Start by marking “Something Unexpected” as Want to Read:
Something Unexpected

Something Unexpected

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  958 ratings  ·  44 reviews
A one night stand in a limo with her boss's son had consequences Zacari didn't count on. But when she had been trying to get over finding her cheating ex-boyfriend in bed with her best friend, Keary seemed to be just what she needed to exercise her demons and satisfy a sexual void she never knew she had. Keary O'Connor didn't care what Zacari's motives were the night she w ...more
Published (first published November 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Something Unexpected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Unexpected

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsPerfection by R.L. MathewsonThe Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred
Best Accidentally Pregnant in Romance Novels
111th out of 529 books — 1,601 voters
Beast by Pepper PaceThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora TaylorDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. Nelson
Best Interracial Reads
51st out of 457 books — 339 voters

More lists with this book...

Tina
DNF. I got about half way through and gave up. The writing was....not great. I know this is an erotica and this there is an expectation of explicit sexual scenes, but the plot was barely there and the copious amounts of sex was frankly tiresome. I should have stuck to my initial instincts when I found myself skeptical at my ability to enjoy a non science fiction genre book where the main character's names are Zacari and Keary.

Flee. Save yourselves.
Heather in FL
Ahhh Keary! I don't think guys like him really exist, but he was a great hero. Zacari finds her fiancee and her best friend in bed, so she goes to a bar on the other side of town (doesn't want to run into anyone she knows) to get hammered and drown her sorrows. After having too much to drink, Keary steps in -- he's the son of the owner of the company she works for, so he knows her -- and takes her home. The alcohol gives her courage to seduce him in his limo on her way home. She never intended t ...more
J
Michaella Palmer
Now if you have read my profile you know my feeling about books like this one. The author here has tried to bamboozle her readers, tried to defraud us of every cent of knowledge we have, to tried to degrade our intelligence and constitution to that of a Caterpillar.

This is what is known as interracial baby mama drama the book is so foolish it would be a waste to even begin to outline the problems

in layman terms if you want a cheap quick fuck a baby plopped in for added uselessness please go ahe
Jeanae Tyra
Why is it that the whole time I was reading this book the background music for it to me was Mr.Loverman by Shabba Ranks?
Tony
Jun 03, 2011 Tony rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: z-list
This book was not at all what I expected and I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Zacari and whats his name.
Marcia Walkerdine
This is my kind of story it grabs your attention from page 1. Zacari and Keary's Story. Keary is a great guy who loves Zacari and really has to work hard to prove that he loves her for her. I loved this story it was a real page turner, romantic and engaging! An excellent read.
Jane
I could not stand the two main characters in the book! They were both so annoying, seriously a whole big misccomunication that lead to going back and forth between having sex, sulking that their feelings aren't mutual and then having sex all over again. I am not even sure why I am giving this a two star rating...

