Start by marking “Blood Alone, Vol. 1-3” as Want to Read:
Blood Alone, Vol. 1-3

Blood Alone, Vol. 1-3 (Blood Alone #1-3)

600 pages of heartfelt vampire romance at one low price!

This omnibus edition contains the first three volumes of Masayuki Takono's Blood Alone, with all-new translations and lettering.

There are worse things than being a vampire. For recently turned vampiress Minato Misaki, there is nothing more painful than watching her human companion, the former vampire hunter turned in
Published April 26th 2011 by Seven Seas

To ask other readers questions about Blood Alone, Vol. 1-3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Alone, Vol. 1-3

Douglas Cootey
Apr 09, 2015 Douglas Cootey rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed, manga, fantasy
I'm going to do my best on this review, but there is a lot of commotion going on around me and my attention is taxed. You have been warned.

I have mixed feelings about this manga. I liked the premise and enjoyed the backstory, but the pacing and focus kept the story based on the characters' lives, not the backstory. I liked the art and was impressed with Masayuki Takano's ability to capture emotive gestures, but found the faces a bit stony and unvaried. I liked the characters Kurose Kuroe &
Jolene
May 05, 2011 Jolene rated it liked it
Originally this series was released in 6 seperate volumes, but it's now compacted into this Omnibus edition of the first three volumes. Kuroe is a private investigator/author/vampire killer who is now living with Misaki a child vampire. (This is mentioned on the back synopsis.) This manga seems like it begins in the middle of the story, and just goes on from there. The storyline does not flashback to how Kuroe and Misaki meet up or how their bond is formed. Therefore, I'm not sure if the transla ...more
Nek0 Neha (BiblioNyan)
Feb 17, 2013 Nek0 Neha (BiblioNyan) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-seinen
Blood Alone is a gorgeous piece of literature. One of the things that I immediately noticed was the crisp, beautiful art. There is an elegance to it that is uncommon in manga. That made the story all the more appealing to me.

Now, moving past that, I rather enjoyed the story thus far. The two main characters have a sweet sort of chemistry and their relationshiip, at times, is adorable. The plot is not fast-paced, but it's also not excruciatingly slow. I found the pace to be rather comfortable. T
Evie
The best way to describe this book would be cute. But don't let that fool you, it's rated T+ for a reason, some of the material could be disturbing for a young reader.
Overall it's a slower paced read. There's tension and issues but lots of day to day life too. I would have liked to have known how Misaki and Kuroe ended up together, where Misaki's parents are, and how old she and Kuroe are. I know this might be stupid, but that bothered me. They didn't really have romance going (more like hints
Sharakael
Jun 19, 2011 Sharakael rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, manga
This is a very good vampire-themed manga. For a start, there's none of the over-sexualised image that's usually presented with vampires. The whole story has more of a quaint, daily-life kind of feel... which is excellent as it shows the characters' personality very well. Actions do show up where necessary, but they're rather sparse in frequency.

The drawing style is simplistic, which compliments the story well as it didn't take the attention away from the story or the charming characters.

In shor
Patricia
Jun 09, 2011 Patricia rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This is a newly-published omnibus version of vols. 1-3 of a vampire-themed manga series. It's rated for older teens, ages 16+, but it's pretty mild & has a good story line. There are some facts that we have yet to learn about the relationship between the young vampire girl & her older male protector though...
Sarah Hayes
Jun 24, 2012 Sarah Hayes rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
I think I've found a supernatural modern vampire romance story that does not suck, and it is Blood Alone. The vampire & human dynamics are pretty fascinating, the whole cast is vibrant and interesting, and the main pairing is pretty darn adorbs (although the double-edged age difference will certainly turn some readers off). Now to bully my library to get the next couple of volumes of this manga!
Ting
Ting rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
Shayley
Shayley rated it it was ok
May 04, 2013
Rachael Kerr
Rachael Kerr rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2014
Aimee Glandt
Aimee Glandt rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Dakota Couey
Dakota Couey rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Melissa Lervold
Melissa Lervold rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Brittany
Brittany rated it did not like it
Mar 14, 2016
Apollon
Apollon rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Emmie Engqvist
Emmie Engqvist rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Superdude
Superdude rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Dale Jr.
Dale Jr. rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2014
hank simmons
hank simmons rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Claire Beeson
Claire Beeson rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2012
Rekki Rekki
Rekki Rekki rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2017
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Moira
Moira rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2012
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Andi
Andi rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • My Boyfriend is a Vampire, vol. 1-2
  • Alice Love Fables: Toy Box
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 6 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #6)
  • Until Death Do Us Part Omnibus (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Vol. 1 & 2 (Until Death Do Us Part Omnibus, #1)
  • Dance In The Vampire Bund, Vol. 1 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #1)
  • ブラッドラッド 1 [Buraddo Raddo 1] (Blood Lad, #1)
  • Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 1
  • Café Kichijouji de, Vol. 01 (Cafe Kichijouji de, #1)

Blood Alone (9 books)