Start by marking “Moon Spinners (Seaside Knitters, #3)” as Want to Read:
Moon Spinners (Seaside Knitters, #3)

Moon Spinners (Seaside Knitters Mystery #3)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  928 Ratings  ·  97 Reviews
Readers can't help but get entangled in thisUSA Todaybestselling series.

Nell Endicott and the other Seaside Knitters are helping their friend Gracie Santos open the Lazy Lobster and Soup Café on Pelican Pier. They do however take a break to attend a special yacht club dinner held to honor Gracie's aunt-wearing their finest knitting creations.

Under the full moon, a local
Published (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Spinners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Spinners

Debbie
Dec 02, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun series and I had to hurry and read it because the next up in the series is a Christmas book and I just picked it up from the library, they had to borrow it from the bookmoblie...How many of you still have bookmobiles in your area?
Heather
I enjoyed the story line of the book. However, I found it hard to follow the large number of characters that have major roles in the book. I gave the book a higher rating because I hadn't read the first two books in the series; and maybe the characters would be more familiar to me if I had. When I purchased the book I did not realize that it was part of a series. This was a good story but hard to follow.
Micky Cox
Feb 16, 2016 Micky Cox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great visit with the seaside knitters gang! This is a great cozy mystery as the plot was well thought out and presented, the character development was fabulous as always and this author does a great job of keeping you guessing who committed the crime. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book in the series. The only complaint I have with this book is that there are a couple of places where mid chapter the author ends one scene at the end of the paragraph and picks up a completely ...more
Kari Ramirez
This was a fun little twisty-turny mystery. I always love reading these cozy mysteries that have something to do with knitting or crocheting, but I swear every time I do I itch to start a new project and end up with a few more patterns than I did before I started!

It most definitely a book I could curl up and read. While it's a murder mystery there's certainly something comforting about it.
Audrey
Jan 16, 2016 Audrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3
This is the third installment of the Seaside Knitter's mystery series and I find I am loving this series more and more and I especially love all the members of the Thursday night knitting group.

Sally Goldenbaum is such a good storyteller, the plot for this book has is very well written and has a few little twists and I really like that the author invites the reader along for the ride by dropping clues for us in the story.

In this book we get to meet some new characters and Cass even finds a possi
Ashley
Dec 08, 2010 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, knitting
See my previous reviews of these books (#1, #2) for how I feel about the series. Again we have an apparent lack of editing, mainly for grammar this time, since there was approximately zero knitting content. Cute stories, but nothing to rush out and buy immediately.

It is kind of funny how shocked and dismayed the characters are by the fact that there could be a murder in their small town. Um hello?! This is the third murder in three years.
Heather
Stitch and sleuth in the third delightful knitting mystery from the author of Patterns in the Sand.

In the quaint fishing village of Sea Harbor, Massachusetts, the Seaside Knitters are always looking for a new project. Their latest is helping their friend Gracie Santos open the Lazy Lobster and Soup Café on Pelican Pier. But they get sidetracked when Gracie’s aunt Sophia goes flying off the cliff in her red Ferrari-and it was no accident. As gossip builds, and rumors circulate, the Seaside Knitte
Mascanlon
Feb 19, 2011 Mascanlon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Another strong entry in this series. One of the things I like most is the care and concern of long married characters for each other. We aren't all 20 and model thin or 30 and recently divorced from our rat of a first husband. And several of the secondary characters are older folks with happy lives and wick sense of humor. We all should be so luck to have a group of friends like the knitting circle in these books.
Julie Barrett
Mar 31, 2015 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moon spinners by Sally Goldenbaugh
This Seaside knitters book is about a mystery surrounding the local knitting shop and all those that frequent it to help solve the murder.
A special yacht club dinner and the knitters are invited. Sohpia has been seen driving off a cliff but all the knitters know she never would've done that.
They must collect the clues and ask a lot of questions to find out who did it.
Some things around town are not making sense: why the path is closed off to get to the public ar
Teahibbity
Aug 16, 2014 Teahibbity rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I borrowed it from my mom after reading the back cover and become intrigued.

It took awhile to get into and understand who the characters are as I didn't read the first two books in the series. Once I got a hang of all the characters and how they were related, I fell into the book. I was pleasantly surprised by the twists in the novel and even when I thought I could predict what would happen next, I wasn't 100% right. Enjoyable read that isn't
Ruth
Oct 16, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed all of the Seaside Knitters' mysteries. Although, in one review that I read, a person said that there were too many characters to keep track of. Once you have read the initial book, however, and know who these reoccuring characters are it is much simpler to read all the books that follow.

Gracie Santos, was raised by her aunt and uncle because her flighty mother roamed in and out of her life, was frequently drunk and couldn't provide the stability that a child needed. Gracie has de
Sandy  Kemp
Mar 24, 2014 Sandy Kemp rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
I want to love this series, but I just can't. I just cannot find anything special in the main characters, they are rather boring. They all seem the same. Don't care who did the murder. Giving up in the middle. I did read books 1 and 2, don't remember them as being quite as uninteresting as this one. On the surface there are lots of reasons I should love this book - knitting, the Cape Ann setting. But I'm just not connecting with it.
Lisa Wilson
Jul 10, 2015 Lisa Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am still enjoying this series the third book in, although I am finding the male characters tied to the female leads to be just a little too good to be true. They seem to be based on an ideal male rather than realistic attributes.

