Start by marking “Beautiful Stranger (A-List, #9)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Stranger (A-List, #9)

Beautiful Stranger (A-List #9)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  1,806 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Anna decides to take an end-of-summer getaway-to get away from her drama-filled LA life. So she packs her Louis Vuitton, grabs her close friend Sam, and heads to the Big Apple. Between trips to the Met and shopping at Bendel's, the girls are living the A-List life on Anna's home turf. But their trip isn't exactly a vacation. Sam is here to spy on Eduardo and decode his rec ...more
Published September 17th 2007 by Poppy (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Stranger

Curious George by H.A. ReyHow Not to Murder Your Grumpy by Carol E. WyerThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonWatchmen by Alan MooreOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
Yellowest Books Ever
190th out of 802 books — 389 voters
The A-List by Zoey DeanGirls on Film by Zoey DeanThe A-List by Zoey DeanSunset Boulevard by Zoey DeanAmerican Beauty by Zoey Dean
The A-List Series
12th out of 12 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristina Hoerner
This book is another in one of the series of teen books I consider a guilty pleasure. It is like reading US Magazine or the exploits of Paris Hilton. This is not deep reading but it is enjoyable and goes fast. I still don't like this series as much as Gossip Girl but it is not bad.
Luisa
i think it is a preety good book
sometime i got really mad at things
that happen, and wished i was the
writer and change it.
Jasmine Lake
I will start with saying that I learned that the author, Zoey Dean, seems pretentious and stuck up just like Cammie. I feel as if these books get worse and worse and the series continues. I never got into Beautiful Stranger because a) it was boring and b) there wasn't any good character development (you would have thought that the characters would have done plenty of developing by the 9th book but NO.

So we start off with Anna and Ben on the rocks (like always) and Cammie wanting Ben and all his
Dee
Dec 27, 2011 Dee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: i-own
I.. LOVE.. LOGAN!
He's amazing, cute, witty and he just clicked with Anna since they both had history together. May not be not much romantically, but hoo boy, I got so hyped in the ending when Anna decided to follow him. (Spoiler alert!) I kinda agree with Sam that Ben isn't quite good for Anna. It seems that everytime they get togther, there's a third girl in the picture. Know what I mean? Although we can't blame Ben for his good looks and charisma, I'd have to give it to Eduardo for being truly
Alexis
The book I read was called, "Beautiful Stranger" by Zoey Dean. It is about this girl, the protagonist, Anna and she decides to take a summer trip to get away from her drama-filled life in California. She takes her close friend, Sam, and heads to New York! Beautiful Stranger is a great story to read for those who need a quick and easy book to read.

"Beautiful Stranger" is an amazing book for teenagers or young adults to read. It exposes them to a lifestyle of a person that is a big name. Many peo
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Previously in The A-List: Cammie and Anna had to work together on a fashion show, against their will, after getting caught trespassing on private property. Sam was trying to keep all the pieces in her life together, while Caine and Adam ran out of luck.

Now the A-Listers are back and this time, it's every person for themselves.

Anna wants to get away and clear her head since everything unexpected that has been happening to her.
Chasity
Readabook
Dec 20, 2009 Readabook rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like realy descriptive books
Recommended to Readabook by: the back page of some book that was advertising it
okay so i only started reading these books after i finished the gossip girl series, the it girl, pretty little liars, twilight, the clique and so on. i didnt have anything else to read so i started the a-list. i first saw it advertised in the back of some book and started reading the series.
im on beauitful stranger in the series and i just cant make myself finish the book. its sorta like a chore for me to read it, but i want to just finish the seires. what i have noticed in these books is tha
Katya
I swear, this series just gets worse and worse. I don't expect great things from beachy books about spoiled teenagers in Hollywood, but the glaring factual errors are plain distracting. At this point, I'm mostly reading because I'm curious about what happens to Anna, the only halfway-likeable character, and because it's fun picking apart the book.

