Start by marking “Nowhere to Hide” as Want to Read:
Nowhere to Hide

Nowhere to Hide

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Marissa Gray’s world was shattered when her best friend, Gretchen, was brutally murdered. Back then, Marissa tried to convince authorities that Dillon Archer was the killer. But her eyewitness statement wasn’t enough—and Dillon disappeared. Now a successful journalist, Marissa is back to help her family during a time of need. After years away from Aurora Falls, she finally ...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published October 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Nowhere to Hide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nowhere to Hide

Barbara B.
I have liked a couple of her books, but there just wasn't substance for me in this one. Predictable and i found myself skimming to get thru it.
Britney
For the most part it was good. It could of done with a little less back story and more mystery. I will probzbly read her again.
Sheila

New author to me - excellent mystery. I didn't see the ending coming.
Lori
read when it first came out
Katie
"I have read some of this authors books before and have enjoyed them. I wouldn't put them quite on the level of Mary higgins clark but close. She writes a good fast paced mystery. I had no idea of the killer until I was at the end and while I did enjoy the book I found the motive for the murders to be a little far fetched and not very logical. Nonetheless I did like it and will read many more of hers.". (copied from a random persons review)

I love to support West Virginian authors.
Maggie61
I checked this out of the library & I really enjoyed the book. This is the first book I've read by this author & I'll definitely be reading some more of her books. It was a good mystery that I couldn't put down. I was surprised at the ending & was completely engrossed. My husband was making fun of my gasps as I read the book. Definitely recommend this book.
Alex Arth
A murder occurs on an island and many years later the people present come together again. As they become reaquainted, murders begin to occur. Everyone believes the person responsible for the murder years ago has returned. In the last two chapters the plot takes a totally unexpected twist. This was a very enjoyable book and a quick read.
Jackie
Enjoyed the book, very good mystery, I had thought I had figured it out (knew it wasn't Dillon) had someone else in mind, what a surprise at the end. I started reading this book around the middle of February on my lunch break, but had to take it home tonight (weekend) knew I would be itching to finish it to see if I was right. So glad I did,
Katy
Marissa witnessed the death of her closest friend years ago, yet the police decided to use another person's "eyewitness" account instead. Now though, people who were close to the victim are dying. Has the killer returned? Thompson, a WV Writer, is good, but I did figure out "whodunit" just not why.
Julie
Not one of the better Thompson books. The heroine/hero were very strange. They were written very young/immature in terms of language/actions. The story carried along, but it felt like without any real interactions from the people within it. I start with an older book - maybe from the late 90s.
Sheryl
I haven't read a mystery/thriller in awhile so maybe they're not my genre anymore. This seemed to me overkill in the body department, the buildup and drama. Lots of characters and it was easy for me to put this book down for several days.
Marianne Stehr
Too many characters, too long a set up and a story that just couldn't be followed is the impression I got. I could not make it past 75 pages, maybe it gets better, but I wasn't "into it" and didn't feel like putting in the time.
Afsana
Kay
Probably too many distractions but I didn't have as much problem putting this book down as I usually do with her books.
Joy
I like Carlene Thompson's books - she writes very much like Mary Higgins Clark...another favorite author of mine.
Scoozer
I figured out the killer about halfway through the book, so there was little tension for me. It was just okay.
Jocelynn
This was a wonderfully written mystery that kept me reading and guessing until the end. I couldn't put it down.
Mindy
Enjoyed the book.....the end wasn't as good as I hoped for. I didn't care for the way the epilogue was written....
Maureen
Good book,easy to read. If you like Mary Higgins Clark as I do you will like Carlene Thompson.
Helen Thompson
This was a good "who done it"! It will keep you guessing as the body count increases.
Elvis
Another really good book. A sequel sort of to Nowhere to run. Good book.
Eunys
Surprising ending although some story lines were conviently summed up.
Teri
I would read this author again and I would recommend it to read.
Evan
Very good writing, I love this book.won't put it down.
Kelly
Sure didn't see that coming. Good read. Shocking ending.
Melissa
Another entertaining thriller
Kelly
Kelly is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2015
  • In the Arms of Danger
  • Getaway
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Where Danger Hides (Blackthorne, Inc., #2)
  • Twisted Justice
  • The Calling (Night Breeds, #1)
  • Dead Water (A Loon Lake Mystery, #3)
  • Pocket-47 (Nicholas Colt, #2)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Shattered
  • I See You
  • The Fifth Victim (Griffin Powell, #2)
  • Gator Aide (Rachel Porter, #1)
  • Scared To Death (Live to Tell #2)
  • No Cure For Murder
  • Fatal Error
  • Metro Star Murders
  • Collateral Damage (Matt Royal Mystery #6)
Carlene Thompson is an author of suspense thriller novels.

Her first book, Black for Remembrance, was published in 1990 by Little, Brown and was well received. Her books are suspense novels, often with romantic elements and many take place in Thompson's home state of West Virginia. Her books often feature animals, which she bases on animals she knows in real life.
More about Carlene Thompson...
Black for Remembrance In the Event of My Death Don't Close Your Eyes Since You've Been Gone All Fall Down