But, since that's my only complaint, I'm still pretty happy with this guilty pleasure series.
Julie
May 24, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(audiobook)
I am enjoying this series more and more as I work my way down the line. The characters introduced earlier in the series are developing more throughout the books, making it feel more and more like a real place. I have thought on more than one occasion that I would like to find Sea Harbor and spend some time there!
Marcie
Mar 22, 2015 Marcie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light hearted read with a clever mystery. I started the series off with this book and I went back and read the previous ones later. The characters are enjoyable, but somewhat predictable. I definitely relate it to Murder She Wrote TV series, maybe because of the seafood =)
Robin
May 01, 2012 Robin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-not-read
I would have chosen zero stars if that was an option. I looked to this book to be a light read between some heavier subject books. Instead, I got a poorly written mess of a story. There were about 20 characters introduced in the first few pages. I read half of this book and I cannot continue. If its part of a series and we are supposed to know all of these characters already and not need explanation, it would nice if the book said that anywhere. Also, when you turn the page, you should have to c ...more
Debbie Maskus
This is a fun, light mystery series set in a coastal Massachusetts town. The people are interesting and caring. The beginning of summer provides intrigue when a businessman's wife drives her car off the road. Only the police discover that the brake line was severed. So begins the search for the killer and the unraveling of many community secrets. Goldenbaum strongly believes that money is the root of all-evil, and this third installment proves that theory. Romance begins to heat up for both Cass ...more
Skyler
Nov 24, 2014 Skyler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good cozy mystery. I do have to make a list of the characters to keep track. What makes it a four star book for me is its seaside small town setting.
Joy
Sep 29, 2015 Joy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasant mystery set in a seaside town with yacht club dinners and friends meeting at the knitting shop. Easy life -- except for the murder.
Teatime
Mar 03, 2016 Teatime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muuch better than the previous books in the series and the editing is better too-- good story!
Patricia Ludwiczak
Well written, but an effort to read. Too many extraneous characters, fairly predictable plot
Valerie
Nice setting plus it had a knitting shop so I thought it would be fun and it was.
Jessi
Another good story from Goldenbaum.
There are a LOT of people in this book and it
Took me some time to dredge up the memories if who everyone was, but when I did, it was fun to meet them all again.
This story revolves around the death of Sylvia Santos. She was a forceful woman whose husband was known to be cheating on her but to whom she was still married. Well, at least until her car goes over a cliff. But her husband isn't the only person who might have wanted her dead. There were several local
Linda
Aug 04, 2015 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
I enjoyed this entry in the series and I totally guessed wrong about who did it.
Diane
Johanna
Jul 29, 2014 Johanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Loved it! Such a fun read. Characters are charming and fun! Good story.
Jill
May 01, 2014 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
# 3 in series
Susan
A glittering evening ends in tragedy, as a car plummets off a cliff. The driver is killed, and the women who meet at the Sea Harbor yarn shop each Thursday night worry about the survivors, especially their friend Gracie Santos. Gracie is in the midst of a (harmonious) divorce from the son of her family's rivals in construction, and is working to open her own restaurant. Her erratic mother is a suspect in the eyes of the police. There seems to be no one to help her but the knitters.
Michele
Sep 21, 2010 Michele rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Honestly, this book was so choppy and started off so slowly it was a real chore to read. Plus, even though it's a series and I'd read the previous entries the characters are not all that memorable. I had a faint recollection of a couple, but there was no sense of returning to familiar company where you're eager to find out what's been happening and going on now. Couple that with a main character so unappealing it was hard to be sorry she'd been murdered and there's not a lot to recommend it.
Sara
Jan 31, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: at-library
Formulaic, but satisfying murder mystery. Great bedtime reading!
  • Till Death Do Us Purl (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #4)
  • Skein of the Crime (A Knitting Mystery, #8)
  • Behind the Seams (Crochet Mystery, #6)
  • Knit Fast, Die Young (Knitting Mysteries, #2)
  • Spinning in Her Grave (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery #3)
  • Sins and Needles (A Needlecraft Mystery, #10)
191267
Sally Goldenbaum is a philosophy teacher, knitter, editor, and the author of more than two-dozen novels.

Series:
* A Seaside Knitters Mystery
More about Sally Goldenbaum...

Seaside Knitters Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Death By Cashmere (Seaside Knitters, #1)
  • Patterns in the Sand (Seaside Knitters, #2)
  • A Holiday Yarn (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #4)
  • The Wedding Shawl (Seaside Knitters, #5)
  • A Fatal Fleece (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #6)
  • Angora Alibi (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #7)
  • Murder in Merino (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #8)
  • A Finely Knit Murder (Seaside Knitters Mystery, #9)
  • Trimmed With Murder (Seaside Knitters Mystery, #10)
  • Murder at Lambswool Farm (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #11)

“Why would anyone look further?” “There’s truth to that. You’re right. But Julianne may be telling her daughter she is innocent as one last attempt to look good in her eyes. How do we know for sure she didn’t kill Sophia? She’d been drinking that night. She hated her brother’s wife. I think we need more than instinct and Julianne’s word to write her off completely.” “Maybe,” Nell said, her voice lacking conviction. “But we also need to look into all the others who could have done it. I think if we look into everyone who was at the club that night, who would have had a chance to tinker with Sophia’s car, who had a motive for killing her, we might be able to shed some light on it.” “You don’t think that’s someone else’s job?” “Whose, Ben?” Nell rolled her head on the chaise pillow and looked at her husband’s profile. “Who would do it? Not the police. Not now that Julianne is practically confessing.” Ben was silent. He drank his Scotch” 0 likes