Sam's insecurity is getting old. Didn't the same thing happen in the last book, when Eduardo was going to ask her to marry him? She jumped to conclusio
Nian
Nov 10, 2007 Nian rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to know how the rich and famous live
Shelves: 2007
The A-List is basically a series about a group of people who are all descendants of famous people that work in Hollywood. Set in Claifornia, each book talks about how the main characters undergo constant obstacles and a series of events that all lead to a lot of misunderstanding. (And seriously, they all have trust issues. How many more readings about betrayals and backstabbing can I withstand before I consider throwing the book away? But it's like an addiction almost; I can't stop reading, even ...more
Jessica
yet another yawn worthy boo hoo story from dean. Anna has to be one of the least likable heroines in the history of writing! Everything about her annoys me and makes me want to straight up slap her. The sam-eduardo romance had some cute aw worthy moments but otherwise it was still relatively boring. So glad to be nearly done with this series! i know this series wasnt really meant for adults but honestly i dont even see it being that great for younger kids. Theres certainly no role models in it a ...more
Yasmina
The book starts out with Anna and Ben at the Ben-Hur wrap up party where Ben tells her that he wants to open a club. Anna is not thrilled about the idea but goes along with it for a while. Caine shortly dumps Anna because he is serious with another girl. Eduardo proposes to Sam and she accepts. Cammie breaks up with Adam and she hooks up with Ben. Anna is hurt so she goes to New York with Sam and she thinks she is in love an old time friend from elementary school named Logan.

I can connect to Ann
Tiny Pants
Nov 01, 2008 Tiny Pants rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YA series junkies
I have to say, this was one of the few A-List books that I really, really liked -- it was a total page-turner. I know I say this with every volume, but this one really turns down the amount of time we have to spend with Anna, and wow does it make a big difference. When we are with her, she's mostly actually not mooning over Ben, which makes this even better -- I almost care what she thinks! (But then again, only almost -- in other words, not really). Dee's pretty much invisible in this book, but ...more
Siaw Hui
Frankly, if I could give this book a 0 out of 5 stars I would; that's how bad it was!

The only reason why this book ever ended up in my possession was because it was a gift from a friend. In all honesty, I tried to read it and never went beyond the 1st chapter because that was how crap the plot was and how superficial the characters were! And even then I was already finding the entire thing tedious so much so that I was skipping huge chunk of texts to figure out the direction Dean was trying to h
Manoja K.
Andrea
Cassey Lagura
Five stars because of Logan.
Peggy Bonnington
Dec 14, 2010 Peggy Bonnington rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one!
Shelves: cant-finish
This is more like "read enough" than actually "read." Not worth finishing, even in one of those moods where a little trash would be OK. This isn't even good trash, just - as another reviewer wrote - BORING! Not enough story to even half make up for page after page of empty trivia and labels name-dropping. Vacuous beyond belief. So I'm signing off, not about to waste the time finishing it. I would hope even the teen set could do better than this!
Ani
This was pretty good! I am so happy for Sam and Eduardo, and I am so excited about Logan. He seems really amazing, and a better alternative to Ben. At least for Anna. The cliffhanger is ridiculous though! I can't wait to read the next book to this dramatic series.
Sofia Anwar
It was a promising story, though I wouldn't rate it 'Excellent'. I mean, the story is god but I don't enjoy reading it because it's more to an adult kind of story, but teens can still read it though.
Tami
the story continues, and i am not sure i want it to end. cute segments if you are a new yorker, and love certain places. like they only waited 20 minutes in line at wohop. i love that place.
Kate
The ninth in the A List series, and better then the rest. As the series is coming to an end the books are getting much better. Anna elopes with a stranger from her past!!
Morgan
Like all the rest of the A-List series, this book is very addictive. Once I start reading I can't put it down and when once is finished I can't wait for the next one to come out
Kourtney
Not one of the better books in the series. It's almost as though Dean began running out of things to write about. That must be why the stories wrap up in the next book.
Aria
This book was a light and easy read, as usual. Once again, I was totally jealous of Sam's man, Eduardo. I can't wait to read the last book in the series.
Gina
Loved it! I finished it last night, and was sad it was over. I thought there were a few more pages, but it was just stuff about Gossip Girls :[
Caroline
There's more romantic beating around the bush, and in the end of this book you just know it's a placeholder for the final book.
Chelsea
May 29, 2008 Chelsea rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teen girls
this was a really good book,althougth it has been a while since i've read it! it was a good continuation of this series.
Kristen
Yay last one to review (for now)…is intrilligent a word?…nope…its not. Eh, is now. This book was intrilligent!
Raina
Happy to finally be able to finish the series. I wonder if Zoey Dean will keep it going, though...
  • Unforgettable (It Girl, #4)
  • Vengeance (Private, #14)
The author of The A-List series and How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls, which has been renamed and turned into a TV show known as Privileged on the CW in September 2008. Zoey Dean's books are produced by the media packager Alloy Entertainment, which created Gossip Girl, The Clique Series, and The A-List and sold them to Little, Brown and Company.
Zoey is currently working on The Talent series. She is
More about Zoey Dean...
The A-List (A-List, #1) Girls on Film (A-List, #2) Blonde Ambition (A-List, #3) Tall Cool One (A-List, #4) Back in Black (A-List, #5)