Start by marking “Curious George and the Puppies” as Want to Read:
Curious George and the Puppies

Curious George and the Puppies (Curious George New Adventures)

When George and the man with the yellow hat visit the animal shelter, George is delighted to discover a large litter of puppies. At first, George just wants to pet the puppy, but then he wants to hold one. George's curiousity gets the best of him, and soon puppies are everywhere. Fall 1998 marks the introduction of eight new Curious George Adventures available in three for ...more
Published January 3rd 2011 by Harcourt Brace and Company (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George and the Puppies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George and the Puppies

Laura Ender
Jul 26, 2013 Laura Ender rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book my three-month-old son smiled at, so yeah, I liked it.
bree
May 18, 2017 bree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first time I was introduced to Curious George was when the movie came out. I was young and had been a fan of Jack Johnson since I was a baby. I remember his music being what made the movie so special for me. I still think I have that whole CD lying around somewhere. Now that I'm older it's nice to see the movie that I loved has really grown into books I can share with the little ones in my life. This book lives up to everything you could hope for from Curious George. He's just as curious, mi ...more
Asho
I gave this one three stars only because my son likes it a lot and requests it often. My own personal rating for this one would be 2 stars (at best). It's not actually written by the Reys, but rather "in the style of." This may in fact be the case of most of the Curious George books at our library, I'm not sure how many of them were written and illustrated by the original creator(s).
There's a bit too much text and I don't feel like it flows very well. And while the dogs are cute--what kid doesn
Taylor Torgrimson
Oct 02, 2014 Taylor Torgrimson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-aloud
Curious George and the Puppies is a cute and easy to read to your students. There is a series of other Curious George books that take each reader through another adventure with George. In this book, Curious George visits an animal shelter and finds a litter of puppies. However, true to his name George becomes very curious and eager to hold one of the puppies. As George unlatches the door the entire litter escapes and run amuch the shelter. Together with the help of the animal shelter director an ...more
Dharia Scarab

Myself, I go ou
Tam
Mar 11, 2012 Tam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
George and the man with the yellow hat found a lost kitten. At the animal shelter, CG snooped around. He followed barking noises to a room filled with dogs where he saw a cage filled with puppies. He opened the cage to pet one and all the puppies ran out! The director and man with the yellow hat put the puppies back in the cage but they could still hear one barking. It was the missing puppy and it was locked in a different room. The director was so happy to find it, she gave George his own puppy ...more
Karen
Jan 02, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious George is always perfectly drawn. And I like the stories that are created around him. I just have difficulty with a monkey in captivity. And I find the man in the yellow hat a bit creepy. If I can set aside my initial reservations and prejudices, this book was an adorable story.

When I read this book to my five-year-old son, he saw Curious George as a five-year-old boy. He enjoyed the story, and I enjoyed the artwork.
Samantha
George and the man with the yellow hat find a small kitten in the park. They decided to take him to an animal shelter. This is Georges first visit so he is so excited to see all the animals, especially the puppies. He accidently lets them out when he is left unsupervised. Everyone ends up getting the puppies rounded up and they find the missing puppy, thanks to George. This book is good for teaching sequencing.
Rosa Cline
Apr 06, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
One of the original stories, can't get any better than those. This one George and the man find a lost kitten in the park. They take it to the animal shelter while they are there they look around. And George as curious as he is he got into trouble and let all the animals out but in the end a Mama Dog finds her lost puppy that had George not let her out wouldn't have been found. A good book to teach children the importance of animal shelters, and going there to get their new pet.
Anna
Jan 05, 2014 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Part of the Kohls' Cares program.

George and his friend, the man with the yellow hat, find a lost kitten and take it to the animal shelter. While there, George goes looking for puppies and he accidentally lets them all out. Everyone has to work together to find all the puppies and at the end, George gets to choose a puppy to take home with him.

