Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter

Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  681 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Philippa Fisher is trying to enjoy her vacation, but she's feeling lonely. When she meets sad-eyed Robyn and her very strict dad, Philippa wonders what they could be hiding. Then fairy godsister Daisy sneaks by for a visit, but quickly flies off on a furtive mission. Philippa longs to know what's up with her friends, but friendships can be tricky when there are secrets - a...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by Candlewick Press (MA) (first published January 1st 2009)

Elaine
Another good story about fairies, magic and unusual friendships. Adventures in this book are out of this world and quite a bit fascinating. Enjoyed it. Will read the third book soon.
Maddie
In this adventure Philippa and her family Go on a vacation that Philippa earned in a talent show in the previous book. Along the way Philippa meets great and interesting new people. Like Robin. Philippa soon finds out about Robins dad and his secret. Philippa then has to find a way to save Daisy from certain doom.
Kate
Nov 23, 2010 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young girls
I thinks it was a great addition to Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister. It had a great plot and was very exciting. These books are cute,worthwhile...and fun to read. I like reading cute books, books that do not take too much thought, but flow nicely. I will definitely read the next book.
Sandra Stiles
Publisher: Candlewick Press, 2009
Pages: 270
Source: ARC from Picnic Basket
ISBN: 978-0-7636-4202-0
Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker’s Daughter by Liz Kessler was a wonderful book.
If you weren’t quite sure fairies existed then this book will make you a believer. Philippa Fisher has a fairy god-sister named Daisy. The problem is she can’t tell anyone. She’s already lost her best friend Charlotte by letting her know she believes in fairies. When Philippa wins vacation tickets for herself and her p...more
Martha D
Title: Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker’s Daughter (Philippa Fisher #2)
Author: Liz Kessler
Rating: 4/5

Summary: Philippa Fisher is trying to have a good time on vacation with her parents, but she’s feeling lonely. When she meets Robyn, a girl with sad eyes and a strict father, she enjoys the company, but can’t help wondering what Robyn and her dad might be hiding. Meanwhile, Daisy, Philippa’s best friend (and fairy godsister), sneaks into her former charge’s room for a visit, but now has a furt...more
Avery Shaw
The book, "The Dream Makers Daughter," is a fantasy written by Liz Kessler. Liz also has another finished series, "Emily Windsnap." Also, there has been another book in this series, this being the second.
This book was about a girl named Phillipa, who goes on a family vacation after winning tickets. During the vacation, Phillipa meets a girl her age, Robyn. The small village where they met is Robyn's hometown. A fairy named Daisy who has had past experiences with Phillipa is on a quest involvi...more
Sandie
I loved this book! I enjoy this writer's books but this one was really good and with a unique storyline that was really enticing!

It was heart breaking at points and touching but still a true fairy tale with a happy ending. I think this is the best book I have read by this author so far. I am looking forward to the next installment in this series.

You don't necessarily have to read the first book to read this book, though it is the second book in the series. I enjoy series and try to read in orde...more
Katlyn
My lexile is 832 and the book lexile is 550

Quick book summary: Phillipa went on vacastion and Daisy visit
s her when she's not suppose to. Phillpa makes new friends Annie and Robyn. PQuick hillipa's fairy friend Daisy is in trouble because Robyn's dad has trapped her in a jar. Then Robyn and Phillipa save Daisy and the find out that Annie is a Dream - Maker. Then Daisy has to go back to the fairy realm. That's my book summary.

I recommend this book because it is heart racing, exciting, overwhe...more
Savannah
Jun 20, 2012 Savannah rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: "Magic of Friendship" stories fans
Recommended to Savannah by: I'm a Liz Kessler fan who read the first Philippa Fisher
Honestly, I'm very surprised this book has better ratings than Liz Kessler's other book: The Tail of Emily Windsnap. All in all, the book was ok, but there were some parts I found annoying. The first issue is this book starts out REALLY SLOW. I put it down for a few months because I got so bored of the beginning where they pretty much do nothing but describe the woods, and then throw in the butterfly. Then, the rest of the book is pretty much ruined because the surprise plot is given away in the...more
Emma
Philippa fisher is feeling lonely. She misses her fairy godsister, Daisy. But while on vacation with her parents, she befriends a local girl named Robyn. Though she's excited to have a friend again, Philippa can't help but feel that there's something strange about Robyn and her father.

