Start by marking “Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter” as Want to Read:
Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter

Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher #2)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,107 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
Philippa Fisher is trying to enjoy her vacation, but she's feeling lonely. When she meets sad-eyed Robyn and her very strict dad, Philippa wonders what they could be hiding. Then fairy godsister Daisy sneaks by for a visit, but quickly flies off on a furtive mission. Philippa longs to know what's up with her friends, but friendships can be tricky when there are secrets - a ...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by Candlewick Press (MA) (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter

Maria Eleynita
Another good story about fairies, magic and unusual friendships. Adventures in this book are out of this world and quite a bit fascinating. Enjoyed it. Will read the third book soon.
Maddie
Mar 03, 2011 Maddie rated it it was amazing
In this adventure Philippa and her family Go on a vacation that Philippa earned in a talent show in the previous book. Along the way Philippa meets great and interesting new people. Like Robin. Philippa soon finds out about Robins dad and his secret. Philippa then has to find a way to save Daisy from certain doom.
Kate
Nov 23, 2010 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young girls
I thinks it was a great addition to Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister. It had a great plot and was very exciting. These books are cute,worthwhile...and fun to read. I like reading cute books, books that do not take too much thought, but flow nicely. I will definitely read the next book.
Sandra Stiles
Aug 04, 2009 Sandra Stiles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Publisher: Candlewick Press, 2009
Pages: 270
Source: ARC from Picnic Basket
ISBN: 978-0-7636-4202-0
Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker’s Daughter by Liz Kessler was a wonderful book.
If you weren’t quite sure fairies existed then this book will make you a believer. Philippa Fisher has a fairy god-sister named Daisy. The problem is she can’t tell anyone. She’s already lost her best friend Charlotte by letting her know she believes in fairies. When Philippa wins vacation tickets for herself and her p
Caedy  Eries
Title: Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker’s Daughter (Philippa Fisher #2)
Author: Liz Kessler
Rating: 4/5

Summary: Philippa Fisher is trying to have a good time on vacation with her parents, but she’s feeling lonely. When she meets Robyn, a girl with sad eyes and a strict father, she enjoys the company, but can’t help wondering what Robyn and her dad might be hiding. Meanwhile, Daisy, Philippa’s best friend (and fairy godsister), sneaks into her former charge’s room for a visit, but now has a furt
Avery Shaw
The book, "The Dream Makers Daughter," is a fantasy written by Liz Kessler. Liz also has another finished series, "Emily Windsnap." Also, there has been another book in this series, this being the second.
This book was about a girl named Phillipa, who goes on a family vacation after winning tickets. During the vacation, Phillipa meets a girl her age, Robyn. The small village where they met is Robyn's hometown. A fairy named Daisy who has had past experiences with Phillipa is on a quest involvi
Sandie
Dec 25, 2015 Sandie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: liz-kessler
I loved this book! I enjoy this writer's books but this one was really good and with a unique storyline that was really enticing!

It was heart breaking at points and touching but still a true fairy tale with a happy ending. I think this is the best book I have read by this author so far. I am looking forward to the next installment in this series.

You don't necessarily have to read the first book to read this book, though it is the second book in the series. I enjoy series and try to read in orde
Katlyn
Jan 26, 2012 Katlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My lexile is 832 and the book lexile is 550

Quick book summary: Phillipa went on vacastion and Daisy visit
s her when she's not suppose to. Phillpa makes new friends Annie and Robyn. PQuick hillipa's fairy friend Daisy is in trouble because Robyn's dad has trapped her in a jar. Then Robyn and Phillipa save Daisy and the find out that Annie is a Dream - Maker. Then Daisy has to go back to the fairy realm. That's my book summary.

I recommend this book because it is heart racing, exciting, overwhe
Savannah
Jun 20, 2012 Savannah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: "Magic of Friendship" stories fans
Recommended to Savannah by: I'm a Liz Kessler fan who read the first Philippa Fisher
Honestly, I'm very surprised this book has better ratings than Liz Kessler's other book: The Tail of Emily Windsnap. All in all, the book was ok, but there were some parts I found annoying. The first issue is this book starts out REALLY SLOW. I put it down for a few months because I got so bored of the beginning where they pretty much do nothing but describe the woods, and then throw in the butterfly. Then, the rest of the book is pretty much ruined because the surprise plot is given away in the ...more
Emma
Oct 28, 2012 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Philippa fisher is feeling lonely. She misses her fairy godsister, Daisy. But while on vacation with her parents, she befriends a local girl named Robyn. Though she's excited to have a friend again, Philippa can't help but feel that there's something strange about Robyn and her father.

Meanwhile, Daisy, who is hard at work on a new mission, misses Philippa as well, so she decides to break the rules to visit her friend. Though the girls are happy to be revunited, things soon begin to go horribly w
Reese M
Oct 06, 2015 Reese M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the best book I have ever read. It is such a page turner! Yesterday I couldn't put it down and read 180 pages!!! I recommend this for girls any age. I would assume that boys wouldn't want to read about fairies... but maybe I'm wrong! I would reccomend that you read the first book of the series, "Phillipa Fisher's Fairy Godsister". Read this book it's amazing!
Jody
Sep 21, 2015 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book about a girl who still believes in fairies. Actually, she has a best friend who is a fairy. Because of her belief and friendship with fairies, she is sent on a mission to help another girl to come tor grips with the death of her mother. It a story of friendship and grief; of dreams and heartache.

