Start by marking “Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement” as Want to Read:
Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement

Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  701 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Napoleon Hill summed up his philosophy of success in Think and Grow Rich!, one of the bestselling inspirational business books ever. A recent USA Today survey of business leaders named it one of the five most influential books in its field, more than 40 years after it was first published. Now, in Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success, his broadly outlined principles are expanded ...more
Published October 1st 1997 by Plume Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success

Anton Klink
Having finished the short "Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success", the medium sized "Think and Grow Rich" and the massive "The Law of Success" all back to back, and having found them all fairly similar, I will discuss them all at once.

First of all, "Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success" is not by Napolen Hill at all. It is a fairly short book by modern authors outlining the main principles of success found in Hill's other books, especially "Law of Success" and "Think and Grow Rich". Although renamed and re
Jon
Overall quite good, simple ideas, yet just needs to have practice put into it.
Rick
The principles discussed in this book are aimed at business people, but can be used by anyone. The key is to know what you want and keep it foremost in your mind. It's also important to not fall victim to simply focusing on one aspect of your life such as your professional career. You mus be a well rounded individual who understands the value of health, nutrition, personal relationships, and time to relax and rejuvenate.

I recommend this book as a good primer to being successful. Of course it onl
Greg
This is an excellent program with a lot of useful and practical information. Keys to Success is an action-based plan for achieving personal, business, and life success unlike some other programs like The Secret that I would consider to be based more on wishful thinking.

My only criticism of Keys to Success is more of an editing issue than with the content of the program. It would have been nice to have a goal setting and action step section after each of the 17 principles. The program seems to d
Karey
Six years ago, my grandmother's neighbor gave me some old cassette tapes of Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success. I've listened to them over and over, taking notes, closing my eyes, and reveling in the 1950-ish sound of his voice, and the voice of his narrator. The marketing phenomenon, The Secret, is Napoleon Hill all over again.

I've read his books, but I still prefer the tapes. One day I'll break down and get the CD's so I don't have to wake from my reverie and climb off my massage table and flip
Stan Bartkus
Essential reading that should be universally known.
Paul Bard
Practical summary and update of the 17 principles.
Stacie
I had to read this for a class and found it very interesting. Napoleon Hill and his proteges research what makes a champion. What are the characteristics that successful people had. The stories of successful people and how they started out were really interesting for example, Andrew Carnegie and William Chrysler. The principles are all basic, but remind you of the important qualities of a well-rounded life. If you are looking to better your life, start a business, or to improve your chances for ...more
John Nichols
Excellent work with helpful advice. I especially made use of the numerous lists and summaries. The book is a must read for anyone desiring to adopt then work toward a goal in life rather than drifting through the years.
Thuita J.
Oct 09, 2012 Thuita J. is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Complete with invaluable mental exercises, self-analysis techniques, and straightforward advice, Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success is an encouraging and illuminating guide for me. Including such true-life examples of people who have put these principles in action as Bill Gates and Donna Karan, Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success is one of the few books I have read so far on how to achieve health, wealth and success. A very great read!
Tracey Adams
Thought this book had some amazing insights that are still being used today, even with all the technology and choices that we all have.

Really gave me cause to pause and review what I want to do. Need some time to really think about what Mr. Hill is getting across. I actually read it twice - 2nd time took notes and still learn stuff.

Erik Golbiw
Becoming a big fan of Hill and his attitudes toward success and personal achievement. He stresses that the only thing you TRULY control is your thought. Outcomes are dependent on variables, but your mind is yours, and yours alone. Integrating the Keys to Success will absolutely result in positive life changes for you!
Bryan
Great book to read! Really, anything by Napoleon Hill is great! I found that this book had a similar feel to "How to Win Friends and Influence People." Not that that is a bad thing at all. Read both of them. But I would read "How to Win Friends" first.
Kevin
Last chapter sums it up. Have a creative vision while maintain a positive mental and physical health, in order to assemble an alliance that share a common goal that drive practice into successful habits.
Lisa Pietsch
Excellent overview. I strongly recommend it for those who have read "think and grow rich" and "success through a positive mental attitude" but could use a quick refresher to get back on target.
Lisa Shultz
A nice overview of Napoleon Hill's success lessons with some modern examples that help the reader relate to the principles. The last chapter is an especially helpful and concise review.
Chris Ross
I listened to the audio book and it is a gem, small yet valuable. I recommend this book for anyone that is in sales, marketing, an executive, or interacts with others.
Andrea
I love Napoleon Hill!!! He is the man. I have read two of his books and they were both amazing.
Yanko Alexandrov
This book is changing my life day by day.
Kathy
Just like his other books
Diane
Nov 22, 2008 Diane is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Keeps you focused!
Aaron
Much like "Think and Grow Rich", but definitely worth the read.
Renji Joy
Jan 05, 2013 Renji Joy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
read
Oluseyi Amosun
Oluseyi Amosun marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Simeon
Simeon marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Martin
Martin marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Magera Annie
Magera Annie marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
  • The Magic of Believing
  • The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential
  • The Law of Happiness: How Spiritual Wisdom and Modern Science Can Change Your Life (The Secret Things of God)
  • How to Get What You Want
  • Earl Nightingale's the Strangest Secret
  • Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth
  • 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management
  • You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference
  • Little Gold Book of Yes! Attitude: How to Find, Build and Keep a Yes! Attitude for a Lifetime of Success
  • LeaderShift: A Call for Americans to Finally Stand Up and Lead
  • Giant Steps: Small Changes to Make a Big Difference
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • The Psychology of Achievement
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • You'll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation
  • Dare to Win
Napoleon Hill was an American author in the area of the new thought movement who was one of the earliest producers of the modern genre of personal-success literature. He is widely considered to be one of the great writers on success. His most famous work, Think and Grow Rich (1937), is one of the best-selling books of all time (at the time of Hill's death in 1970, Think and Grow Rich had sold 20 m ...more
More about Napoleon Hill...
Think and Grow Rich Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude Law of Success: The 21st-Century Edition Master-Key to Riches Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success

“the starting point of all achievement is desire” 7 likes