, especially the puppies. He accidently lets them out when he is left unsupervised. Everyone ends up getting the puppies rounded up and they find the missing puppy, thanks to George. This book is good for teaching sequencing.
Jessica Nekuda
One of the better George books :)
jacky
Even though she likes the cartoon show and stuffed animals of George, Natalie wasn't ready for a George book. I forced our way through it during lunch because every other time she closed the book or wandered off. The story was cute; very typical George. I liked the best when the puppies are all over. The text and illustration went really well together.
Christie Suh
George goes to the animal shelter with the man with the yellow hat. The doctor warns them that there's a missing puppy. George is left alone and finds where they keep the dogs. When he opens the cage to play with the dogs they escape. The mother dog starts barking at the door and they discover the missing puppy was in the closet.
Michelle
Curious George is always getting himself into trouble. This time he is at an animal shelter with the man in the yellow hat. He sees many animals there, but he is very interested in the puppies. What will happen when he tries to pet one?
This book can be used in the classroom to talk about making predictions and sequencing.
Summer
Not a dog lover but this was a fun book to read. Grayson's great-grandma got him this for Christmas along with a very soft stuffed puppy! :)
Heather
21 months - the moral of this story find a kitty and trade it in for a new model... A puppy instead. I don't know why I can't keep from thinking this every time we read this story. You of course enjoy any Curious George story.
Holly
Wy LOVES "Goge" and puppies, so this one is a win-win all around!
Alicia
Nakyla loves the George books. Sometimes there is a little big of oddness to them. I think if they were published for the first time today, they wouldn't be very popular.
Teri
Curious George stirs up trouble at the animal shelter, just being his cute, adorable self. The illustrations are fantastic and the story is simple, but fun and sweet.
Dorian
The pictures and story line in this book are wonderful. I reAd it to a reluctant reader during a 3 hour car ride and he insisted that I read it over and over.
Petrie Serrano
Mediocre. 2.5YO who loves George and puppies said to take it back to the library after one reading. Extra star for encouraging shelter pet adoption.
Sheila
A fun Curious George story about a trip to the animal shelter. Curious George is again too curious for his own good.
Markus
So it's Curious George Marathon week at the Rodriguez house. It's a fair selection but likely won't be a classic.
Sam
Puppies! Dog, dog, dog (pointing)

(It's Curious George, 5 stars, Daddy and Mommy tire of reading George)
Sheila
Another fun Curious George book! There's mischief, mayhem, and of course... a happy ending! :)
Tricia
who doesn't love curious george and his antics? not an original story but the usual formula.
Margaret
Another one from the "blue" treasury and a good example of good and bad outcomes of chaos.
Theresa
a cute collection of books that share stories of curious george
Evan D
Quite possibly our favorite George ever.
Jeremy
Read again on Sept. 25, 2013.
Tabitha
  • Sheep in a Shop
  • The Nose Book
  • A House Is a House for Me
  • Clifford's First Snow Day
Hans Augusto Rey was born on September 16, 1898, in Hamburg, Germany. He grew up there near the world-famous Hagenbeck Zoo, and developed a lifelong love for animals and drawing. Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein (who would be known to most of the world as Margret Rey) was also born in Hamburg on May 16, 1906. The two met briefly when Margret was a young girl, before she left Hamburg to study art. The ...more
More about H.A. Rey...
Curious George Curious George Rides a Bike Curious George Takes a Job Curious George Gets a Medal Curious George Learns the Alphabet