I read this book out loud to my daughters. All three of us enjoyed the book. There were a few nights I had to read more than one chapter because they really wanted to know what happe
Amari
Jun 18, 2014 Amari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and I fell in love with it as soon as I picked it off the book shelf. However I wish I knew where to find the very first book of this series. Excellent book 5 STARS!
Karen Thompson
A cute story that Alice checked out from the library at school. I'd recommend reading the first book before this one. This one doesn't stand as well on its own.
Akoss
Jan 29, 2012 Akoss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-mg
I regret not reading the first book in this series. After enjoying this one so much I think the next time I'm going to get all the books and read them in order.
Aside from the mystery and magic involved with fairies and dreams, this is a great story about strong and powerful friendship. It's also about learning to grieve for lost ones and lost relationships.
The settings were alive, the characters pleasant, and the story enjoyable. You can read them separate but I believe you get to enjoy them bet
Miracle
Jul 05, 2012 Miracle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Philippa is still amazed that she won the talent show at her school.But everybody knows that. What they didn't know was that she had help from her fairy godmother (or fairy godsister since she is the just young), Daisy. Philippa knows she might never really see Daisy again. Now, Philippa has won a vacation with her parents. They go to a small town where Philippa befriends a girl who is a lot like her. But now, Philippa keeps having nightamares about a woman she doesn't even know, learns the trut ...more
Stephanie
Jun 05, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good follow-up to the first in the series. This book, like the one before it, has good things to say about not being afraid to be yourself, while at the same time not reducing the message to a fluffy inspirational phrase. It's truly hard to be yourself for people who identify with Philippa's people-pleasing nature, and it doesn't happen all at once by any stretch of the imagination. Kessler does a reasonable job of conveying this by not making it too fluffy and by making Philippa's journey tow ...more
Angela10
Jan 21, 2016 Angela10 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I was very good.
Kiran
Shelves: read-chapter
Mya Grace
Jun 06, 2011 Mya Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mya Grace by: Ella and Emalaya
This book is the 2nd book in the Phillippa Fisher series and it is full of suprises! The things that you would think have nothing to do with each other are the things that have the most to do with each other! I would recomend this book to girls who have read the first book in the series and girls who enjoy the Emily Windsnap books.I would recmend the series to girls who are 9-13.:)
Gail
Feb 06, 2011 Gail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book that I read in this series. It is a delightful read. Girls from about 9 years on will love this. It has ideas for friendship, getting past grief, forgiving others and developing trust. It is a story about being committed to a friend and learning how to deal with loss. The magic of fairies makes it even better!
Feb 01, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. A bit more complicated and somber plot than the first book, and we didn't get to see Phillipa interact with her fairy friend as much as before. That was the charm of book one. Still a fun read though, and I'm looking forward to starting book three soon.
Mar 03, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
There are no true words for Liz Kessler's books, but I will try:

-beatiful
-astonishing
-best books I have read in my entire lifetime (which, true is only ten years, but still!)

This book tells a fantastic story about friendship, family, and fairies. :)
Alyssa
Jan 06, 2014 Alyssa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I want to read this book on here how to I do it
Oct 01, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is AMAZING!! I had a lot of trouble putting this book down. It's a wonderful tale about fairies, friendship, caring for one another, being there for each other, and much much more. I can't wait until the next book in this series comes out.
Amelia
Sep 02, 2012 Amelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Philippa is going to a camp with her family. There she meets a new friend named Robyn with a...a...a...FRIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! she also sees an old friend...Daisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In this magical sequel amazing secrets will be revealed!!!
Alicia
Jun 27, 2010 Alicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My third grade daughter labeled this "her favorite book ever" and I do see why she thought so. For a children's book, it combined character development with a dose of magic and that is what makes it such an endearing book.
RPBYS
Oct 21, 2010 RPBYS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-choice, tween
  • The Summer of Moonlight Secrets
  • Ask Amy Green: Love and Other Drama-Ramas!
  • Fairy Lies (Fairy Wings #2)
  • The Sky Village (Kaimira, #1)
  • The Crab (Legend of the Five Rings: Clan War 5)
  • The Wish Stealers
  • The Wolf Princess
  • Kimonos
  • The Worst Witch to the Rescue (Worst Witch, #6)
  • Dark Passage
  • The Heart of Glass  (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Victor: A Tale of Betrayal, Love, and Sacrifice
  • Dancing Through the Snow
  • 13 Curses (Thirteen Treasures, #2)
  • Hier kommt Lola! (Lola, #1)
  • Cocktails & Ketchup
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
Liz Kessler is the author of three novels about Philippa Fisher as well as the NEW YORK TIMES best-selling Emily Windsnap series. She lives in Manchester, England.
More about Liz Kessler...

Philippa Fisher (3 books)
  • Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher, #1)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)