Meanwhile, Daisy, who is hard at work on a new mission, misses Philippa as well, so she decides to break the rules to visit her friend. Though the girls are happy to be revunited, things soon begin to go horribly w...more
Amari
I love this book and I fell in love with it as soon as I picked it off the book shelf. However I wish I knew where to find the very first book of this series. Excellent book 5 STARS!
Akoss
I regret not reading the first book in this series. After enjoying this one so much I think the next time I'm going to get all the books and read them in order.
Aside from the mystery and magic involved with fairies and dreams, this is a great story about strong and powerful friendship. It's also about learning to grieve for lost ones and lost relationships.
The settings were alive, the characters pleasant, and the story enjoyable. You can read them separate but I believe you get to enjoy them bet...more
Miracle
Philippa is still amazed that she won the talent show at her school.But everybody knows that. What they didn't know was that she had help from her fairy godmother (or fairy godsister since she is the just young), Daisy. Philippa knows she might never really see Daisy again. Now, Philippa has won a vacation with her parents. They go to a small town where Philippa befriends a girl who is a lot like her. But now, Philippa keeps having nightamares about a woman she doesn't even know, learns the trut...more
Stephanie
A good follow-up to the first in the series. This book, like the one before it, has good things to say about not being afraid to be yourself, while at the same time not reducing the message to a fluffy inspirational phrase. It's truly hard to be yourself for people who identify with Philippa's people-pleasing nature, and it doesn't happen all at once by any stretch of the imagination. Kessler does a reasonable job of conveying this by not making it too fluffy and by making Philippa's journey tow...more
Mya Grace
This book is the 2nd book in the Phillippa Fisher series and it is full of suprises! The things that you would think have nothing to do with each other are the things that have the most to do with each other! I would recomend this book to girls who have read the first book in the series and girls who enjoy the Emily Windsnap books.I would recmend the series to girls who are 9-13.:)
Gail
This is the second book that I read in this series. It is a delightful read. Girls from about 9 years on will love this. It has ideas for friendship, getting past grief, forgiving others and developing trust. It is a story about being committed to a friend and learning how to deal with loss. The magic of fairies makes it even better!
4.5 stars. A bit more complicated and somber plot than the first book, and we didn't get to see Phillipa interact with her fairy friend as much as before. That was the charm of book one. Still a fun read though, and I'm looking forward to starting book three soon.
There are no true words for Liz Kessler's books, but I will try:

-beatiful
-astonishing
-best books I have read in my entire lifetime (which, true is only ten years, but still!)

This book tells a fantastic story about friendship, family, and fairies. :)
Alyssa
If I want to read this book on here how to I do it
This book is AMAZING!! I had a lot of trouble putting this book down. It's a wonderful tale about fairies, friendship, caring for one another, being there for each other, and much much more. I can't wait until the next book in this series comes out.
Amelia
Philippa is going to a camp with her family. There she meets a new friend named Robyn with a...a...a...FRIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! she also sees an old friend...Daisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In this magical sequel amazing secrets will be revealed!!!
Alicia
My third grade daughter labeled this "her favorite book ever" and I do see why she thought so. For a children's book, it combined character development with a dose of magic and that is what makes it such an endearing book.
RPBYS
Clarissa
Harley picked this one up and read it in a day... she's super determined sometimes. I didn't realize it is the 2nd in a series. I won't tell Harley because that will get her all frustrated.
Tara Froelich
I absolutely LOVED this book. It was touching and heartwarming and it made ME cry. That is hard to do in a book. I would reccomend this book to any of the girls my age. Beautiful!!!
Makenna
This is the second book in the Philippa Fisher trilogy and it did not disappoint. Philippa finds a new friend who understands her and she clicks with, and then, her father traps Daisy.
10-11 Ashley
This book was okay. It's about a girl and how her and her family go on vacation. Who knows whats going to happen to them if you want to know then you need to read this book.
Natalia Padilla
i liked it but nothing can beat the first one in my opinion. it sounded like a cool little town and i could picture everything in my head as clear as day!
Justine Mattson
I really liked this book. The movements between real and dream worlds are amazing. Some parts were predictable but the book tied together nicely.
  • The Summer of Moonlight Secrets
  • The Wish Stealers
  • Fairy Lies (Fairy Wings #2)
  • Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street, #1)
  • The Sisters Club: Cloudy with a Chance of Boys
  • The Wolf Princess
  • The Bag of Bones (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • Runaway (Starlight Animal Rescue, #1)
  • The Sky Village (Kaimira, #1)
  • Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery (Molly Moon, #5)
  • Cry of the Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic #3)
  • Back to School, Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #2)
  • Dark Passage
  • The High Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Goofy (Time Warp Trio #3)
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand
  • Ask Amy Green: Boy Trouble
  • Waggit's Tale
Liz Kessler is the author of three novels about Philippa Fisher as well as the NEW YORK TIMES best-selling Emily Windsnap series. She lives in Manchester, England.
More about Liz Kessler...
The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Emily Windsnap, #1) Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2) Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Emily Windsnap, #3) Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Emily Windsnap, #4) Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher, #1)