Paula Legate
Parts of this book reminds me of the book “50 shades of gray” for it is hot and steamy! Keary was attentive and caring throughout Zacari’s pregnancy. Keary was in love with Zacari, but had to work hard to prove his love to her. She thought he only wanted to marry her for the baby. The book itself was good, but would have been better if it was longer.
Judith
An interracial romance featuring a beautiful African American woman who has now found her fiance in bed with her best friend and decides to hook up with her bosses son for a one-night stand. A very engaging love story of how these two people become involved "after the fact" and begin to walk a journey of discovery together.
A-W
I enjoyed this book so much that i read it in a day. I was drawn in by the exotic passion between the two main characters from the start of their encounter.
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
It only took me a day 2 finish this book. It was a short 1, but I liked it. It hit alil close 2 home 4 me. Not the 1 night stand part.
Sonya
A happy ending to a not so smart start. Love and passion should not be hindered by limited perspectives...
La-kesha
This was such a real life book, I enjoyed watching the the couple fall in love.
Nicole
I really enjoyed this one the story flowed naturally
Ethel
Really enjoyed. Ms. Lockwood out did herself.
Beth
This book was an unexpected treat.
ARe Cafe
Something Unexpected is a great title for a great story. Zacari’s character faces challenges that are very familiar such as her broken heart and impulsive action. Keary as well is faced with deciding whether to trust a woman he barely knows. The novel is relatively short but a lot happens in the span of just over a hundred pages. Zacari is of African American descent and while Keary finds her chocolate brown complexion a decadent turn-on, Zacari’s rival tries to make her feel undeserving of his ...more
BIPL Reads
Something Unexpected is the unconventional interracial romance story of Zacari and Keary. The book opens with Zacari dealing with the unexpected blow of finding her “best friend” and her boyfriend in bed together. In order to try to deal with this blow she decides to use alcohol to numb her pain at a bar on the other side of town. At this point the hero of the book, Keary, steps in to make sure that Zacari gets home safely. Keary is a rich man who is the son of her boss and he offers Zacari a ri ...more
Slmarine68
Loved this book. Could not put it down for nothing. I read this book a couple of times. Very good author. Worth it.
Ivory
It had some cute moments...didn't think I would finish it but I struggled through.
Lucretia Garrett
This was a sweet romantic quick read...
D.lee
This is my first time reading one of Ms.Lockwood's books, however I truly enjoyed the story. Keary had a quiet determined, but patient confidence that I admire. He and Zacari had a one night stand that develops into more due to an unexpected surprise. I think it flowed nicely and I knew I was buying a book published under erotica, therefore I expected graphic sexual encounters. All in all it was basically a good story and I will definitely consider reading other books by Ms.Lockwood.
Kimberly
Boring! Very uneventful.
Laverne Brewster
3.75 Stars. After seeing her boyfriend and her best friend in her bed having sex, Kacari went to a company party, got drunk and ended up having a one night stand with the president of the company's son, Keary O'Connor. She received a promotion and was relocated to another city into the office run by Keary, she also discovers that she is pregnant. She and Keary overcome some stumbling blocks and develop a loving relationship.
Ragatnia Clara
Well, I guess it took a lot of a man to believe that some woman sent him a letter that said he was a father of their kid, just from one night stand in a limo. What bothered me is why the hell Keary didn't say "I love you" to Zacari, knowing that she's pessimist and confused about his feelings. But well, a nice quick read.
Sauniell
This was an all around mess. I'm almost ashamed to admit I read this. Since this appears to be one of the authors earlier works I may read something more current to see if the writing has improved. But the next time I'm only giving it 3 chapters. I only finished this bc I knew it was short.
Chanel
I gave this book three stars even though I thought it was mediocre at best. Zacari was a push over until she got pregnant. Keary was okay and likeable at first until the end when he became a dominant sex fiend. The writing made it easy to read so I wouldn't pass up this story.
Jeanna-Has Probably Read It!
Oh how I loved me some Keary! I have to say I could relate to Zacari's pain but there were some parts where I was saying girl you are going to chase this man away with all of the insecurities. But oh he was a hottie and nice dream to have.
Barbara
WOW! Zacari & Keary met by chance at a bar and had a one night stand neither one could or wanted to forget. The intimate scenes where off the chain! They did everything...Freaky or Kinky they tried it.I got to read some more books by this author.
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • A Night to Remember
  • Special Forces
  • Love Script
  • Trolling Nights
  • Weekend Fling
  • Anatoly Medlov: Complete Reign (The Medlov Crime Family, #3)
  • Taming the Scotsman
  • Windows (Italian Knights, #1)
  • The Sweetest Taboo (Redemption, #5)
  • Her Russian Billionaire (50 Loving States #2)
  • Friends
  • The Sweet Spot
  • No Commitment Required
  • He's So Shy (Bad Boys, #1)
  • Reye's Gold
  • Player's Ultimatum
Stripped Bear Tempting a Wolf Bear Necessities Hopelessly Devoted to You City Wolf