Brought to boys December 2013.
Christie Suh
George goes to the animal shelter with the man with the yellow hat. The doctor warns them that there's a missing puppy. George is left alone and finds where they keep the dogs. When he opens the cage to play with the dogs they escape. The mother dog starts barking at the door and they discover the missing puppy was in the closet.
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
My 3 year old loves Curious George. He watches all TV shows on all 6 seasons on Netflix. He watches many reruns on TV. Recently I bought him about 15 different books. He learns a lot from it. Great series, books and TV shows. He enjoys this book tonight. I read him 5 curious George books a night. He likes me to read and re-read them for him.
Michelle
Curious George is always getting himself into trouble. This time he is at an animal shelter with the man in the yellow hat. He sees many animals there, but he is very interested in the puppies. What will happen when he tries to pet one?
This book can be used in the classroom to talk about making predictions and sequencing.
jacky
Even though she likes the cartoon show and stuffed animals of George, Natalie wasn't ready for a George book. I forced our way through it during lunch because every other time she closed the book or wandered off. The story was cute; very typical George. I liked the best when the puppies are all over. The text and illustration went really well together.
The Brothers
Curious George wreaks his special brand of havoc at the local animal rescue. But as usual, his naughtiness is rewarded by ultimately turning up some good.

Typical Curious George illustrations.
Kiah Ballard
I think this book would be good to promote children's thought process. In this book the characters are presented with problems. I would use this book to help children develop problem solving skills that they can use later on.
Brent Rogers
Apr 28, 2015 Brent Rogers rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beginners
When George and the man with the yellow hat visit the animal shelter, George sees puppies. At first, George just wants to pet the puppy, but then he wants to hold one. Before you know it, there's puppies everywhere.
Heather
Feb 24, 2011 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-library
21 months - the moral of this story find a kitty and trade it in for a new model... A puppy instead. I don't know why I can't keep from thinking this every time we read this story. You of course enjoy any Curious George story.
Markus
Sep 18, 2013 Markus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So it's Curious George Marathon week at the Rodriguez house. It's a fair selection but likely won't be a classic.
Holly
Feb 25, 2014 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-books-read
Wy LOVES "Goge" and puppies, so this one is a win-win all around!
Dorian
Oct 09, 2013 Dorian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The pictures and story line in this book are wonderful. I reAd it to a reluctant reader during a 3 hour car ride and he insisted that I read it over and over.
Craig
This is a fun one. Chloe and I like reading this one in a silly manner lately, switching words around and such.
Alicia
Jul 09, 2009 Alicia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Nakyla loves the George books. Sometimes there is a little big of oddness to them. I think if they were published for the first time today, they wouldn't be very popular.
Jessica Nekuda
Jan 21, 2014 Jessica Nekuda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the better George books :)
Vaishali
Clearly I am in the wrong profession if someone could be making a ton of money with a book franchise with not-too-clever ideas. Curious George remains an adorable cartoon, however.
Milo
Apr 10, 2016 Milo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"It's good. Because I like puppies. It is fun that George finds puppies."
Summer
Not a dog lover but this was a fun book to read. Grayson's great-grandma got him this for Christmas along with a very soft stuffed puppy! :)
Annm
Sep 02, 2016 Annm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this to my daughter while we were on the emergency room for an injured neck. It had been a long time since I'd read a book to her and we both enjoyed it very much. She's 16. And ok.
Sheila
Sep 18, 2011 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
A fun Curious George story about a trip to the animal shelter. Curious George is again too curious for his own good.
Liam
  • Franklin Fibs
  • Five Little Monkeys Reading in Bed
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
  • Froggy's Halloween
  • The Lost Dinosaur Bone (Little Critter)
  • Fancy Nancy: The Dazzling Book Report
  • Huggy Kissy
  • Five Little Pumpkins
  • Sheep in a Shop
  • The Magic School Bus Fights Germs
  • Biscuit and the Little Pup
  • Horns to Toes and in Between
  • Moby Dick: A BabyLit Ocean Primer
Hans Augusto Rey was born on September 16, 1898, in Hamburg, Germany. He grew up there near the world-famous Hagenbeck Zoo, and developed a lifelong love for animals and drawing. Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein (who would be known to most of the world as Margret Rey) was also born in Hamburg on May 16, 1906. The two met briefly when Margret was a young girl, before she left Hamburg to study art. The ...more
More about H.A. Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium