Start by marking “So I Married A Demon Slayer (Includes: Demon Hunting #1.5)” as Want to Read:
So I Married A Demon Slayer (Includes: Demon Hunting #1.5)

So I Married A Demon Slayer (Demon Hunting #1.5)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  274 ratings  ·  30 reviews
In the lusty humidity of the Deep South, among the neon lights of Vegas, and the glitz of high-fashion, demon slayers are the new sexy...

Hot! by Kathy Love

Paperback, Brava Paranormal Romance, 323 pages
Published August 30th 2011 by Brava (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about So I Married A Demon Slayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So I Married A Demon Slayer

Shelly Blackmore
"So I Married a Demon Slayer" is an anothology of three short stories about, you guessed it, demon slayers and the women they love.

The first story, "Hot!" is about a struggling photographer who takes a job in the mailroom of the biggest fashion magazine in the world, "Hot!" in an attempt to work his way up. What he doesn't realize is that Hot! is a demon-run organization, and many of the employees are either demons or have sold their souls to get where they are. Of course he falls in love with a
Avice Whittall
I want to first say that I won this book in a goodsreads contest. I loved Angie Fox's story it cracked me up and was a very sexy read! Will write more when I finish the other stories. I can't wait to read more books by Angie Fox!
Caro
This was a pretty good book. I liked all the stories, but the last two more than the first one. The first one would get three stars, but the other two would get four. I loved the characters and the story lines. I wouldn't mind reading this again, but more for passing time or something to read. Great for reading but not a go-to. Enjoy!
Lisa
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a ARC of the anthology book "So i Married a Demon Slayer" by a trio of authors, Kathy Love, Angie fox and Lexi George. I have to admit that i was after the Lexi George novella. I read her debut novel(Demon Hunting in Dixie) a while back and loved it so much I've been patiently waiting for more.

The blurb.

So I Married a Demon Slayer
Aug. 30th 2011

Dark Faerie Tales
Review Courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Three light-hearted reads that are good for any day of the week.

The Review:

“HOT!” by Kathy Love

This story takes place in the brutal world of high fashion publishing in the otherwise beautiful present day New York City. A one-time small town girl from Kansas, Addy Wellmeyer, now known as Ava Wells, has sold her soul to a demon in exchange for a promise of fame and fortune. Now she just wishes for the simple things in life. Charlie Bowen is s
Fedora
Entertaining trio of supernatural reads.

Kathy Love's Hot! features Charlie, an aspiring photographer/mailroom guy who longs to get his portfolio in front of Finola White--someone who can make or break a career as she runs THE magazine... What he doesn't realize is that Finola isn't who or what she appears, and neither is the mailroom... By chance he meets Ava, a top model. An enjoyable novella about an accidental demon slayer.

What Slays in Vegas is Angie Fox's contribution, and takes place about
Nora-adrienne
So I Married a Demon Slayer
By: Kathy Love, Angie Fox, Lexi George
Copyright: September 2011
Publisher: Brava (Paranormal Romance)

Hot! By Kathy Love
At Hot! Magazine, the devil really does wear Prada. When the CEO is an actual demon and the mail room guys are undercover demon slayers, it's not beyond the realm of possibility for an up-and-coming photographer and a model possessed by much more than a sweet tooth to fall in love.
What Slays In Vegas by Angie Fox
When a sexy succubus comes up against a
Morwa Pal
A half-human, half-succubus, all Shiloh really wanted was a new assignment in Lust. Even though she was half-succubus, it was the only way she could eat, by feeding off men’s desires, and she was starving. Bribing her superior with a case of Fitz’s, Shiloh practically runs to her newest assignment.

Damien has lived his life by the slayer rules. On a mission to stop the most powerful demon in Vegas before he opens a portal and unleashes hell on earth, Damien plans to use a succubus to achieve his
Sharon

This is a light and fun paranormal romance anthology about sexy demon slaying men falling in love. Angie Fox was the only author I was familiar with, but I was looking forward to trying out the new authors. I think novellas are the perfect medium for this purpose.

The first story Hot! was disappointing. The story didn’t really go anywhere and there wasn’t any real conclusion to the story. It also wasn’t done in the silly humorous way the other two stories w
Jennifer Estep
So I Married a Demon Slayer by Kathy Love, Angie Fox, and Lexi George is a light paranormal romance anthology.

In Love's HOT!, photographer Charlie Bowen has to start somewhere, so he takes a job in the mailroom of HOT! fashion magazine. Charlie hopes to get his photographs in front of the magazine's editor, but instead, he gets involved with beautiful model Ava Wells. But there's more going on at the magazine and with Ava than meets the eye.

In Fox's What Slays in Vegas, half-succubus Shiloh is h
Leanne
What a tangled web they weave these Demons lol All the stories were fun to read and quick to get through. I like a fun read from time to time.The first story by Kathy Love was a little hard to follow at first but the story fell together quickly. Hunky photographer and hot Demoness Model make for a great read! I don't want to give away the story lol The love scene is spectacular!The next story by Angie Fox is quite delicious as well. What starts off a by the book feeding on lust turns into a craz ...more
Kathy
Susan1566
I've only read the portion by Lexi George - The Bride Wore Demon Dust as I was reading her Demon Hunter series. This was a good addition to the rest of the books. Rafe is a typical Dhalvanni, determined to keep away and stay emotionaly distant but Bunny (I hate that name for a character - it makes me think of a blonde bimbo - no offense to blondes!), she is actually a stronger character than her name implies. The only problem with this is that it was too short.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Anthology containing three stories by Kathy Love, Angie Fox and Lexi George.

Kathy Love’s 'HOT!' is the first story in what I refer to as the Devilishly series where a demon runs HOT! magazine and is trying to take over the world via the fashion industry.

Angie Fox’s story 'What Slays in Vegas' is a novella that takes place between books 2 & 3 in the Demon Slayer series.

Lexi George’s story 'The Bride Wore Demon Dust' is a novella between books 1 & 2 in her Demon Hunting series where hunky
Amber
First story-Meh. Second Story-Yes. Third Story-Okay. Verdict: Overall good read, recommend because I do love some humour in my stories.
Missyb
Only read the short story by Angie Fox.
Very cute, but other then a mention of Lizzie about half way through, and some other mentions of another demon slayer and her incident in Vegas, this short story basically has nothing to do with the rest of the series. It's listed as book 1.5 but should be read as book 2.5 to fit in time wise.

It is very cute, and has a good twist and some action. Hopefully these characters will pop up in the series. The characters are likeable & funny.
Mary
Slogged through the first one - nope, never got any better. Kind of ripped off Devil Wears Prada and Ugly Bettie. Sorry, but constant descriptions of how you are dressing Evil Barbie doesn't substitute for character development. I like Angie Fox, but couldn't finish this one. Didn't bother with the third. I have better things to do with my life.
Alicia
Jul 09, 2013 Alicia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Of the three stories, I enjoyed the third the most, but that is probably just because I have already read the first book in that series. The second story was also a fun read, I ended up adding that author's books to my tbr pile. The first story was just okay, it was a bit hard to get into and it felt rushed without much of a resolution at the end.
Karen
I didn't realize this is a collection of short stories.
The first one "Hot" is about a demon run fashion magazine. It was cute.
Hot sex scenes.

The second story: So I Married A Demon Slayer is about a demon run Vegas casino.
It was pretty cute.

Didn't read the third story.
Michelle Tempted By Books
I only read Angie Fox's What Slays in Vegas. It was pretty good. It felt rushed but most anthologies are that way.
Deyara
None of these really captured my interest, though were all enjoyable enough to finish. Didn't find them all that funny or exciting so wont be reading more by these authors in a hurry.
Valerie
The first book in the set I felt left with a cliffhanger. The last two stories were good especially the last one. I love the Lexi George books. They are fun.
Snarky Mom
Just read the Lexi George story about Bunny & Rafe. I read these a bit out of order since I wasn't sure who Rafe & Bunny were in the 3rd (?) book LOL!
Karen Desmond
I particularly enjoyed the Angie Fox & Lexi George stories in this themed compilation - with some laugh out loud moments in the Lexi George story.
Ellie
Charming humorous and entertaining! Once I actually got to sit down and read this, it was a delight.
Lisa
Enjoyed it but will not reread and do not plan to hurry out and find the authors' other work.
Livia
The rating is for What Slays In Vegas by Angie Fox and The Bride Wore Demon Dust by Lexi George.
Dana Whyte
loved it!! I would love to see more of these characters!
Khristine Stain
4 stars for What Slays in Vegas
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Releases September 1st 2011
  • Demon Hunting in the Deep South (Demon Hunting, #2)
  • The Real Werewives of Vampire County (Guardians of Eternity, #8.5)
  • Cupid Cats (Dark Ones #7.5 (Unleashed))
  • Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8)
  • Demons Are a Girl's Best Friend (Hex, #5)
  • Within the Flames (Dirk & Steele, #11)
  • Must Love Vampires
  • StarFire (DemonSlayers, #3)
  • Hold Me If You Can (Soulfire #3)
  • Shadowman (Shadow, #3)
  • The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance
  • Demons Prefer Blondes (Demons Unleashed, #1)
  • Bound by Night (Bound #1)
  • Nightshine (Kyndred, #4)
  • Half Past Dead (Includes: The Blades of the Rose, Prequel; Guardians of the Dark, #1)
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Sons of Midnight #2)
  • Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5)
  • Seaborne (Seaborne #1)
Angie Fox is the New York Times bestselling author of several books about vampires, werewolves and things that go bump in the night. She is best known for her Accidental Demon Slayer urban fantasy series. She is also writing a series about a group of paranormal MASH surgeons.

Angie claims that researching her stories can be just as much fun as writing them. In the name of fact-finding, Angie has r
More about Angie Fox...
The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1) The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #2) A Tale of Two Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #3) Last of the Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #4) Immortally Yours (Monster M*A*S*H, #1)